What's up with the crazy prices on diamondback Terrapins? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
Invaderg37
What's up with the crazy prices on diamondback Terrapins?

Last year I was able to get hatchlings for only $30 each on kingsnake and they ended up being two females so larger than I wanted so I come on here to look for some and people are asking $175 for regular ones and I've seen some ornate asking for $600! Is there something with Diamondbacks happen within the last year that make them so expensive all of a sudden?

Old 07-18-2016, 04:35 AM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
There was an uptick in foreign demand. The ornate/macrospilota prices can range far higher.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:03 AM   #3
Mac's Morphs
Normal baby northern and concentric babies are the cheapest of the diamondbacks. They range from $20- $100 for babies but as they get bigger and older go up in price like with most reptiles. The other sub species of diamondback are $150- $1000, with ornate usually being $500- $1000 depending on colors. It's been those prices for at least 2 or 3 years

Old 07-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #4
Invaderg37
Thanks for the info. I figured out the northern and ornate deal, but then this breeder was selling hatchlings without specifying what they were until I asked and told me she had Mississippi and Texas DBT. $125 for Mississippi and $200 for Texas. So that is when I made this post because that really confused me because based on the pictures those prices seemed outrageous to me.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #5
demian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invaderg37 View Post
Thanks for the info. I figured out the northern and ornate deal, but then this breeder was selling hatchlings without specifying what they were until I asked and told me she had Mississippi and Texas DBT. $125 for Mississippi and $200 for Texas. So that is when I made this post because that really confused me because based on the pictures those prices seemed outrageous to me.

Who's the breeder? Been wanting to get a Texas DBT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
Invaderg37
I don't remember now but she had the ad up on here for only 2 days and then it was deleted

Old 08-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #7
Invaderg37
Got lucky and the same breeder I bought some from in 2014 had another batch and I was able to get another Northern and Concentric for $150 shipped. He had the Northerns 10 for $275, but the ad disappeared after 1 day. Glad I got my 2 before someone nabbed them all. Now just hope I end up with 1 male out of the 2.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!