Looking For Advice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
tplat
Looking For Advice

Hi all. I was setting up a chameleon habitat and was planning on getting a panther chameleon and had everything ready to go. I put some money down towards a panther with the guy who owns a reptile store not far from my house, he knows several local breeders. I mentioned this to one of my neighbors that I was getting one in a few weeks and his step son asked if I could take care of his veiled chameleon for about 5 days while he was out of state. Now I`m stuck with this guys veiled chameleon as I dont think he will be comming back anytime soon. I found out that he violated a restraining order and now his parole officer is looking for him. I cant afford at the moment to properly set up another habitat and the money I put down is non refundable after so many days. So basicly I`m stuck with one and dont want to lose the $100.00 I put down for a panther. Dont really know anyone else to give him to that has a properly set up habitat for him available and able to take care of him.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
rcarichter
First, I'd tell the stepdad you can't take care of it, and that you're going to put it up for adoption. Maybe email it so you have a record. If you can contact the actual owner, even better. Sounds like the guy has bigger problems, and he isn't going to chance causing any more problems for himself over a cham. Put him in the adoption forum for local pickup (if you're not comfortable with shipping reptiles). Please make sure he goes to an experienced home!

Noelle

Old 02-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
tplat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
First, I'd tell the stepdad you can't take care of it, and that you're going to put it up for adoption. Maybe email it so you have a record. If you can contact the actual owner, even better. Sounds like the guy has bigger problems, and he isn't going to chance causing any more problems for himself over a cham. Put him in the adoption forum for local pickup (if you're not comfortable with shipping reptiles). Please make sure he goes to an experienced home!

Noelle
Well I dont think he`s comming back anytime soon, it`s been going on almost a month now. As for making sure he goes to a good home that is a must. I talked to his stepdad about it and he doesnt want to take care of it as he doesnt have the time with work and now having to move in a few months and then I asked about what his stepson had for a habitat and he said his stepson packed up and took what he had there including the enclosure and has no idea if he still even has it. H said he hasnt talked to him in several weeks.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
rcarichter
Then I would put him on the adoption forum here on Fauna, indicate approximately where you live and how far you'd be willing to drive to meet up. It stinks that you have to do this, but you've been put in a bad spot. No good deed goes unpunished!

Noelle

Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
tplat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Then I would put him on the adoption forum here on Fauna, indicate approximately where you live and how far you'd be willing to drive to meet up. It stinks that you have to do this, but you've been put in a bad spot. No good deed goes unpunished!

Noelle
Yeah I was gonna do that after dinner here. I want him to go to a good home where he will be taken care of.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
EvilLost
I sent a PM....if this is available still I could def give him a good home in OC

Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
MiamiGeckos
Did you already give it up for adoption?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!