Picking up a Venomous shipment at the Airport - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:00 AM   #1
Stephenson8011
Picking up a Venomous shipment at the Airport

This may have already been asked at some point but I can’t find it anywhere:

How does picking up a Venomous snake at the airport work?

I live in Nevada where you can only have what’s indigenous to the state but you can only import “morph” forms of the indigenous species. I have had quite a few hots when I lived in Virginia but I always just got them at Hamburg so I have never shipped any.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks

Old 05-09-2018, 01:07 AM   #2
Insomniac101
It depends on the airport. I've picked up at Detroit, and Flint, Michigan.

At Detroit, I had to go to the Delta cargo terminal. It's a huge, chaotic airport, and took me a few minutes to find the building.

At Flint Bishop, I just walked up to the Delta ticket counter, and they had the box in the back room. It's a much smaller airport, and a few eyebrows were raised by the clerks!

It's really no big deal - just have your ID, and payment for the shipment. I don't know what's up with that, but I paid for the shipping on my last two orders when I picked them up.

I hope that answered your question!

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!