Vision CB 70 Racks - Any good? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 07-14-2006, 12:22 AM   #1
SPJ
Vision CB 70 Racks - Any good?

Does anyone have these? Do they hold humidity? Are they sturdy? If you have 1 already, would you buy another or go with a different vendor?
Let me know whatever you can about these racks.
Thanks a bunch.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
shrap
Steve,

Take a look at the racks at www.arscaging.com

Very very nice design. I like them very much.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #4
SPJ
I thought about those but man. They are double the price. I have about $3K worth of animals coming within the next few weeks and money is tight.
I only have about $1000 to spend on racks and would like to get the "best bang for the buck" while still making sure I have enough shelves.

Old 07-14-2006, 03:13 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
I commented on the thread that Dennis linked to but I would like to clarify my comments further here since I've had a few more months using the rack.
I feel my previous statements weren't adequate and I would now say the rack I have from Vision is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever had the misfortune to drag into my house.
I slide a couple of the tubs out on a daily basis, and every morning when I check on those snakes I loathe that rack a little more. I have even fantasized about taking one of the plastic levels back with me to Daytona and using it to beat the fellow who sold it to me senseless.

This is my opinion of the rack, your mileage may vary.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
AncientDNA
Clay,
I think you must've gotten a bum prototype.
I still like mine alot and plan on getting one or two more this year.
It is very sturdy for the weight and have had to move mine twice(as in different apartments) since I got it. It was a whole lot easier than moving my other racks.
With the wheels locked I have no issues with the lightness of the rack when sliding tubs in or out.
As I keep Rosies, I also have no need to maintain humidity & I drill extra holes to make sure it stays low.
-JC

Old 07-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #7
SPJ
Looks like I'll be ordering the Vision CB 70 rack.

Clay,
It appears they have made a lot of changes since the prototype. They now include double the heat rope, the tubs don't get caught, the casters lock, and they are using steel poles for the supports.

I made an inquiry on KS about the new ones and it seems that everyone is pleased with the new revamped racks.

I'll have to give a review after it arrives.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #8
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Steve,

Take a look at the racks at www.arscaging.com

Very very nice design. I like them very much.
I second that. Killer racks!

Old 07-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #9
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
Looks like I'll be ordering the Vision CB 70 rack.

Clay,
It appears they have made a lot of changes since the prototype. They now include double the heat rope, the tubs don't get caught, the casters lock, and they are using steel poles for the supports.

I made an inquiry on KS about the new ones and it seems that everyone is pleased with the new revamped racks.

I'll have to give a review after it arrives.
Steve,

You get what you pay for. I have been told by people who have seen them in person that they are total crap.

Jamie

Old 07-14-2006, 11:36 PM   #10
SPJ
Jamie,
I see your point about getting what you pay for but in this case it looks like the best bang for the buck is the Vision. They redid the design and it appears to have made a big difference.

It seems the redesigned one is good since Ralph Davis, Greg Graziani and Tracy Barker all came forward and said they now use the new Vision racks exclusively and love them. Tracy even said she is keeping bloods in these racks.
Pro Exotics is switching over all of their racks to Vision ones with the new facility.
If these guys are using them for their extreme high dollar animals, then they should be good for my few morphs and normals.

On a side note, Brian Hahn at ARS infromed me that the ARS-70 Tubs will fit the Visions. Even though Vision Racks don't come with tubs, I can still order the tubs thru ARS, get the rack from Vision, and it will cost $300 less (with one extra level) than going with just the ARS rack.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!