Repti bid .com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
jim scharphorn
Repti bid .com

looks like another herp auction, you cannot get in touch with anyone, I have e-mailed the web master and I get nothing but returned e-mails.
I signed up for the auction and it never gave me my password.

Old 04-28-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Herpcam
Yep, and full of idiots

I 'sold' one of my leopard geckos on there to 'GeckoMan', who never emailed or replies to my emails. Hopefully the other auctions he's bid on will block him from winning, or they'll lose their sales as well.

Just looking around the gecko and leopard gecko section there, you can tell it's full of scam artists or bad/sick animals. I don't recommend it at this time. Perhaps when they start charging for their services it will clean up a bit.

I was able to contact someone affiliated with the website by using thier 'chat' function, but he wasn't very helpful. I emailed them a couple days ago about 'Geckoman', but his bids are still there for other auctions and I have yet to receive a reply.

Old 04-28-2003, 10:03 PM   #3
TheVipersHouse
Angry reptibid.com is turning out to be a joke

well lets see where to start i had animals up for auction 1 person asks how much my reserve was so i tell him he bids it and then 2 days later 1 hour before auction ends he retracts his bids . joke 2 , 1 member used the buy it now feature for another one of my animals and i get an email 2 days later that says and i quote : im only 9 years old and my mommy wont let me purchase all the snakes i bid on so sorry i cant buy ur snake ...??????? what kind of site is he running i understand its new and all but come on theres no age requirements ?????? isnt that illegal ?? ... and now the site cant stay up and running been trying to go cause i have animals posted and i keep getting an error saying i dont have permission to go to the site an it blocks me but then 1 hour later i can get in and then again i get errors all night long .... i tell you what theres only 1 good auction site up and runnign right now owned and operated by Keith Blatt local herpist in Pa www.ReptileAuction.com hes turned the site into a very nice and clean peice of work on his site if the winning bidder fails to pay for what they won they get warned or possibly removed from using the site hes trying to weed out the bums that bid and run anyone who wants a great auction site drop by and check it out thats www.reptileauction.com .....

Old 04-28-2003, 10:19 PM   #4
jim scharphorn
Shawn, Thats great to post the other auction I tried it out when it first started and recieved bad luck with it. then they changed the format and I had to get a new password and I never got it I even e-mailed keith for it and I got no responce

On a side note you may want to retract the site and ask the web master if it is O K becuase I did something like this a couple days ago and I got 3 warning points for posting my site.

Old 04-28-2003, 10:29 PM   #5
jim scharphorn
Sorry keith, I just re-checked and I did recieve my new password, My dooooop.

Old 04-29-2003, 12:49 AM   #6
drawoh
A reply from ReptiBid.com

I am sorry if anyone has had problems during these last few days with the ReptiBid system. Last week we moved ReptiBid.com from a server provider on the east coast to a much better provider in San Francisco that has promised us 99.99% uptime. The move to a larger server and a better provider was necessary due to the increased traffic we have been receiving during these last few weeks. We moved 3 sites at the same time and we had several unexpected problems during the move that may have caused problems for some of our members. The entire site was off line for around 30 hours. Our email system went off line for around 3 days. Some members also had problems up loading pictures to Reptibid durring the last several days. A few members may still not be connecting to our new site servers because their local Internet Service Provider (ISP) has not up-dated their own DNS information with our new IP information. This is something only your local ISP can do. This DNS up-date can take several days depending on your local ISP. The ReptiBid system is now up and running at 100% and had several hundred new visitors on it's first day back on line. An email will go out soon to all our members explaining this move. I am very sorry for any problems this server move may have caused our members.

Also concerning the other issue, the very young member that caused some of the problems pointed out by TheVipersHouse has been banned from the site since Tuesday of last week.

ReptiBid System Administrator

Old 04-29-2003, 01:01 AM   #7
TheVipersHouse
well thanks for the update and im glad that the young person has been banned but was there steps taken to prevent it from happening again ? or at least made it more difficult for them to register ? i honestly hope it all goes well and everything gets in order cause it seems like it would be a nice place to use but so far its been rough and left a bad taste in mouths all over im sure ... well glad to hear your back up now i can check on my auctions lol i hope it all goes well and things remain hassle free

Old 04-29-2003, 06:08 AM   #8
jim scharphorn
Repti bid webmaster. I tried again yesterday to e-mail you with no luck that is why I posted this here. And you may want to ad your name here or your post might get deleted. ( its kind of one of the rules ) I would like it if you would e-mail me so I can get my password.
coolcritters@netonecom.net
thank you.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:39 PM   #9
Slither
I'm just curious about the rules of the auction site myself. I have not and most likely will not buy anything from the site because of the way auctions are posted. Let me explain a bit. You have auctions listed on the site that are selling "1" ball python yet the ad itself states they have 30+. Also you have auctions listed and in the ad the seller has posted that he no longer has the animal(s) available. If the animals are not available then why the hell are they still posted for sale? These are signs of not being a reputable and trustworthy place to buy animals because if simple things like this are not controlled (having the product your selling at least!) then what recourse do I have if someone rips me off and doesn't send me what I paid for? Absolutely none.

Just a suggestion, but you may want to work towards controlling your site more like ebay does with the same type of rules and procedures. More people would trust buying from the site that way.

Just my two cents.

Old 04-29-2003, 03:44 PM   #10
Corey Sawyer
http://www.reptibid.com/cgi-bin/auct...tem=1052031136

hmmm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!