Bad Guy STAY AWAY FROM ANTOINE JACKSON (AKA "TWAN") - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:19 PM   #11
Eden Exotics
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #12
LauraB
Just to clarify, the link that Lucille posted above is the most recent (from just last month) warning about this person.

Here is an older Bad Guy thread.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ntoine+Jackson

Nathaneal, would you please post the friend's name or PayPal address so other potential victims know who to avoid? He has a history of using "friends" to sell animals he does not own or has clear permission to do so. Please read both links and it will make sense

Always research a potential vendor/seller here before any purchase in the future. I'm sorry you had to deal with him.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:36 PM   #13
Black Adder
I have to admit to being a little confused on actual shipping plans.
Surely both the seller and buyer are/were aware that live snakes can ONLY legally be shipped via Fedex?
Absolutely not through UPS or USPS.
And I am not sure what the seller was trying to claim that he was told he could only ship Fedex business to business?

Old 01-06-2016, 12:18 AM   #14
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
live snakes can ONLY legally be shipped via Fedex
I think the only inherently illegal way to ship snakes (disregarding Lacey Act concerns) is via USPS. Other carriers may choose not to allow shipping live snakes, but since they're not run by the US government, individuals choosing to ship snakes with their service are ultimately guilty of violating nothing more than TOS - not laws. Also, I'm not so sure that FedEx is the only company that allows snake shipments anymore. I believe UPS still knowingly allows certain people to ship them, unless that's changed somewhat recently.
Quote:
And I am not sure what the seller was trying to claim that he was told he could only ship Fedex business to business?
I get the impression that it wasn't regularly enforced, but shipping business-to-business only was one of the criteria for FedEx certifying people to ship snakes. As far as I know (though I haven't kept up with it in a while) it still works that way for the average Joe with the certification. Contrary to what the seller said, it's not something that just went into effect. Love how the OP so blithely suggested that they just be shipped USPS to save some money.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:32 AM   #15
Eden Exotics
I would ask that people PLEASE not get on a rabbit trail with my post. That's usually what happens with these, and that's why I didn't post in the other one...my post would have just gotten lost.
I'm not done posting the texts, so that's maybe part of the reason people are confused. His friend's email in in the texts. Sorry about my language in them btw, I'm just posting them exactly as they were said. I am very upset about this.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #16
Eden Exotics
Here are a few more. I'll post the rest in the morning.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2016, 01:22 AM   #17
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Exotics View Post
I would ask that people PLEASE not get on a rabbit trail with my post. That's usually what happens with these, and that's why I didn't post in the other one...my post would have just gotten lost.
I'm not done posting the texts, so that's maybe part of the reason people are confused. His friend's email in in the texts. Sorry about my language in them btw, I'm just posting them exactly as they were said. I am very upset about this.
Not quite sure what you mean. The tangential discussion has relevance to the exchange between yourself and Antoine, Nathanael. It is simply not central to your complaint's essence here. Not central, but relevant, as people suggesting or employing the use of particular shipping methods can be a factor audiences consider when determining who maintained and who failed to maintain market community principles that are in line with either corporate TOS or, in other cases, regulatory/legal expectations. In other words, best practices for the sake of the animals as well as avoiding blowback from violating policy.

I see concerns on this level as valid as long as they do not dominate the thread to the point of causing forgetfulness of the primary topic.

Thank you for posting the images of communications you have shared thus far and I look forward to the remainder when time permits you.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #18
Eden Exotics
Alright, but you have to admit, it happens a lot with these. On every other site they ask people to be clear an concise and stay on topic, but here you're pretty liberal on how you let the discussions go...

Old 01-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden Exotics View Post
Alright, but you have to admit, it happens a lot with these. On every other site they ask people to be clear an concise and stay on topic, but here you're pretty liberal on how you let the discussions go...
And yet here you are, discussing posting theory instead of Antoine Jackson.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #20
bcr229
Non-businesses can use Ship Your Reptiles for FedEx.

UPS corporate policy is not to ship snakes, and legally they can't be shipped USPS. The seller mentioning shipping using UPS or USPS should have been a tip-off that he was either clueless or a scammer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!