run away juvie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-22-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
heretherebedragonz
run away juvie

does anyone have any ideas on how to catch a runaway juvie beadie.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #2
Robust_Beardies
We had leopard geckos a while back. During the cleaning of a cage, a young juvi somehow managed to strap on rocket packs and made a mad dash for freedom. She succeeded, unfortunately. We looked high and low and could not find her!!! We kept an eye and an ear out for her everyday. We even tried to coax her out of wherever she was hiding with food items she especially liked. No luck.

One night, about a month later, we heard a scratching from under a bookcase. We moved everything frantically hoping that it was our escapee. Fortunately, it was!! She hadn't grown much, if at all and was VERY hungry to say the least. She didn't grow a big as our other leopard geckos, but she was loved just the same . . . if not more!!

Don't give up hope of not finding your beardie. We don't have any cats or dogs so that helped ease our minds of her surviving. Beardies are hardy lizards and love their basking spots. Maybe keep an eye out for those sunny spots near windows, glass doors or even lamps. We hope you find your beloved lizard soon and that it's in great health.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
melindaste
I would try and hand a basking light in the room it was in . Put it about two feet up and turn off all lights and see if it goes for the heat.. Maybe a bowl of mealworms with the heat.. Good luck and keep us posted..

Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
reptikes
I have lost 3-Ball Pythons, 1-African Rock Python-twice, 1-Asian Water Monitor-twice, 1-RTB, 2 or 3 mice, and 1-Mangrove Monitor. I found all except i found the Mangrove Monitor after the smell led me to him (he/she was dead) and one of the mice was killed by my cat. If you set aside half a day to just completely look, you'll find your rep.
Good Luck, Mike

Old 01-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
texasnewbie
Close off the room that you lost him in (so he cant get into the rest of your house) and try setting up a heat lamp. If that doesnt work then you may have to physically search the room from top to bottom.
Hope you find it soon.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
fstop2100a
I seem to find mine hiding under a sofa or behind and under something. They tend to find a dark corner of the room under something...

Old 01-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
Reptileking636
i recently misplaced my adult male, but he came out of hiding 2 days later and he was sitting in the light from another enclosure when i woke up. The beardie will come out eventually, just keep the room closed off and check it frequently

Old 01-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
heretherebedragonz
Thanks I will try the light and then tear the room apart if the light doesn't work. I will keep you informed

Old 01-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
melindaste
Any updates? Have you found your Beardie yet?

Old 01-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
heretherebedragonz
Know updates yet, he is still in hidding. Thanks for the concern.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!