Bad Guy Francesco Munoz of MOC Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:01 PM   #41
Kodyr113
I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:29 PM   #42
Prognathodon
Looking back at the screenshots, the seller gave his PayPal e-mail at 10:14, and then you at 13:14 you asked a further question about payment, with a follow-up comment at 13:38. That’s three hours in which you didn’t send any payment. And then the seller said the animals were sold at 14:09, which pushes it to almost four hours after you had the information necessary to send some kind of payment.

If you really wanted the animals you could have sent the full amount or a significant deposit as soon as you got the PayPal information, with a note that what it was for and that you’d pay the balance/shipping as soon as you got the final total. Presumably that’s what somebody else did in that time period. “I’m interested” doesn’t equate to “please hold this for me” in my book. You need to be absolutely, explicitly clear; Words are good, dollars are better.

Where reptiles are concerned I’m strictly a customer, not a breeder, but I do have a business selling craft-ish items. I cannot count the number of times at shows I thought this person was going to buy that item, but at the end of the day they go home without it because they never came back, or somebody else bought it first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Old 11-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #43
MikeCurtin
It seems the deal was in process. Many sellers I know would have had the courtesy to let an apparently serious buyer know that there was other interest, especially when asked about deposit/deadline.

Not saying the seller was wrong, but I can understand Kody's sentiment.

Kody, thank you for remaining so level headed and professional in the face of differing opinions....it is rare in this day and age and is appreciated.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #44
tlmoon
I would be annoyed and frustrated by the experience you had, although I don't think it makes the seller a bad guy. Many sellers/businesses have more than one person working sales and I'm sure they get inquiries and questions all day. Think of it this way - if you were at an expo and told a seller you were really interested but needed to think on it and come back later, and in the meantime someone walked up cash in hand, would you really expect the seller to wait for you instead?

Given your definite interest, it would have been nice and good customer service to let you know as time went by that someone else was interested. HOWEVER, the seller may not even have known that at the time that he was texting you. Someone could have literally swooped in and sent the money and the deal was done.

I can understand them deleting a negative review since you really did not complete a transaction. Sure, you have the right to leave a review, and on their own site they have a right to delete it if they don't think it's valid. I know you are frustrated but I think you have to kind of see it from their point of view.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #45
AndyUltimateReptiles
Not trying to beat a dead horse but I sell animals for a living. I have had people lash out at me and berate me because they were inquiring about animals but never said "I will take them, let's arrange payment," and the animals sold to someone else. I get a ton of inquiries daily, and I can't tell who is going to commit and who is going to ask for more pictures over the coming days, who is going to ask for a payment plan, and who is just going to buy them outright. I've learned that if I want something personally, the best thing to say is "I want the animals. I will take them. Can we please arrange payment." Then there is a concrete commitment. I've gone as far as saying "I want them. I have the cash but need to transfer money. Will you give me until 9 pm to make payment please." It gives the seller an idea of what you are thinking. I had 4 people last week tell me they would call and pay for higher end animals too, and they never did. My official policy is unless there is an agreement or payment, there is no holding. It's not a good feeling missing out on something. Others will come along though.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:02 AM   #46
T Rex
Kody please understand this is the way it is. You have been presented with lots of reasons why it has to be the way it is. Everyone understands how you feel and most of use have had it happen to them as well. But I do want to tell you something that I hope makes sense. IF YOU ARE SMART IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN!!! In this industry of so many animals, so many Traits, Morphs, so any breeders, so many Sellers and yes unfortunately so many scammers, It is wise to take you time doing your do diligence before making a decision. This time you where asking a bunch of questions that next time you know already. But funny enough as you become more educated, your questions next time will just be different, but you will still be wise to ask them. If you lose a sale because of it then so be it. You have to tell yourself it wasn't meant to be, and know that it is much better than rushing to make a purchase. If you don't know what I mean then spend a couple of nights reading the BOI. It is loaded full of people that rushed to purchase and wish they wouldn't have. We can tell your a good guy. Sometimes business doesn't seem fair, but it is what it is. Do yourself a big favor and gain years of free knowledge by reading the BOI. Learn from others mistakes. You will be glad you did. Learn who you can trust and build relationships.

Also, in todays world most all internal reviews on their own website are skewed. Its like all the BS advertising. "We are the best" "Voted #1" "Award Winning" Bla bla bla

You seem smart and well represented. Do yourself a favor...... take a deep breath.... relax... and start educating yourself. (read the BOI) My guess is your going to be successful and an asset to our community. Good Luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
uroplatus