High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:49 AM   #181
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
.....oh and I got back to CT on tuesday AM about 230, have no idea what the date was, but the tuesday after thanksgiving.....

Okay - the Tuesday after Thanksgiving was 11/28.

That's a heck of a road trip. Clearly you had great concern for the welfare of your animals.

I'm a little confused though - you said that you were at your mechanics place last night. You just got your radiator fixed this week?

Old 01-11-2007, 10:03 AM   #182
fuscusking13
No,

He is also a friend and I was hanging out over there. I got the radiator fixed right after I got back because the car boiled over the next day after work. I was just saying I happened to be over there last night for a poker game, which I won and if someone had wanted to talk to him for proof he was available. Thank for understanding the fact that I do care a lot. Also out of the 700 in expenses, not all was out of pocket. David threw in $225 towards expenses and the kid I traded with in MO threw in $100, so only $375 actually came out of my own pocket. Plus I bought them all brand new bags and bins for the trip so another 40 bucks or so there. All in all as I said, well worth every minute and every cent. I could not have asked for them to go to a better more suitable establishment.

As to Laura, believe I have read this thread, and I understand you think I am a fool for defending someone who has done nothing wrong that has been proven, that makes perfect sense. I guess we will just hack it up to pms as you said. It not like you in my past experiance with you for you to attack someone for no reason at all, in the past you have only been pleasent and even added to my karma before. Oh well, I guess you just dont understand that people can care about their animals, perhaps its all about the money to you, I will never know. As to the business sense, I do not handle my own money well as I have said, but I am very smart and moved up the ladder at my job higher and faster than anyone before me. It took the last person 2 years to get where I was at my seventh month, but I guess that doesnt mean anything, as I am just a fool. Have a nice day and take care, Dan M.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #183
Chameleon Company
Dan (fuscusking),
You have spent an overwhelming amount of time in the last few days typing your heart out here, stating essentially that you think David is a good guy, based on your experiences. That's a one-post effort to most of us. The prevailing issue in this thread has been whether David and Damon are the same entity. All of your extra typing does not go to that point.

To those who want "proof". May I politely remind you that "proof" is not required even in our court system to send someone to their death ? Its called "belief beyond a reasonable doubt", and circumstantial evidence is a large part of any case. While you may not agree with the conclusions of others here, it is absurd to even suggest that concerns about Damon and David being the same have no merit here, as "David" seems OK so far !! The circumstantial evidence is significant. My own rough guess is that the chance of it all being coincidence is about 1 in 1000 if not greater. I won't list the coincidences again, but its in the range now of "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck". David made enemies. He can run, but hiding seems a bit difficult of late.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #184
Chameleon Company
Oooops ! That would be "Damon" (not David) made enemies. Just another Freudian slip. More coffee please.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #185
fuscusking13
Jim...

I agree, It normally would be one post, but then I received a few questions, which I always answer. Then because I had a good experiance it was time to attack me and my merit, which I will absolutely not stand for as unjustified as it was. I have no problem if I am wrong or if I say something offensive and such, but as long as I am telling the truth and nothing but, I do not feel it is warrented. If I am proven wrong at the end of all this and I made a judgement mistake I would have no problem admiting it and no problem apoligizeing to every single person on this thread who is on the opposite side of the fence. I just hope that if David is proven to be upstanding and not who you guys say he is I would hope that you all could do the same. Happy Thursday, Dan M.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #186
Scott Ashton
Quote:
He is also a friend and I was hanging out over there. I got the radiator fixed right after I got back because the car boiled over the next day after work. I was just saying I happened to be over there last night for a poker game, which I won and if someone had wanted to talk to him for proof he was available.
I absolutely believe that your radiator blew up and you had your car repaired.

No need to prove it to me.

I know what its like to have mechanical issues. I've driven many a beater in my day. I hope you didn't have to wait too long for your mechanic to get your car back to you. If it were my guy, I'd still be hoofin' it to work.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #187
fuscusking13
Scott,

No my mechanic is great. I had the car back with in 2 hours and I didnt even make an appointment, just showed up and they sqeezed me in. His father owns the shop and is a great guy. Its nice to have friends I must say, for you it may be time for a new mechanic lol. Actually they also fixed my blinkers and defrosters that werent working for free. There was an electrical problem from the previous owner who fried the system. I hate my car, but its motivation to work that much harder. THanks again for the vote of confidence. Dan M.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #188
Scott Ashton
Quote:
No my mechanic is great. I had the car back with in 2 hours and I didnt even make an appointment, just showed up and they sqeezed me in. His father owns the shop and is a great guy. Its nice to have friends I must say, for you it may be time for a new mechanic lol. Actually they also fixed my blinkers and defrosters that werent working for free. There was an electrical problem from the previous owner who fried the system. I hate my car, but its motivation to work that much harder. THanks again for the vote of confidence. Dan M.
Now that is what I call express service.

I should have my guy call your guy for some lessons in customer service.

At least you had your car back for the weekend.

I hat being immobile on my days off!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #189
kmurphy
I can understand why HEH may not want to answer questions regarding their “true” identity (out of principle). I believe David has already (indirectly) stated that he is not any of the other people that he has been accused of being. I can also understand why they wouldn’t answer questions regarding a “doctored” photo. That’s a no win situation. It’s like a guy at a bar explaining why he’s not an alcoholic, after being accused of such. And their business structure is non-of-anyone’s business- IMO.
However, what I cannot understand is why they won’t come here and defend the quality/source of their animals. That is their bread and butter. They do state that they have a closed inventory and that all the animals for sale are their own. This doesn’t appear to be the case and they should come here and clear up any confusion. In this business, when dealing with morph’s etc. buyers really need to know what they are buying and trust who they are buying it from. If there were any question that the animals were misrepresented I would look elsewhere. I believe it is their best interest to put this question to bed.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:12 AM   #190
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Well, well, this is getting a little more interesting.

Back in January of 2006, I was offered the job out at Karen and Tims place. They were having great trouble keeping reliable help to take care of the rodents, rabbits, and rescues. I turned it down for a few reason, my main reason being that I did not want to run the risk of hurting my boa collection by working with rescues.

What I can say about the gator incident is that Karen and Tim are connected to it. We needed a speaker in January of 2005 and the shared the story with our club, complete with the patrol cruiser's video.

No, I have not seen the person in the picture before, but here is a pic of Tim and I at NARBC 2005 and a pic of Karen. Her hair is as long as mine and she wears it in a bun to keep it out of her way.

Hope this helps.........
Laura, since you are apparently close to these folks, could you ask them how they happened to buy Damon's property in CA, and how HEH's domain was originally registered under their name? I'm not trying to implicate them in anything, but they may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart