Good luck to everyone - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
SPJ
Good luck to everyone

I am leaving the biz and selling everything. Thanks to everyone who has bought from me in the past, sold to me, and just had nice things to say.
I really appreciate it.

I am just soooo frustrated with nasty emails from people who never dealt with me and mean comments left on my ads and people who misrepresent animals I buy from them that I have decided enough is enough.

I wish everyone the best and there are a lot of nice people here to deal with but unfortunately the undesirables have just gotten too widespread for me.

I may pop in once in a while but no more online sales or purchases anymore.

Take care.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:12 AM   #2
ms_terese
Steve??? What the hell??

I admit to not being the brightest light in the harbor, but I didn't know you were having issues with nastiness. Is there someone you want me to go kick in the butt?

I'm very sorry to hear this...you're a good guy in the industry, and there are nearly enough people of your caliber. I hope this is a well thought out decision and not a knee-jerk reaction. Have you slept on this decision for a few days?

If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 AM   #3
Cat_72
Oh no Steve.....please don't make any hasty decisions....I KNOW people can be a real pain in the butt sometimes, but you can't let em get to you!! Don't let them drive you away from a hobby you truly love....

If you are certain this is really what you want to do....I wish you luck as well....but if I were you, I'd send Terese in to kick some butt first.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #4
Lucille
Steve,
What she said.

Don't allow other people to hold that kind of power over you. There are MANY nice people in the biz, they are the mostly SILENT majority.

Here's my offer and I'm stickin' to it:

Come kick back and chill in the Welcome Club. Refuel, relax. Avoid the jerks of the biz and just have a good time.

THEN see how you feel. Give it 30 days. After all, you awreddy got 3 good women on your side.

Deal?

Old 10-25-2005, 11:52 AM   #5
Junkyard
Steve, you have been around too long to just drop it all. Sure there are jerks out there, but you have more people on your side than you think.

Forward all those e-mails to me, I would be more than happy to respond. They have never done business with you, so they have also never done business with me, I have no problem replying to them.

If you do leave, good luck in your new ventures. That is a big IF. LOL

I am serious about those who do not know you and e-mail you crap. I will reply.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
SPJ
Quote:
you have been around too long
Exactly why I am tired of the whole thing.
Quote:
don't make any hasty decisions
Not hasty. I have thought a lot about this.
Quote:
I didn't know you were having issues with nastiness
I'm sick of the emails telling me I am trying to rip people off and my animals are worthless even though their opinions are worthless. The last straw was the normal male I got sent when I bought a pastel female.
Quote:
good luck in your new ventures
I'll still pop in once and a while but no more online deals.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
Junkyard
Are you still doing shows or private person to person sales?

With you love for reptiles, you do not need to leave here. You have a lot of valuable knowledge to share. Though you have spiked my curiosity on the non pastel you just received. Are you willing to share the story?

Old 10-25-2005, 01:35 PM   #8
shrap
Steve,

We need to see people like you stick around, not the people who would ship a Normal instead of a Pastel. I know this biz is full of scoundrels and rip offs, it would be a shame to see them drive an honest man out of the hobby.

If it has really gotten to the point that you no longer enjoy working with animals then by all means leave, but don't do it because of people.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #9
pch101
I have to say, I hate to see Steve go, but I do understand where he is coming from, as I am getting close to that point as well. I did not get into this to have my life threatened, or to be lied to and/or ripped off. It just gets very old very fast. Steve, I will say this; give it some thought before you hang it up. Either way, I wish you the best of luck. I have never done a deal with you, and I still think you are a good guy!

Old 10-25-2005, 02:12 PM   #10
SPJ
Quote:
you have spiked my curiosity on the non pastel you just received.
You can read about some of it here. I am now trying to sell it for $100 to get back some of the cash I lost.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=72541

Quote:
lied to and/or ripped off.
That gets old FAST.

Quote:
Are you still doing shows or private person to person sales?
No more shows. Some of the vendors there are WORSE than the con artists. Especially one "big name" breeder who felt the need to kick my boxes because they were in the aisle and in his way when I was setting up.

Private sales only with what I have left.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!