First attempt female F. pardalis enclosure. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
HiddenHerps
First attempt female F. pardalis enclosure.

This is my humble attempt at building my own cage for a chameleon. I am an old hand at terrarium building but have never taken on the specific requirements chameleons need. I will be adding 2 more plants to the bottom. A cotton and anthurium. The lighting is a dual dome zoo med with basking and ceramic bulbs for day/ night paired with a reptisun 5.0 bulb for uvb.

Any suggestions on misting method would be appreciated. I hand mist my frogs twice daily but am unsure if that will be enough without a drip or automated mister
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
HiddenHerps
Dimensions are 18x18x36 with 12" legs

Old 10-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
HiddenHerps
Croton not cotton...dang you autocorrect!

Old 01-02-2019, 02:17 AM   #4
tlm10717
Hi there! I have a few suggestions that are vital to your girl's health! I mean this to help you, hope I don't sound harsh!
1. I urge you to upgrade your lighting to a linear t5 fixture - tbh this is absolutely essential. Arcadia 6% or Reptisun t5 5.0 bulbs would be what you'll need for the fixture. I don't use domes at all, and have rehabbed so many MBD cases that were caused by coil UVB. Domes can be used for your basking bulb, but that's about it unfortunately!
2. Chameleons do not need anyyyyy light or heat source at night. Temp drops are important for them to properly digest food and accomplish other vital functions as they sleep.
3. Supplements are vital for female chams. For regular feedings (if you upgrade your lighting), use a plain calcium supplement WITHOUT d3. Twice a month (on the first and the fifteenth of every month) give a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite with d3 or Repashy LoD. I know you didn't ask but I just wanted to make sure I told ya just incase!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!