Star Reptiles(bad Guys) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:19 PM   #21
godsmack000
to zoo_dad

You once thought you were wrong and you weren't mistaken.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:45 PM   #22
Pennebaker
Maybe there was some sort of mixup?

Easy solution:
If the refund check was never cashed, Star Reptiles can put a stop payment on it. Then send another one.

Dana

Old 04-21-2004, 08:19 PM   #23
HerpVenue
Quote:
Perhaps you failed to read within my previous post, but I'll repeat myself for clarity. Sarah of Star Reptiles has indicated that their personal computer is currently out of commission, so it's doubtful that she will be able to reply to this any time soon. That said, I believe without any proof of any type from this kid making a damning allegation against someone with an otherwise spotless record is nothing more than an unfounded spewing by an unhappy child who didn't get his way. The burden of proof is HIS to make, not Ms. Hetland's! It seems from the links to the 2 Reptibid forum threads, this was handled appropriately by the administration at Reptibid as well as by Ms. Hetland. Personally, I consider this posting by godsmack000 as nothing more than hearsay, and totally unwarranted, barring any evidenced proof of inappropriate business practices on the part of Star Reptiles.
What I find interesting is you are asking this "kid" for proof on what he posted.
But yet you are not asking the lady for proof on what she posted on reptibid.

Quote:
You can't post the very revealing links from Reptibid showing just how inappropriate and unwarranted this mouthy minor has been and then come back with the above quote You regarding Star Reptiles.
you got all that fro the reptibid post?
But you never asked her for proof on what she posted?

Quote:
The burden of proof lays with the original poster of this thread to back up the allegations made and NOT for the accused, who has already addressed this quite politely and succinctly within the very links which you previously posted!
here again. This guy has to show proof. But yet she does not?

Quote:
I suggest you ask Daddy to cash the check sent to you by gemisnake aka Star Reptiles, make your apology to Ms. Hetland, and ask that this falsely reported thread be rectified by it's removal or by a clearly defined change to a "Good guy" post as it should have been from the beginning
That is weird.....
You ask the guy for proof that he sent the money.
but here you are not asking her for proof that she sent the refund.

honestly I am going with my gut feeling and believing her.
But if you ask a party for proof.....you should really ask both parties.

Quote:
You're not much of a business person if you have to go to the library to use a computer,
Mark, paul , godsmacked you..... What the heck is that supposed to mean?
Didn't she say her computer was down?

Old 04-21-2004, 08:39 PM   #24
godsmack000

If I wasn't telling the truth then why would I be willing to to file at a small claims court. And godsmack is just a band. It has no real meaning to me about god or anything. This time and age I'm sure that even if her computer is down that she could still get to use on either by neighbor friend or whatever.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:55 PM   #25
HerpVenue
Quote:
This time and age I'm sure that even if her computer is down that she could still get to use on either by neighbor friend or whatever.
neighbor.............she did not use it. I dont use my neighbors computer either.

Friend..............well there are other coputers closer than my friends computer....so I don't know what her excuse would be.

or whatever............personally I would use work or the library.

Woah could it be? she is also using the library like she said?

My point is you are so desparately digging for things.

How many people have you bought from then asked for a refund?
this is not a game you know.
Maybe you should ground yourself and your child from the computer and the reptile world

Old 04-21-2004, 11:53 PM   #26
Zoo_Dad
Quote from Dana:
Quote:
Maybe there was some sort of mixup?

Easy solution:
If the refund check was never cashed, Star Reptiles can put a stop payment on it. Then send another one.
Dana: Why should Star Reptiles be forced to incur yet another expense and inconvenience as a result of this child's error? Last I checked, it's a minimum of $15.00 or more at most banking institutions to place a stop payment on a check. This shouldn't be necessary or expected unless Star Reptiles made an error and I've personally yet to see such an error.

Ritchie Luna: The reason I feel compelled to ask for proof from the accuser of wrong doing is simple, although perhaps not as obvious as I thought. Those who come to this board to make such negative or accusatory claims should be responsible for providing substantiating proof of same, just as in a court of law. Yes, you are correct that in the course of this thread, Star Reptiles, or more specifically Ms. Hetland, should also provide documentation, but only if it is deemed necessary AFTER the accuser gives proof of his/her damning allegation. If Star Reptiles is innocent, as is the inferred assumption that most of us in the good 'ol USA are accustomed to accepting when basing our judgments, then it's imperative for the accuser to "put up or shut up" as it were. I am the person who's been corresponding by telephone with Ms. Hetland and it was I who strongly suggested she scan a copy of the check to appease those who will unfortunately read such erroneous information as this initial thread posting by godsmack000 attempts to impart.

I have utilized this board to check upon numerous businesses or persons over the last several months, and appreciate it's intended purpose. That said, I've also been appalled at the allowance of postings which seek to impugn or destroy reputations with nary a scrap of evidence or proof! As our constitution affords us certain rights, so should a helpful forum such as this! "A person is innocent until proven guilty!" I advised Ms. Hetland to photocopy or scan a facsimile of the refund check and place it on this thread to allow her an opportunity to avoid any potential loss of business or wrongful negative repute, due to a false allegation. Unfortunately, some who've never had any dealings with a person or business come here in hopes of making an objective determination based upon the transactions and word of mouth spread about said person or business, only to discover unfounded and wrongful allegations. Sadly, someone not able or willing to spend the time to navigate through numerous pages of a particular thread or other resources to either prove or disprove a "bad guy" reputation, often only remember the accusation and refrain from conducting any further pursuit of business with such an individual or business. If the allegations are substantiated and are accurate, then it's a win-win for all involved...if on the flip side, it's a malicious and vindictive assault, with absolutely no supportive documentation or proof, it can still leave the innocent accused party with a potential loss of business or likelihood of avoidance by most folks. If an accuser has evidence to support an allegation, then the board serves an immensely important task. However, if any accuser initiates a post and is shown to be a liar, or provides no proof to back up his/her story, it's my feeling that this board should delete the thread and permanently ban the accuser's IP from any further posting! Just my personal opinion!

godsmack000: Please post some evidence or proof to support your story and prove me wrong! I think it strange that you can't decide if you are Paul, Mark, or "Dad"...but you all have shown nothing but false Internet bravado to back up your rather lame story! Just as I admonished Ms. Hetland to provide the board here with some proof to uphold her otherwise unblemished reputation, I feel that you are more obligated to provide us with proof to support your damning accusations! So where's the proof? Scare tactics with threats of small claims are classic signs of one's mouth overloading one's brain, IMHO! And yes, I am sometimes wrong....and man enough to admit openly and humbly when it's so! In this case, I think I am right on the money!

Old 04-22-2004, 10:58 AM   #27
Pennebaker
OK then, if they are willing to lose $50 in small claims court, maybe they are willing to sacrifice $15 for a stop payment fee on a check--Star reptiles can deduct that and send a new amount.

All I meant is that if the refund was not received/cashed and no goods were exchanged, I'm sure there is an easy solution here.

Dana

Old 04-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #28
Pennebaker
Also to ZooDad-- Did you ever go through with your deal with Star Reptiles? If so, how did it go?
Did you get the animals shipped (since that was part of the issue here) or did you pick up (since I see you are in the same state)?

I think part of the reason Ritchie was questioning your posts is that you seem almost emotional (personal) about this particular situation and I believe it is the first thread you have ever participated on here at the BOI and you are in the same state.

You have to understand that there are a lot of new "businesses" out there that have been found to be scammers on reptibid. If no one in the reptile community has heard of Star Reptiles before, we are inclined to feel the need to ask questions when the first report we hear is a bad one. I do not think anyone was making a condeming judgement. In fact, most people in this thread seem to believe her side.

I have never heard of Star Reptiles, but am inclined to believe that there might just be a misunderstanding or a misplaced piece of mail.

Dana

Old 04-22-2004, 01:26 PM   #29
Zoo_Dad
Let me preface this post by making clear that I'm not in any way attacking or personally assaulting ANY individual(s), rather, I'm attempting to prevent yet another in a line of numerous unfounded and unwarranted "rush to judgment" threads. I'm not one to mince words, nor am I generally "politically correct" with my views. I'm straight forward, frank, honest, and yes, opinionated, and I will always "tell it like it is" regardless of any repercussions.

Quote by Dana:
Quote:
OK then, if they are willing to lose $50 in small claims court, maybe they are willing to sacrifice $15 for a stop payment fee on a check--Star reptiles can deduct that and send a new amount.

All I meant is that if the refund was not received/cashed and no goods were exchanged, I'm sure there is an easy solution here.
I think you may be a bit hasty in assuming there will be any small claims action taken unless or until godsmack000 proves some impropriety on the part of Star Reptiles.

Quote:
You have to understand that there are a lot of new "businesses" out there that have been found to be scammers on reptibid. If no one in the reptile community has heard of Star Reptiles before, we are inclined to feel the need to ask questions when the first report we hear is a bad one. I do not think anyone was making a condem(n)ing judgement.

godsmack's posts specifically call Star Reptiles "bad guys" and "rip offs" without a shred of evidence...that to me seems a tad condemning!

I'm far from a newbie to the world of business and I assure you that I'm not at all naive to the perpetuation of fraud or unscrupulous business ethics by dishonest individuals, be they Internet folks or within our society at large. That said, a simple search of 'Star Reptiles' on any search engine will bring you to the web site-(which reflects a history of approximately 4 years): Star Reptiles

As far as my possible deal with Star Reptiles, I've yet to see the photos of the female boa I'm interested in and will make my decision accordingly when that time comes. I live about 4 hours from Star Reptile's geographic locale, so it's questionable as to whether or not I will choose to ship as opposed to picking up, should I opt to purchase this particular animal.

Quote:
I think part of the reason Ritchie was questioning your posts is that you seem almost emotional (personal) about this particular situation and I believe it is the first thread you have ever participated on here at the BOI and you are in the same state.
One of the primary reasons that I seem so emotional about this particular post is due to the preponderance of overwhelming threads here that are unsubstantiated verbal assaults or accusations without basis. I don't personally know Ms. Hetland or her fiancé, but I had had one phone conversation prior to seeing this malicious thread by godsmack000. I have lurked and read information and threads for months, but have declined to post due to numerous reasons of which I won't elaborate. The primary reason that I decided to post my first post here on this thread, was in an effort to preclude yet another in a seeming never ending line of unfounded "witch hunt" type allegations made on this board which lack any foundation or evidence. It may appear as though I've already taken a "side", but with all candor, I assure you that I haven't. I have a knack for judging character often times, and I have a gut feeling on this one, but I would like first to see the so-called proof of the accuser and then, if warranted, that of Star Reptiles.

After the threads from Reptibid forums were reviewed and the outcome posted, and reading how Ms. Hetland handled the situation on Reptibid, and personally speaking with her on an unrelated matter via telephone, I think it's a safe bet to lay odds on which of the parties are more believable, that's all.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:02 PM   #30
jim0602
i believe she admitted to receiving the money.now it is on her to prove she returned it.she claims it was signed for so should be simple enough to get the confermation ?? then it's all over and we know who the liar is.it dosen't really matter how old this guy is.he paid for the animal.

jim burns

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!