pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:46 PM   #41
Beyond the Web
And BTW, a "few" others means more than 1. Therefore, if you do the math, I had 3 Crotalus. If in any way I made you think I have any other venomous animals you're more than welcome to question me, but I'll answer in advance if that is where you're headed. The answer is NO.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #42
Wilomn
The plain and simple is that he did not "admit" to everything all at once. It's been dragged out of him one scale at a time.

It's not so much that he "came clean" as he was "forced to clean himself up" by those of us who saw through his lies.

Even I know law enforcement officers that I could talk to off the record so that's a moot point as far as I'm concerned.

However, there was mention of several crotalids brumating, getting a pair that were then just two baby northern pacific babies from someone who caught the mother pregnant. Those snakes generally give birth in july to sept. You had those snakes for months. Your cop friends probably told you they weren't legal. Oh well for us I guess.

pete, how many, total, rattlesnakes have you had in the past? What happened to them? Where did they come from?

See what happens when you try to do things halfway?

The god stuff won't wash with me. The family stuff won't wash with me. I don't think you've told ALL the truth yet.

If you want to stand up and be a man then stand up straight. So far you seem to be somewhat stooped. That's got to be uncomfortable.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:22 PM   #43
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond the Web
Dave, you're absolutely correct - but can you blame me for panicking after everyone threw in the legalities of what was done? I was at fault, I knew that then and I know that now, as you have decided to bring up the subject quite frequently.

Now I must ask you this, will you continue to bring up the issue in future threads? And if so, what are your intentions for doing so?
For crying out loud, stop being on the defensive! You just don't get it do you?

You're absolutely correct, but you...
I was wrong, but you...
BUT nothing!

YOU knew what you were doing was wrong prior to anyone else telling you.
YOU chose to do it anyway.
YOU chose to lie instead of telling the truth when caught.
YOU need to deal with it.

Will I bring this up in future threads? Are you going to give me reason to?

Old 01-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #44
Ophis
He has come clean

I think Pete has realized that honesty is the best policy, although his doing so reminded me of an impacted wisdom tooth extraction. I would feel no further need to kiss ass on this subject if I were he.

Old 01-01-2005, 06:32 PM   #45
Beyond the Web
Quote:
pete, how many, total, rattlesnakes have you had in the past? What happened to them? Where did they come from?
AGAIN... I've had 3. One sidewinder was shipped via UPS to Adam in Arizona. The sidewinder was WC, the Northerns were CB from a WC female. The person's name who has the female and now has the 2 hatchlings I just returned is William.

And Dave, can you answer my questions?

Other than that, I am an amateur herp enthusiast. I started with a Cornsnake, moved to Pythons and Boas and then I had those 3 Crotalus. What makes you think I have more? You know my address.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:05 PM   #46
Sunset Gecko
One Thing

All I know is one thing....it's hardest to cross the line the first time, and gets easier everytime afterward. I hope he's clean for good, but I have my doubts. I'm glad someone finally came forward and admitted their mistake, I do have to give him some credit for that

Old 01-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #47
nicolai
I would like to know one thing????

What answer or answers can pete give to anyone on here to end this and let him get on with his life. Will the " beat down" people please state exactly what they would like pete to do so he will know what needs to be said or done to correct this thing. If he does do what you guys ask will you then let this : soap opera " end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Quote from Ophis:
I think Pete has realized that honesty is the best policy, although his doing so reminded me of an impacted wisdom tooth extraction. I would feel no further need to kiss ass on this subject if I were he.
01-01-2005 11:22 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ophis , myself and i think the majority of the members here agree with you on this one!!!

Webslave: due to the topic line of this thread, this thread should be moved to the "shipping" forum since it is not an inquiry of a business or a person but rather a question as to how someone shipped something. How about we get this thing off the B.O.I.

Old 01-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #48
Wilomn
nicholas,

Why are you so loathe to let pete set things striaght for himself? Does he NEED you to take care of his problems? Do you ever wonder if you're really being more of a detriment to his reputation than you are a positive influence?

pete, while underinformed and somewhat whiney has managed to get this far. Maybe, just maybe, he can go the rest of the way without anyone else doing his WHINING for him.

It's not so much what we can say for to "exactly do" to get us to believe him. It was through HIS lies that he found himself where he is now. Some of us "beat down" folks would REALLY like to see him become a good guy. Some of us "beat down" folks have had that same wish about others who wound up here in situations similar to pete's own. By and large they, those who come on here lying and whining and saying that "good christians and family people" would forgive and forget, wind up being the scumbags of the reptile world. When you've been disappointed a few times you are more cautious in future beliefs.

This thread is EXACTLY where it belongs.

Everything else is up to pete.

I will say though, that were I pete, I would BY FAR prefer speaking for mySELF as opposed to having someone else do it for me.

Old 01-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #49
ravensgait
Pete

Have you ever had sex outside your marriage? Have your ever done drugs? How about speeding I bet you speed? etc etc etc ,Thought I'd ask you these questions before these nice folks here got around to it.

This question is for the HOUNDS here,, IS THERE some point to your 'what has become harassment here! Gee call the cops on the guy and let them put him out of his misery.

I want to point out to you people that what got everyone going on this was the mention of a sidewinder being shipped to Az. Now I don't know Pete but by his haveing brought this up in this forum would suggest that either he was at least some what unaware that it was wrong or just stupid for posting that where all could see. Myself i'd give the guy the benifit of the doubt and think he wasn't as aware as he should have been.

Now in my opinion and I'd bet others here too,,, you guys are taking this way to far. You might want to think about this.. Someday you might mess or piss off a customer and have it posted here. Go back and look at all your post(I know it will take awhile but do it) and think if it were me how would I feel and how would those who don't really know me from ??? think about this. Much less the pile on of those here who think you've gone to far on this subject.They say what comes around goes around...

The guy screwed up he fessed up(though it took a while) and it seems like your heading for questions like the ones I opened this post with. You people spend way way way to much time on this !!!!

Now why don't you guys go bug some of these folks who have no idea what customer service is, they need a few stones tossed at them.

Just My obsevation....Randy

Old 01-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #50
Ophis
The fat lady

I think it was Racist boy, not Pete who was the one who blew this thread wide open by letting the cat out of the bag with his "The Sidewinder looks great" (woopsie!) comment. Anyone who reads the thread can find out what followed. I think the dead horse has been beaten to a pulp now and its time for the fat lady to sing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!