New York state law issues - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 08-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #131
DLenaRuth999s
Keep in mind that NYS and NYC are not the same at all. NY City disallows many animals that the State as a whole allows. (As well as firearms, I might add)

Old 09-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #132
SoGRUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
Keep in mind that NYS and NYC are not the same at all. NY City disallows many animals that the State as a whole allows. (As well as firearms, I might add)
I found this out while doing research on Baron’s Racers, I was flipping through through the Environmental Conservation Law and looking to see if it was legal to keep Baron’s Racers (ie wasn’t on the list of species ) and it wasn’t (so I’m assuming you can, however I emailed the DEC just to check), however the Mussurana was and at the White Plains Show that was 2 years back there was a piedbald pair of them for sale and I was confused as to why.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:06 PM   #133
snakesareawesome
The people who make the laws generally have no idea what they are doing lol

Old 11-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #134
britakridge
I read through this thread. Total shame what’s happened in NY. It happens that a I am about to move there for work and I plan to take my pets with me. I’ve got some old world rats, a couple corns, and a ball python. Everything but the python seems to be okay to keep.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to get a permit for a single animal without having it grandfathered in? I don’t want to fly under the radar and risk having my other reptiles taken away. I can’t get a clear read on what the exact penalties even are.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #135
DLenaRuth999s
If you are moving to NY City, I don’t believe you can keep the beep. Anywhere else in NY State, you are fine.

Old 02-21-2021, 05:48 PM   #136
bcr229
NY bill A04611 - Ban on Shipping Reptiles, Birds, Amphibians, Mammals

Even if you are not in NY this will affect you if sell and ship, as you will not be able to legally use FedEx to ship critters into NY state if this passes.

https://sign.moveon.org/petitions/sh...ny-bill-a04611

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!