New Hatchling Everglades Ratsnake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
SWDK
New Hatchling Everglades Ratsnake

I just received a hatchling Everglades Ratsnake from Big Apple Reptiles. It's officially the smallest snake I've ever kept. It's only about 10" at best and thin as a pencil. I'm guessing I should try to feed it pinks or possibly cut in half pinks? Here's a quick pic from directly after unboxing.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
BeauBoi
I SO love them when they are tiny! I keep Everglades myself, and they will surprise you with both their gluttony and feistiness! My oldest male has become a garbage disposal! Lol

I would suggest you try day-old pinks to start. If the diameter of thepink is moe than 1 and 1/2 times the diameter of the largest part of the snake, then try feeding just the pinky heads to start. Be sure to check to see how fast the "food lump" disappears, if it disappears in 72 hours all should be good.

If you do end up having to feed pink heads, I recomend feeding every 4 days until he is big enough to take a full pink.

Best Wishes!
~Beau

Old 03-31-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
SWDK
Thanks Beau! It ate a whole pinky this past Sunday. Took it down without any hesitation. Now I not too worried about the little guy/girl eating. I look forward to watching it grow and progress through the color change.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!