Seeing red - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #11
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
The male is a Kingsville, I believe the parents were directly from John Ginter. (Jim can confirm/deny that when he gets here).
The female - well, to be honest, I thought I had inquired, but I can't even find an email indicating I did...so I sent one off. I will include that info here as soon as I find out for sure. I purchased her from Don Soderberg.

Harald...Yes, he would be from Ginter stock.

Thanks Again ....ENJOY

Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #12
hhmoore
Thanks, Jim.

KJ - Don says that he was told it is a cross between the two. He got a kick out of the fact that you were asking about it, since you "own these snakes", lol.
Thanks again for all your help.

**Don sent me another email - she's pure Crumbly**

Old 03-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #13
KJUN
Quote:
**Don sent me another email - she's pure Crumbly**
Yep. Don was a little confused. The founders are both out of Crumbly's original pair. He knows I have both lines, so I think I confused him for a while......and currently own NO Crumbly x Ginter crosses. I've had them before, and they were less than exciting. I'm going to try again SOON with MUCH better parental stock this time around.

Enjoy them!
KJ

Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #14
hhmoore
What is an "improved Crumbly"?
I think I saw it on your website, but I forgot...and there might be some other people wondering.
(I'm asking for them, as I am on my way to your website to check )

Old 03-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #15
Mooing Tricycle
okay, since i havent a clue as to what "line" my Hypo boy is, maybe you guys could hazard a guess.

I was thinking stillwater personally... But, im not real sure.

Either way, whatever he is, or a mutt, I love to gloat about him, hes just such a pretty snake!!

http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/pic/0008chrt
http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/pic/0008d1sk
http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/pic/000ck82q

Old 03-15-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
KJUN
Quote:
What is an "improved Crumbly"?
Some wholesalers sell "Crumbly" reds for $50/each that may be from the Crumbly (if only in part), but they are CERTAINLY not red as adults. Most of my breeders look in the neighborhood of those ones on my website. I got tired of trying to politely explain to beginners why mine are more than those $50 ones being sold by some wholesale buyers/resellers. PLUS, Crumbly only bred those adult red bulls for a few years. He put together an awesome pair (one of the best lines originated from that pair!), bred them, and sold them down the road. He never really selectively improved upon his line beyond the original acquisitions. We acquired some of Crumbly's best, and I have tried keeping the best for breeding for a couple of generations now.

I'm not sure "Crumbly" is the best name to describe this line any more, but is IS one people recognize. That pleases me. I have just been toying with WHAT to call them...and I have probably less than a year to decide before I have to put something in print.....lol. I probably won't stick with "Improved Reds," but I doubt I'll just group them with the same old Crumbly reds by not noting the differences.

If you could ID which ones would turn out red as neonates, some "tag" like this would be unnecessary.

KJ

Old 03-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #17
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I was thinking stillwater personally... But, im not real sure.

Either way, whatever he is, or a mutt, I love to gloat about him, hes just such a pretty snake!!
I'd call that a regular/Colorado Hypo. ...pretty sure it isn't a Stillwater.

THAT look in a bullsnake is why I like the original hypos better than Stillwater Hypos (my personal opinion)....and why I breed regular hypos, but I haven't bothered to devote cage space to a Stillwater in YEARS. I may in ~2 years, but that's another little story....

Whatever it is, it is a GOOD looking snake. Congrats.
KJ

Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN
I'd call that a regular/Colorado Hypo. ...pretty sure it isn't a Stillwater.

THAT look in a bullsnake is why I like the original hypos better than Stillwater Hypos (my personal opinion)....and why I breed regular hypos, but I haven't bothered to devote cage space to a Stillwater in YEARS. I may in ~2 years, but that's another little story....

Whatever it is, it is a GOOD looking snake. Congrats.
KJ

Alright Cool I really appreciate the info!

Thanks for the compliments too! Now... i dont want to steal haralds thread! But do keep posting lovely pictures! I truly dont know why MORE people dont keep these snakes! they are AWESOME!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I truly dont know why MORE people dont keep these snakes!
...because not everyone can be perfect!

Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #20
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN
...because not everyone can be perfect!

LOL!! Too true! too true!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!