Warning!!! Corallus caninus from Karen Clark - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-22-2004, 06:15 PM   #1
Nicolas Vidal
Warning!!! Corallus caninus from Karen Clark

Dear Herpetoculturists,

There are captive born and bred Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boas currently available on Kingsnake.com from Karen Clark, Pembroke Pines, http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/c/kclark49/.
Be careful when you deal with her, as in addition to being very impolite, she will take the sale pending off the animal if she hasn't received your money order within 6 business days after mailing!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course,this is never mentioned by Karen Clark before the transaction.............

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Vidal

Nicolas Vidal c/o Hedges Lab
Department of Biology
Pennsylvania State University
208 Mueller Lab
University Park, PA 16802-5301

Old 04-22-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
Uffern
This needs to go in the BOI.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #3
odatria
Re: Warning!!! Corallus caninus from Karen Clark

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicolas Vidal
Be careful when you deal with her... she will take the sale pending off the animal if she hasn't received your money order within 6 business days after mailing!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course,this is never mentioned by Karen Clark before the transaction.............
Does a seller really need to tell you that your payment should arrive in less than 6 days?

Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 PM   #4
Ken Harbart
Quote:
she will take the sale pending off the animal if she hasn't received your money order within 6 business days after mailing!!!!!!!!!!!
And placing a snake back on the market if payment isn't received within a reasonable amount of time is wrong because???

If I had a dollar for everyone who strung sellers along with "the check's in the mail; holdl the animal for me" I sure as hell wouldn't be at work right now.

After a week of no payment showing up, I don't feel that it's unreasonable for a snake to be placed back on the market.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Urban Jungles
Are you sure you have the right Karen Clark?

Karen and her husband Craig are perhaps some of the nicest and most knowledgable treeboa folks you'll ever meet, rudeness is very uncharacteristic of them and I must assume that there's more to this story. I have known the Clark's for a couple of years now and cannot believe that they would randomly treat you inappropriately.

I think that if Karen was rude to you it was for a good reason...

Old 04-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #6
LOSTNCONFUSED
I HAVE DEALT PERSONALY WITH THE CLARKS FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS(SINCE MY DAYS WORKING AT GOLD COAST REPTILES) AND NOT ONLY HAVE I NEVER KNOWN THEM TO BE IMPOLITE , BUT THEY WERE ALWAYS A BRIGHT PART OF MY DAY WHENEVER THEY CAME IN TO PURCHASE THIER RODENTS. AS FOR THEM PLACEING A ANIMAL BACK UP FOR SALE AFTER 6 DAYS OF NON RECIEPT OF PAYMENT THATS ACTUALLY 5 DAYS MORE THAN I WOULD HOLD ANY ANIMAL . THE WAY I SEE IT IF THE ANIMALS IS NOT PAYED VIA PAY PAL THEN I REQUIRE THAT THE MONEY BE OVER NIGHTED NO EXCEPTIONS . I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY AND I HOPE THE CLARKS COME ON SOON TO SHARE THIER SIDE . I FOR ONE KNOW THAT THE CLARKS ARE SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY TO DEAL WITH AND HIGHLY RECOMEND THEM
JOHN PERAZA

Old 04-22-2004, 08:00 PM   #7
odatria
This guy is obviously a rookie...

that has no idea how to complete a transaction in a timely manner. Sad thing is that he is the one whos name should be in the Title of this thread.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:57 PM   #8
Paul August
Clarks

This is what scares some people about the BOI, that you could have anyone post a badguy report for no reason...
These are goog people that when I get the funds will get my business and I will pay when I say.
Paul August
www.mdcustom.com

Old 04-22-2004, 10:03 PM   #9
Karen Clark
Nicolas Vidal - Deadbeat buyer

Thanks guys for the good words.

Here's the story. Nicolas told us he mailed the money order on the 13th several times. I will post at least one of his e-mails below. On the 20th (EIGHT days after being told it was mailed) I wrote to him telling him nothing had been received and that I was removing the sale pending from the ad. It is now the 22nd and STILL no money order has shown up!!!!

Nicolas responded to my e-mail advising him of the removal of the sale pending from the ad, cancelling the sale and saying he felt deceived. I wrote back to him telling him that he was kept informed and had no reason to feel deceived, that he was informed before I removed the sale pending. He requested that we return the money order to him when it arrived. He was told that we would.

He has written to me several times over the last few days requesting that we return the M/O. He has been told we would. Today, he again wrote. I wrote him back this a.m. telling him that as of yesterday's mail it had not come and that if and when the M/O showed up it would be marked Return to Sender and sent back to him. I told him that I would contact him at that time and to please not bother me again about this. It was not in today's mail either, making a total of ten (10) days since it was supposedly mailed.

IF and WHEN it arrives, we will scan the envelope and we'll all see what day it was postmarked. Frankly, at this point, I don't think it will ever arrive, draw your own conclusions.

I have never been rude to Nicolas. In fact, just the opposite as he accused us of deceiving him because we removed the sale pending.

This is bordering on libel and I suggest Mr Vidal rethink his actions before he goes any further.

Below is the e-mail I sent to Nicolas after he cancelled the sale after being informed of the nonreceipt of the M/O and the removal of the sale pending. Sorry, I don't remember how to get the formatting code, but will find out tomorrow and post.

DATE:Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:59 PM

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry you feel that way, but you have no reason to feel deceived. You have
been kept informed. It has had ample time to get here as we received
yesterday a MO that was mailed from upstate New York on Thursday, two days
after you wrote me yours was mailed.

We didn't have to put sale pending on the ad. We did that because we are
honest people and:
a) didn't want any one else thinking the animal was still available.
b) to show YOU our good faith.
It's a safe bet I won't ever place a sale pending again now.

Recently we were strung along for three weeks by someone (who we had chatted
with for years on a couple of different message boards and thought was our
friend) saying the MO was in the mail. He even, at one point, had the gall
to say it had been FedX'd, but couldn't provide the tracking #, said he lost
the receipt. This incident is the reason I did this, if you can't
understand, then oh well.

Karen
----- Original Message -----
To: "Karen Clark" <kclark49@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: Message about: CBB Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boas

> Hi Karen,
>
> I am very surprised and deceived by your reaction as I am as worried as
you
> about the money order ($826.50 have been withdrawn from my account one
week
> ago).
> IT WAS MAILED ON THE 13th. I can fax you a copy of the receipt if you
want.
> Given this lack of confidence, and in order to get my money back, would
you
> please 1) tell me when you get the money order, and 2) mail it to me as
> soon as possible at the following address :
>
> >>Nicolas Vidal xxxxxxxx
> >>xxxxxxxxxx
> >>xxxxxxxxxx
> >>xxxxxxxxxx
> >>xxxxxxxxxx
> >>tel. xxxxxxx, fax. xxxxxxx>
>
> I am really sorry the deal is cancelled due to a delay in the postal
> service, independent of my will,
> Thanking you in advance,
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nicolas
>

The x'd out text is all personal ID, including his employer, that we don't feel should be posted on an open board.

Karen and Craig Clark

Old 04-23-2004, 08:51 AM   #10
ScottsReptiles
Re: Warning!!! Corallus caninus from Karen Clark

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicolas Vidal
Dear Herpetoculturists,

There are captive born and bred Amazon Basin Emerald Tree Boas currently available on Kingsnake.com from Karen Clark, Pembroke Pines, http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/c/kclark49/.
Be careful when you deal with her, as in addition to being very impolite, she will take the sale pending off the animal if she hasn't received your money order within 6 business days after mailing!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours sincerely,

Nicolas Vidal

Nicolas Vidal c/o Hedges Lab
Department of Biology
Pennsylvania State University
208 Mueller Lab
University Park, PA 16802-5301
Doesn't sound like a bad guy to me. There are lot of sellers out there that will not consider an animal sold until there is some sort of downpayment recieved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!