Connecticut state law issues - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Baker27
Ct laws on Eastern box turtles

I'm looking for info on getting a permit to keep a box turtle in Ct. Has anyone done this and what is the process? DEEP has not returned any of my embolus or calls and wanted to know if it's difficult to get a permit. I am approved to adopt an injured/ rehabbed boxie but rescue can't not move forward until I get a permit. Any info would be appreciated

Old 12-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
Herps Alive!
DEEP is notorious for not returning calls/e-mails. I actually had a them ignore a certified letter regarding importation for educational purposes. That was after 6 e-mails and 6 phone calls. Good luck and let us know if you hear from a human being.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
Neidhardt
FYI: Here's a list of illegal non-native reptiles pulled directly from the DEEP document:

A member within the Order Crocodilia

A member within the Family Elapidae

A member within the Family Viperidae

North & South African Python (P. sebae and natalensis), Reticulated Python, Amethystine Python

Green Anaconda, Yellow Anaconda, Bolivian Anaconda

A member within the genera Boiga, Thelotornis, Enhydris, Dispholidus, Clelia, Rhabdophis, Hydrodynastes, Philodryas or Malpolon

A member within the family Helodermatidae

Nile monitor, Water Monitor, Black Throat Monitor, White Throat Monitor, Crocodile Monitors and Komodo Dragons

Old 01-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #14
Herps Alive!
Thanks. But do they issue permits for temporary educational importation. Their website says that permit exists, but there is no info on how to acquire or apply for it.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #15
Neidhardt
You should email Elaine Lynch, I think that's her name. I got her information from this thread and she emailed me within 24 hours.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #16
Herps Alive!
Great! I e-mailed a general link. Can you PM me her direct e-mail if you don't want to post it here. Thanks!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #17
Neidhardt
I literally pulled the information directly from post #9 on page one of this thread.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #18
Baker27
Thanks for the info! I think the woman that I talk to was Elaine. She was a state biologist. She was very nice and had a lot of info. It's case by case to obtain a permit and has to go through the DEEP commissioner. I spoke to her a month ago and she told me it could take anywhere from 1-3 months for them to get back to me. I will let you know when I get an answer. Thanks Sue

Old 09-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #19
Rvargas85
Hello All,
I am looking for information about venomous reptiles in Connecticut. Is there a way to keep them legally in CT? Is there a permit or license that I can apply for? I've been looking on CT.gov and haven't been able to find any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
RV

Old 09-29-2015, 07:06 PM   #20
SMCAPATRICK@COMCAST.NET
Hi Roberto,

The only way to keep hots in Ct is to be a research facility or education organization,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!