Looky What I Found! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
Tears_and_Fangs
Looky What I Found!

Well Today, I was doing my usual routine "Snake Hunting" when I reached the creek behind my granny's house. So I decided to go up to it and scan the water for frogs, when I seen something that caught my eye. I didn't think anything about it at first...just looked like a leaf with a stick sticking out from under it. Anyways, I decided to see what it was for myself, I took a stick and raked it to the surface to discover it was.....A baby alligator snapper.

Heres some pics I took of him:

Old 08-28-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
Tears_and_Fangs
Sorry...heres the other pic.

I was also going to say, I have him up f/s or trade...

Here's the thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...1&cat=4&page=1

Old 08-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
Tears_and_Fangs
GAH...same pic sorry...

Old 08-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
Buslady
LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!!!!! you are wrong to remove the baby from his home!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
hill4803
I agree...take it back where you got him and release it. The carpace doesn't look to be 4", so selling it for purposes of anything but educational is illegal.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
Vince
would make a cool pet but you should just bring him back.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:56 AM   #7
Tears_and_Fangs
I don't want to seem like a bad person here...really I don't, so you guys have to look at this situation I'm in....

See, he was in my granny's creek...he does NOT belong there, I don't see where he came from...But anyways, if one of my family members found him they would of killed him!! They kill them for eating the fish. =<

So, I was just trying to do the right thing, by trying to find him a new home to go to. I appologize If I offended anyone, but I think you for your concern. =D

Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #8
Wilomn
If it's legal for you to collect and sell him then you're doing just fine trying to find him a new home by selling him.

If it's NOT legal for you to collect or sell turtles, whether limits are set by size or species, then you should just take him off your granny's property and try to find him a good safe place to live.

Good luck.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:50 PM   #9
DragonCharm
A friend of mine just released an entire clutch of babies near his home, pics here: http://aquaticpredators.com/forums/i...howtopic=19445

He saved the eggs from a field that was being plowed and incubated at home, he released them a few days after they hatched.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #10
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears_and_Fangs
But anyways, if one of my family members found him they would of killed him!! They kill them for eating the fish. =<
I really can't stand ignorant people. Especially people who kill turtles because they eat fish. If the turtles really had a negative effect on the fish population, then there would be no fish. Right???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!