Inquiry Richard Pacheco, Edith Marie? Scammers? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
ElevatedExotics
Richard Pacheco, Edith Marie? Scammers?

This man sent a money order for 2550.00 for a 90 shipped leopard gecko.shipped by Edith marie... Seems like a scam. Anyone else have info on him? Phone number is 7084928946 any info is appreciated. I understand how these scams work.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #2
Deborah Stewart
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevatedExotics View Post
This man sent a money order for 2550.00 for a 90 shipped leopard gecko.shipped by Edith marie... Seems like a scam. Anyone else have info on him? Phone number is 7084928946 any info is appreciated. I understand how these scams work.
Over the last few months there has been a few other similar scams with various aliases, emails addresses and phone numbers so far I have

Joffred23 Email romnniazs@gmail.com Ruben Jake / James Kennedy Phone# 650-410-3537 – 708-467-9137

Chris Wilmer

Scrapemetal - Fred Wilson / Johnson Joseph / John Jones – repozinlasterp@gmail.com – 727-308-1398 – 708-467-9137

Wilson4 – Wilson John– Fredwilson762@gmail.com barristerfredwilson@gmail.com

Crespo Joe – toolzosuccesful@gmail.com

Clara Wilson - claraw905@gmail.com

225-380-3623

319-820-1030

They all send MO for an amount way over the listed price (well their "assitant" does that ) then want the difference back via Walmart MO, obviously a scam

Old 06-08-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
What Deborah said. Beware. Post any and all information you have to help others. Every alias and means of contact shared means another that may fail to work for them in the future if people do a search. I realize you already put the name(s) and number here. Any email addresses and so on are good additions as well. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #4
Gregw28
Did the money order end up going through? I got a text from the same number, guy going as John Bishop. Wondering if it was legit or not. Said he is sending a Money order and accidentally sent too much.

Old 07-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw28 View Post
Did the money order end up going through? I got a text from the same number, guy going as John Bishop. Wondering if it was legit or not. Said he is sending a Money order and accidentally sent too much.
Those strangely persistent slivers of hopefulness and curiosity form the lifeblood of these scammers.

Reaching the point where an address is given out or a fake money order is received means one's armor and defensive processes need to be reevaluated.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw28 View Post

Oh C,mon now really?
Holy moly this is one of the OLDEST cons on the block, it has been doing the craiglist rounds for absolutely years!

Please people do not get suckered into anything remotely like this ever.
Pure scam end of story.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #7
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Reaching the point where an address is given out or a fake money order is received means one's armor and defensive processes need to be reevaluated.
Not necessarily, some of us play along and get the scammer to send the fake MO just to waste their time and some money for postage.

Play your cards right and you can get them to do it more than once.

Now, if you try to deposit the MO in your bank account then yes you need to have your head examined.

Also if you don't want to use your address just send it to your local cop shop or FBI field office instead.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #8
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Not necessarily, some of us play along and get the scammer to send the fake MO just to waste their time and some money for postage.

Now, if you try to deposit the MO in your bank account then yes you need to have your head examined.

Also if you don't want to use your address just send it to your local cop shop or FBI field office instead.
While I can see the merit of "playing with them" I do not feel it is a good ploy as it encourages them to remain at it, yes eventually they realise they were "played" by you but while still out there "playing", there WILL be somebody who does fall for it and get scammed and then it is not a game any more.....
I suggest just totally ignoring them, not even deigning to reply is best method, and adding them to the ever growing list here on the BOI.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:12 PM   #9
Black Adder
just my humble opinion of course and everybody is free to handle them as they see fit obviously.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #10
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post

I agree with your exception, Melinda. I was typing about the hopeful and curious contingent to which such bait is aimed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!