Good Guy Star Schaffer Suriname Boa babies! NC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Peaks, Color, Tail, or whole package? Suriname
Peaks 1 12.50%
Color 1 12.50%
Tail 2 25.00%
Whole package 6 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
loosescrew
Talking Star Schaffer Suriname Boa babies! NC

Ok. This is my first post on here, and I don't know the protocol for posting feedback on breeders, but I'll give it a shot.

Star Schaffer (weird_science04- I believe on redtailboa.net, & redtailboas.com) -has the finest Suriname clutch I've ever seen! Every baby has the whole package-in it's own way! Wow Star! Alice is my pride & joy! She is one of those animals that Everyone on the forums will know! That tail is worth a $million!

I got into Surinamese Boas about 9 months ago. I happened across an F2 Tudehope line aberrant female from a breeder in Florida that I won't mention because, even though I got a smoking deal on a magnificent baby Suri, I realize now that I don't have much pleasant to say about the buying experience. After a few months of drooling over my new gorgeous True Redtail, I wanted more! I spent most of my time on redtailboa.net, chatting with Gus Rentfro, Jonathon Brady, Tom McCarthy. In one of my threads, Tom mentioned that he had some BCAs, and I was considering getting a pair, and waiting on a Rio Bravo, FL Redtails, Legacy, etc Suri pair.

Here's the awesome part!: Star Schaffer- who I now consider a good friend, and respect her devotion to the quality & health of ALL of her 38-39 boas, sent me a message about the clutch of Bob Futo lined Suris that she had not planned on advertising until March or April. She was under the impression that Tom was trying to sell me Amarilis, and I- being green at the time, thought they were BCC. Even though she didn't realize that I knew, I think that was a true sign of character on Star's part. Now, I have someone I can trust completely, rely on for help if problems arise, and take a short drive east on 40 & add another stunning Boa to my collection

For 2 months almost we were in contact, while I was spending 20 hours a/day learning Suri husbandry and changing my mind about which babies I wanted. The whole time Star indulged me, sent picture after picture of these babies that I believe are the most stunningly beautiful and healthy Boa Constrictors ever produced! After teetering back and forth, I picked my pair-by picture, and asked her please to hold them, as I have alot of $ I can't access at the moment, but couldn't stand the thought of losing these 2 babies.

Well, Star happily told me to not worry, 9 & 6 were mine. I got enough for the female a few weeks ago, and off to Dunn, NC we headed. Star spent hours showing my fiance, grumpy 2 y/old daughter & myself, stunning Boa after Boa! Her husband Chris was just like Star- treated us like family! We hated to leave, even though we had an abnormally tame& gorgeous Brazilian Rainbow for my fiance, and imho- the most stunning Suriname Boa in captivity!

I'm still working on budgeting my male(#6), but words or pictures cannot display the perfection of both of these beautiful animals! My girl- Alice(#9) has the most wicked tail I've ever seen on a Boa! Looks like a stinger stripe! She has settled in, eaten twice and spends most of her time exploring her tub and perching on her branches. I know Sixx(#6) will do the same.

I can't express the beauty and quality of this clutch! I am so eager to get my male home!- about another month

If you want A Suriname Redtail Boa that will draw a crowd, be your favorite pet, and want to deal with a truly kind, fair and giving breeder _Star Schaffer has the whole package! World Class animals, and a joy to do business with! I'm chomping at the bit to get back to her zoo, and bag up my boy!

Thank you Star!!!

Oh, and don't anyone get any ideas about #6! That's my stud!
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
GMTIRRILL
glad you got you wanted as for Star i have not done business with her but i like the quality of the boas you bought

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
JCCS
I've done a trade with Star and consider her a good friend. She takes immaculate care of her collection and I'd do business with her in a second. You found a good one.

Chris Canada-Smith

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
loosescrew
Actually 3 Number 6 male is waiting for payday to come home, and the BRB is a beautiful teddybear! That got my fiance into herping! Her favorite species. . .

I can't say enough about the quality and health of her collection, the clutch, and how enjoyable visiting and chatting with her is! I hope to make many more purchases from her soon. Star- You Rock! I love my Suris& I can't wait to get Sixx home& settled in like big sis! Thank you, Gracias, Danke!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
loosescrew
I believe that Star has mentioned you a few times. Your about 45 miles away. May have to visit if Star&Chris will come over to the good side of the state I was in Asheville(VA hospital) yesterday. How's the weather up there tonight? We're getting ice& sleet down here in the foothills.

What animals are you working with btw? You really gotta see these Suri babies in person! Pictures are an insult to their gleaming beauty and health! Makes my Tudehope look like a Common almost, except for her screaming pink laterals.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
JCCS
So this doesn't get off topic, I'll send you a PM.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
loosescrew
Roger that

Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
weird_science04
Thank you Tim. It has been a pleasure to meet you and to get to know you. I want to say that I did not intentionally try to steal a sale from Tom. Tim made a post showing off his gorgeous Suriname Boa and mentioned that he was in the market for another Suriname. Tom and him got into a pretty indepth discussion about locality boa's and showed some gorgeous BCA's that were seriously hot. I did not know Tim and did not know if he knew anything about localities. So when we started talking, it was about localities. Tim said he really liked the BCA's and might branch out to them but was still in the market for another Suriname and decided to purchase this gorgeous baby from me.

As a result, I have met a wonderful family that not only took one of my favorite Suriname babies but they also live in NC.

Star

Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
loosescrew
Star. You didn't steal a sale away from Tom. I really was considering buying a pair, as I mentioned it was because I really wanted some locality Boas. BCAs where not my 1st choice- 3rd perhaps, but Tom had some Nice babies.
I was going back and forth in my head about waiting for a Suri, or spending what I had on the Amarilis. Truth is, I spent the $ before Star contacted me. Got another Jeep. . . So no, I bailed on Tom- but Star came in and worked payment plans with me, after I spent my savings, and a couple months later, I have my beautiful girl here, but my stud is still not paid for. I apologize Tom if you read this. I should have contacted you when I realized I was getting my Jeep. Star meant nothing but the best. Im the jerk, but I've learned a lesson, and I hope 1 day soon to do business with you. I really respect you, and love your cages!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #10
stangcrazy1
I have recently bought a suriname red tail from Star and the transaction was awesome. Star is a great person whom I now consider a friend. She is very knowledgeable about her boas, offers great advice and help, and help husbandry is spot on. So I had now worries about the quality of my new baby, who is absolutely gorgeous! Will never hesitate to do business with her again!

-Sam

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
breeder, clutch, suriname bcc redtail