Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #171
hboyles66
WOW! What a piece of work Ashley has become. 200ish boas that could possibly have IBD and no care for might happen. This disgust me.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #172
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
WOW! What a piece of work Ashley has become. 200ish boas that could possibly have IBD and no care for might happen. This disgust me.
Yes... Two HUNDRED animals in 2 years???

Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #173
Elizabethlea27
I wonder how she 'knows' that none of those 200ish (that had contact with hers, not just her own snakes..) have had any IBD symptoms or died.. Does she phone people to check in? Email? I mean really!

Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 AM   #174
Adrya
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
Yes... Two HUNDRED animals in 2 years???
That shows she's completely selfish and careless. There's NO WAY any kind of stringent quarantine goes on with that many animals moving in and out of her household.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #175
sally-dog
I'm hoping that number isn't a typo? However, we all know she's got more than 20 snakes, so somehow that leads me to think that there isn't an extra zero accidentally tacked on there.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:36 AM   #176
hboyles66
All I can say is RIDICULOUS!!!! Ashley has said she prides herself of her proper quarantine and care of snakes but with a turnover rate like that it is not possible. I hope any who wishes to deal with Ashley or Casper Constrictors will read these post and Take it asll into consideration before buying from a careless breeder. I also saw on her website that she has enetered into a partnership with another breeder who has sent their snakes to her. S+Do you think she has told them of the IBD situation? I am willing to bet she hasn't and if she did it was after she got the snakes to her house. I hope the herpers of Texas will see this thread and help to prevent her from shows until she proves she is taking care of buisness the proper way.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 AM   #177
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
All I can say is RIDICULOUS!!!! Ashley has said she prides herself of her proper quarantine and care of snakes but with a turnover rate like that it is not possible. I hope any who wishes to deal with Ashley or Casper Constrictors will read these post and Take it asll into consideration before buying from a careless breeder. I also saw on her website that she has enetered into a partnership with another breeder who has sent their snakes to her. S+Do you think she has told them of the IBD situation? I am willing to bet she hasn't and if she did it was after she got the snakes to her house. I hope the herpers of Texas will see this thread and help to prevent her from shows until she proves she is taking care of buisness the proper way.
I don't know and that person has to come forward.

Honestly, I am merely a spectator to this whole charade. However, I just can't keep my mouth shut when she could possibly be infecting people's collections, and have seen her history with animals as posted on a certain forum over the past 2 years.

I got my first boa in '08 and have a total of 7 boas and pythons, but those took me 2 years to acquire and acclimate. I still have animals separated off.

This should be a lesson to anyone who wants to get started in this hobby/business, if anything at all comes of this. These are animals, and animals take time to raise, or at least that has been my experience. If you don't dedicate the necessary time and resources to your animals (in this case, quarantine and testing) and end up selling them when you may or may not (notice that I keep saying may NOT), you might end up in hot water like this. There are too many variables in this case alone to be able to sift through where it might have began and where it might end.

We all make mistakes, it's how you deal with them that counts.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #178
sally-dog
Quote:
"and end up selling them when you may or may not (notice that I keep saying may NOT) have a virus"
in your collection".... it should say.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:10 AM   #179
sally-dog
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...148034&page=13

Read from post #123 on down. We're not the first people questioning this. This should have stopped LAST YEAR!

Old 12-12-2010, 04:46 AM   #180
amercnwmn
THE FACTS ARE

1)A BCL died of IBD Nov 09
(at least according to her statements online, and a vet report)

2) Ashley continued to sell snakes regardless.. even DURING the time she was accusing the BCL seller of selling an "IBD infected" snake (Jan 10)

3)Felt confident enough in the vet to accuse the BCL seller publicly, demand restitution and threaten with a lawsuit (Jan 10)

4) ONLY when questioned about WHY she was selling snakes despite an IBD+ test, did she start to doubt the report & a 2nd vet (who was unrelated to the exam) allegedly discounted the IBD findings (Jan-Feb 10)

5)Photo proof exists showing lax quarantine (from 2009-present)

6)Post proof exists showing dates snakes were acquired (2008-present)

7) Post proof exists showing presence of mites (2008-2009)

I have NO vested interest in Ashley's snakes one way or the other.

I have seen several people lose large amounts of snakes to people who breed & sell, despite the fact they have PROOF of a less-than-healthy collection.
I don't think it's right, and would call out anyone else under the same circumstances.

If that snake DID die of IBD and those tests were right: it's already been established there was poor QT & mites present in the collection, which increases the chances of IBD spreading. Hence the need for the notification, and the need for people to be aware so they can procure their OWN tests.

IMO when a seller doesn't do the right, responsible thing, it's up to the "watchdogs" to point it out to protect others from their potentially devastating and reckless actions.
Guess that makes me a "mean girl"

Elizabeth, I know that took a lot for you to share your PM, thank you.

Ashley's ENTIRE PM was BS.

1) She had 3 deaths since the IBD in the past year. THAT, to me, indicates a potential problem.
Especially since it's been established that negative tests DON'T mean they don't have IBD.

2)The BCA was NOT separate as showed in the video & photos

3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakara
Fairly confident there's no issue
Geee that's reassuring. Especially since you've been so diligent with your "research" thus far.

4)Adrya hasn't had 6 snakes "or more" She had 4 DIE and ONE OF THOSE showed IBD. She voluntarily put the other 2 down.
According to YOU, you've had 1 snake die showing IBD and lost 3 others..

5) I haven't seen ANYTHING that POSSIBLY goes against the presence of IBD.
"Toxicology" tests is what you keep referring to..but PATHOLOGY would be the tests required, and negatives after a positive don't mean anything. The collection should have been LOCKED DOWN.

Unless we are referring to your "All my Pythons would already be dead" theory, which has been shot to heck by a DVM studying the disease.

6)Yep, even with biopsies I will BITCH and COMPLAIN, because:
a)you sold snakes WHILE accusing someone of selling you an IBD infected snake
b)you continued to sell snakes despite the report
c)you LIED about your QT & presence of mites in your collection
d) you misrepresented the health of your collection and your experience and care regarding your animal
e) Even now continue on with "business as usual"
f) lie about ads being removed, when your website and several ads are still up and running

Incidentally I LOVE this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakara
And I'm pretty damn sure after over a year, at least ONE of the 200ish animals that have been in room contact with my animals would have died
That proves my point about misrepresenting yourself.
You've claimed all the while to have STRICT quarantine.
It's proven you haven't.

I only hope, for YOUR sake, the owners of said 200 animals don't wind up with any IBD

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd