Inquiry Guillermo Riddle - Account: santiagoriddle - mexican species - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
Robert Walker
Guillermo Riddle - Account: santiagoriddle - mexican species

Does anyone personally know this individual?
Name listed: Guillermo Riddle
Account: santiagoriddle
Email listed: santiagoriddle@hotmail.com

Name listed elsewhere as: Santiago Guillermo Riddle Rodriguez
Selling:
1. Mexican box turtles = 1.1 $2,000
2. Yucatán box turtles = 8.8 $13,000
Anyone know the legal status of acquiring/selling these in the USA?

Claims to be from El Paso, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiagoriddle View Post
Yes I do live in El Paso Texas and I bought these from a friend Rene Trejo
Elsewhere on the web, during the same time frame, claims to be from Eagle Pass, Texas 500 miles away from El Paso.

In addition, not a single IP from this person comes from Texas.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Don't hesitate to step in and share more about yourself...
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
Bone Daddy
Mexican Box

I've been wondering where these specimens were coming from as well. Brownsville Zoo in TX used to have a surplus of CB T. mexicana.

Old 11-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
elena
Guillermo, can you produce any evidence that these animals were collected and exported legally, or that they are captive bred from legal parents?

Old 11-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Will0W783
Just a note on the IP address thing: I use a VPN called IPVanish, and it causes my perceived IP address to bounce around if I'm on my cell phone, making it look like I am not where I actually am. I think most VPNs function this way, so I wouldn't take IP addresses as the only proof needed to decide whether or not to deal with someone.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
I use a VPN called IPVanish, and it causes my perceived IP address to bounce around
You can tell when IP spoofing products are being used, that is not the case here.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:30 PM   #7
Will0W783
Ah ok. I had no idea that there was a way to tell if someone was using a VPN/IP spoof.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:54 PM   #8
Robert Walker
FYI: Account (santiagoriddle) was unable to produce a valid Texas ID despite promising to do so. As a result of this and various other factors, said account is now 'Banned'.

Selling native Mexican & Yucatan box turtles with a Texas profile.
You can put the rest of the dots together at this point and figure out where all of his IPs were really coming from.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #9
Robert Walker
He is consistently lingering around, trying to use his banned account. He still has our email if he wanted to produce a valid ID, alas, he doesn't.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2018, 09:50 PM   #10
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
1. Mexican box turtles = 1.1 $2,000
2. Yucatán box turtles = 8.8 $13,000
Anyone know the legal status of acquiring/selling these in the USA?

This probably won't answer your question. But here's what I found.

Yucatan Box Turtle Distribution

The Yucatan Box Turtle is an endemic species, meaning that the entire known species is isolated to a single area. The only known location of the Yucatan Box Turtle is the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, for which the turtle is named after. It is the southernmost subspecies of box turtle and is heavily isolated from the other subspecies; more so than any other type of box turtle. When first discovered, it was even believed not to be a subspecies but an independent species of its own.
Acquiring one in the United States is almost impossible. There are only a few examples of Yucatan Box Turtles being kept in captivity in America. Few studies have been done and little information is available; but the locals of Yucatan believe that the turtle’s population may be dwindling.

In addition to what he was trying to sell the turtles here for, I found that they sell for 10K USD plus per pair in japan, and there is some question as to the legality of the species there, and questions being asked if by chance they were smuggled. Now that's not to say that would be a legal situation here.

There's not much out there about this specie.

Good Luck Robert!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!