Bad Guy Stay away from first choice reptiles!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Sounds like the transaction was recent and there were shipping delays. And what "change in the order" was Ernest supposed to contact the OP about?

Perhaps some readers may think the OP posted prematurely. If I order and pay for 3 animals that are advertised with no health issues honestly disclosed by the seller and I receive only 2 animals, one of which is missing an eye not disclosed by the seller, and one that dies soon after purchase, and am still missing one animal that was advertised and paid for ... well, I might just might post as well. If there is a "change" in my paid-for order, then yeah, somebody better let me know. If my paid-for animal is missing an eye, then yeah, somebody better let me know in advance. It's not like the guy ordered too many animals to count or properly manage or represent!

It's only been a couple days since the OP was advised he would get a refund; I'm sure it is forthcoming.

To the OP ... do you have experience in keeping these species? Were they advertised as WC (as they sound like they may have been)? Where were the ads?
the timeline is crucial in judging whether or not the OP jumped the gun on this post. That's pretty much the definition of jumping the gun.

Not getting the budgetts was likely an oversight unless they were out and shipped the rest of the order anyway (that's something I would have an issue with but that's another story) either way a refund should be forthcoming shortly. The missing eye could have been an oversight but certainly needs to be addressed as does the sick frog.

I am also curious as to the change in order email Nick thought was sent. What was it supposed to say. Nick needs to address this.

Doug, my suggestion is to go back and develop a timeline for all this. We only see one date and no time in all your posted emails. When did you first place your order? when were they supposed to ship (sounds like they delayed a couple of times, When and were reasons given? When did you get the package? When did you contact them about the missing frog? How long after you opened it did you notice the sick frog and the missing eye. When did they reply about the refund etc etc.

It sucks to get a bad order but you need to give people a chance to correct their mistakes. Since you came here asking for advice it would help If you can tell us when (don't need exact times AM, PM will do) everything played out.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
LauraB
Quote:
Sry I should have been more clear in what I was asking
I actually wasn't referring to you, Justin, or anyone else in particular when I stated "some readers may think the OP posted prematurely".

I didn't think you were saying that. Your question was relevant. It's all good

Old 09-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
MuayThaipan
Sorry guys the emails concerning the issues where all sent once the animals where recieved that was 9-6-11. Both the sick Pyxie and the missing frog where mentioned. About 2 hours later the email about the missing eye was sent. I brought up these issues the same day the animals arrived. I also don't know what he ment by change in the order but like I said the other issues where never addressed.
Doug Williams.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!