I want my user name changed - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #31
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
Just quit school and get a job so you can pay the $25.
Yet another gem of wisdom. I'm tempted to pay the $25 just so I can give you a proper 'Karma donation'.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
Lucille
I agree, that is terrible advice, to quit school. I made the appropriate donation, Dan.
But many in high school have part time jobs. I suggested yard work- cutting one yard in this area we both live in, Caleb, can bring in anywhere from $20-$50, (I pay $30 for a small front yard) you could make your $25 in one afternoon.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #33
WebSlave
Personally, I don't think the AMOUNT of money is an issue here. It's probably that it is ANY money.......

Old 07-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #34
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Maybe what you could do for now is put your business name as your signature. That way it would show up under your posts (where my blog address is on this post), until you have made a few sales and can become a contributing member?

Or edit your status so that it reads your business name instead of "Registered user"
If having the 'business' name in plain sight is an absolute must, Helen has already pointed out two very simple, and free, ways to accomplish it. It may not be the total gratification you're looking for, but it's still better than nothing.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #35
kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Unfortunately, if you have gotten into this thinking you were going to make money, it is my opinion that you don't realize just how far away you are from that goal. Can you afford to operate in the red for several years?

No, I am not going to change my mind about my policy. It would certainly be interesting, I guess, to have a loophole in that policy whereby anyone who isn't making money as a business could be exempted and get whatever they want for free. I believe that MOST people doing this are not making any money when they consider actual expenses. Heck, I started breeding corn snakes as a hobby around 1978. I didn't come up with "SerpenCo" as a business name till 1985. And I'll bet I wasn't operating in the black till around 1991 or so when I decided to go full time at it and increase the NUMBERS I would be able to produce. Yeah you can make a goodly amount of GROSS receipts breeding reptiles, but your expense tend to keep pace and overwhelm any profits you may try to realize. Heck, we used to have rodent chow and bedding material delivered every two weeks and was costing me about $1,500 a month. It would have brought tears to your eyes to get the electric bills I had to pay. To this day I still wonder if the amount of effort expended was worth the final result.

So all I can say, is good luck to you on your venture.
I know I said I was done discussing this, but I feel I must address this. Yes, I hope to make money some day, but I know I will lose money for a while. I'm in this for my love of keeping and breeding reptiles, but want to turn it into a business as well I can manage to operate in the red for a while. I'm getting by, my parents are helping me out (while I don't have a job) and I get paid for an odd job here and there, but everything goes towards taking care of the animals. I'll pay the $25 when I have it.

Lastly, if you just in it for the money, then no, it wouldn't be worth it, but if you love the hobby, then it should all be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
Just quit school and get a job so you can pay the $25.
Wow, great advice, you could be a guidance counselor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I agree, that is terrible advice, to quit school. I made the appropriate donation, Dan.
But many in high school have part time jobs. I suggested yard work- cutting one yard in this area we both live in, Caleb, can bring in anywhere from $20-$50, (I pay $30 for a small front yard) you could make your $25 in one afternoon.
Between school and taking care of the reptiles, I don't have much time. I might could pick up some odd jobs this summer though.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #36
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Yet another gem of wisdom. I'm tempted to pay the $25 just so I can give you a proper 'Karma donation'.
Ya think maybe it was sarcasm? I could be wrong and I know its hard to tell on line but do you think anyone would seriously be suggesting quitting school to get a job to pay a $25.00 fee for an online reptile site. Its one of the few posts that actually did make me LOL.

If I'm wrong and reptile geek was serious then yeah, I agree with the rest of you.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #37
kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Personally, I don't think the AMOUNT of money is an issue here. It's probably that it is ANY money.......
No, it's the AMOUNT.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
Ya think maybe it was sarcasm? I could be wrong and I know its hard to tell on line but do you think anyone would seriously be suggesting quitting school to get a job to pay a $25.00 fee for an online reptile site. Its one of the few posts that actually did make me LOL.

If I'm wrong and reptile geek was serious then yeah, I agree with the rest of you.
Whether the statement was made facetiously or not, is open to interpretation. If you're bored, feel free to sift through his past contributions and decide for yourself just how seriously he should be taken. My own comment was intended more to address his standard operating procedure of adding absolutely nothing of value to whatever thread he posts on. I've taken this one far enough

Old 07-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #39
ReptileGeek181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Thanks baby!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #40
ReptileGeek181
He's my number 1 fan <3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!