Similar to BP? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
Alex G
Similar to BP?

I really enjoy the feel of a BP and how calm they are being handled and yet curious while in their tanks... but I can't stand the way their patterns and color morphs look. Are there any snakes you'd recommend that are similar to BP's but with different coloration? Preferably on a <$100 budget.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 PM   #2
snakemansnakes
um.......I usually always recommend ball pythons.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
SPJ
Try a Python regius.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
Twizted Paths
Different coloration? Isn't the only snake w/ more color options a corn?

They're not like balls though.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
RichsBallPythons
well nothing will match a ball python in that price range. Now Woma pythons are really nice and are docile like ball pythons as well.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
evilcowboy420
Ain't gonna get anything outside of corns kings milks garters for that price.

Corns - really laid back but can scare

Kings - bity young but laid back as adults.

milks - will run any chance they get.

garters - still one of the most awsome snakes in my book. Can be flighty at first and may bite but for a typical snake they are still a great one. Best thing is usually won't cost you anything if you lift rocks in the summer and find a baby one.

But for temperament I personally believe it is all how often they are handled and how well they are taken care of. Every snake will bite, musk or try to run. Ball pythons are no exception. Most people say that they are easily handled which is true provided you handle them otherwise they will still have a bad attitude.

So in my opinion any snake that looks cool to you and falls into your price range should be good for you. Because I think you can tame down any snake.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
vmreptiles
Angolans are a lot like balls but with different coloration. I'm not sure about their temperament, but it could be worth looking into.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
WingedWolf
I think normal balls are still the least expensive pythons available. I don't know of any others under $100 offhand.
You want something colorful under $100, you would have to get into colubrids.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
vmreptiles
Oh, under $100... I read that as under $1000, Angolans are definitely not in your price range. I agree, you'll have to go into colubrids, or get a low end boa.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #10
Alex G
I have two corns already. I'm looking into a hognose (because they're cute) as well. I suppose I can get used to the patterning on a BP if it means having a tv snake... every one I've held, even ones in petstores that probably never get handled have been very calm in my hands. Thanks for the advice, I also heard Womas were good but I dislike their coloring even more than I do BPs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!