Star Reptiles(bad Guys) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:18 AM   #41
Bobby Douglass
A copy of the check is useless. The signature from recieving the check would be nice though.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #42
Zoo_Dad
Bobby Douglass states:
Quote:
A copy of the check is useless.
Not necessarily so, although it's possible to submit a fraudulent document, it's rather unlikely. If an individual were of a mindset to potentially defraud a customer, it's highly doubtful that they would write a fraudulent check, request or pay for use of a scanner from another party or local Kinko's, copy and post to satisfy this group, and then destroy said bogus check. Possible? Sure, but doubtful! This also implies that just because Star Reptiles was accused, they must now somehow prove innocence. Wrong answer! The burden of proof is upon the accuser, NOT the accused. Most of us still subscribe to the tenets and S.O.P. utilized in USA courts. As previously stated, "innocent UNTIL PROVEN guilty!" I do however agree that Ms. Hetland should indeed show evidence of a refund or her handling of this transaction, but ONLY after some proof of impropriety is shown by her accuser! Then it's imperative, in order to refute the erroneous allegations & more importantly, to defend and uphold her otherwise untarnished & respectable reputation.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:09 PM   #43
godsmack000
the refund check

Well then that is for her to do. I have never seen a refund check or signed one from her. The reason why she is a bad guy is because she got the money, all of my e-mails, phone calls from us to her about this matter ( in which she hung up on us several times and was not willing to discuss the matter), and we never got the product in this case the bearded dragon or a full refund for our money that we sent.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #44
godsmack000
star reptiles

well I would like to know, has anyone ever heard of star reptiles because I never have until this deal which went bad.

Old 05-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #45
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
it's highly doubtful that they would write a fraudulent check, request or pay for use of a scanner from another party or local Kinko's, copy and post to satisfy this group, and then destroy said bogus check. Possible? Sure, but doubtful!
Sorry, but if the check was never written then this would be an extremely easy way out. It's not doubtful at all that someone would do this.

Quote:
This also implies that just because Star Reptiles was accused, they must now somehow prove innocence. Wrong answer!
It doesn't imply anything of the sort. I tend to believe her, but if she chooses to show proof then the signature reciept is the closest thing to it. The copy of the check will prove nothing.

Old 05-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #46
Zoo_Dad
Bobby Douglass:
Quote:
The copy of the check will prove nothing.
I respectfully disagree. Unlike godsmack000's unproven allegations thus far, in a thread now pushing 10 pages, Star Reptiles, who are yet innocent of any wrong doing on this or any other forum, could simply show a copy of the check to this board forum as a good faith effort! (Since they are still innocent victims of a verbal accusation at this juncture!) To say that it's likely for an individual to cover their by writing a bogus check solely to satisfy this group is presupposing guilt rather than innocence! In a court of law, you're certainly correct that a copy of a check wouldn't indicate proof of anything, but this board is far from a legal venue! You say the implication isn't to disbelieve Star Reptiles, yet you don't ask for substantiating proof of this young man's-(godsmack000) allegations, however, you quickly ask that Star Reptiles post a signed receipt for the refund check. Just seems a bit inappropriate IMHO. Burden of proof is on the accuser, not the business which has been on the Internet for at least 4 years, and has yet to receive any negative feedback or accusations. That's until this young man, who incidentally is banned from the Reptibid forums for impropriety, who has an ax to grind, comes here and makes his yet unfounded allegations and impugns an otherwise untarnished business person's reputation. As I stated earlier, he needs to provide proof or apologize and go away!

godsmack000:
Quote:
well I would like to know, has anyone ever heard of star reptiles because I never have until this deal which went bad.
Sure have. Here is Star Reptile's site, which I previously linked. Now, since the burden of proof is yours, where's all of the e-mails with the header information? I personally see nothing here as yet. On page 7 of this thread, posted on 4/22/04, godsmack000 states:
Quote:
...i still got the reciept and will have this cleared up by the legal claims in 2 weeks if you dont send me a refund...
The two week time frame in which you threatened to litigate is now coming up tomorrow....how's that working for you?

Seems quite simple, with respect to proof of criminal impropriety in this or any deal for anyone who's ever been wronged.....put up evidence, file a claim to be made whole or shut up & go away!

Old 05-05-2004, 07:51 PM   #47
Pennebaker
Star reptiles also stated that the check was never cashed--therefore, godsmack has not been refunded (the money is still in Star reptiles' bank). Perhaps the check went to the wrong address? Since the check was never cashed, I would think that something could be done here for godsmack to get his refund.

Dana

Old 05-05-2004, 08:32 PM   #48
godsmack000
File for fraud

I already filed with reptibid fraud against sarah hetland. So far I haven't heard from them but it hasn't been very long since I filed that.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #49
godsmack000
The supposively banning

I have NOT been banned from anysite. I am not banned from reptiforms, reptibid, reptimart, ks, this site, herptrader or any other site. Sarah might have said I was but I am not.

ZOO_DAD:

If she did say I was banned why believe her about that and not me about anything else. You should ask me or her for proof of that before you say anything. Get your facts straight. You seem to not believe me about many things yet you beleive her just because she says something. You know it wouldn't surprise me if you knew her personally.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #50
godsmack000
peace

I have no problems with anyone so please stop telling me I have to do anything for you people you tell me show proof. What for to prove she bad I only say this becuase she called me a bad person. For what I did nothing is all I did was send her money asked for my lizard got nothing and is all I want is my money back. So please stop your little comments the only reason you don't believe me is cause im not 30 or older if I was you people would be on my side. What wisdom do you have through everything we have been through has any one yet learned to that you should not make a judgement by looks or age or intelligence so think what you want, one way or another I'm going to get my money back those who have not made judgements against me because of my age I thank you. Oh and if star reptiles or Ms. Hetland was a nice person they would have done sent me a refund and i would tell everyone that in my opinion I had problems and don't want to deal with her after this. You can and good luck with her. but if I dont get my money back I forgive her and hope God does too and doesn't send her to dante's inferno for stealing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!