Inquiry John Farr dealings and husbandry practices. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #31
AndyUltimateReptiles
To add to the aggressive issue, I honestly worry if my baby Burms aren't bitey right when they hatch and also during the settle in period. Really nasty babies feed much better, do better in the long term, and usually mellow out at a month or two old. Baby Burms are actually probably the most foul tempered hatchlings. My retics and African rocks and even green trees are tame in comparison. After a bit, all aggression disappears and is just replaced by curiosity.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:10 PM   #32
gila7150
Thanks for sharing your experience with this guy. He's obviously not fit to care for a pet rock. If this guy is so afraid of a baby python bite that he would kill it he may want to trade the rest of his pythons for a Bichon Frise.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #33
freedumbdclxvi
OP, i would contact the show and tell them about this behavior. I emailed them a link to this thread and told them that i felt such behavior was akin to throwing a sack of kittens in a river to drown. I asked them to consider banning him from vending in the future.

Posting a link to the show below.

http://www.tucsonreptileshow.com/ind...ns/vendor-list

Old 12-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #34
stealthy
Good move Dustin,
hope that works.. Charges should be brought up against him for animal cruelty

Old 12-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #35
Jermosh
Mark is a great guy, and as in Dr Funk, they run a very well run show with clean animals and honest vendors, I have seen them remove animals from the show based on poor health and vendors for being belligerent.

I will be sure they know about this, I had others locally come to me after I linked this page to a few local FB reptile groups. Its hearsay to bring it up here, but basically similar atrocity and scamming. This guy could possibly share a table of course, but I dont see to many table partners who would work with this guy.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #36
LauraB
John Farr, despite your spins and obvious BS, you are an absolute abomination to the casual hobby, to the herp profession, and to anyone who actually cares about whatever particular specimen they may want to collect and care for, whether it be snakes, lizards, spiders, fish, mammals or freaking ants, for that matter.

You've proven, by your own admissions, you are not worthy nor the least bit humane or intelligently capable of caring for a collection of anything.

Thank you, Jonathan Grove, for your warning. Thank you, Dustin, for your warning to the Tucson show.

Karma's a , Mr. Farr. Enjoy. You earned it.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #37
alex bleas
There is no such thing as a dwarf burm. If there is find me the scientific name or locality.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #38
freedumbdclxvi
Python bivittatus progschai. I believe found on Sulawesi and a few other islands around there, similar to tje dwarf and super dwarf retics.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #39
AndyUltimateReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex bleas View Post
There is no such thing as a dwarf burm. If there is find me the scientific name or locality.

Pure progschai are an island subspecies. My breeder adult male dwarf is 4 ft or so and going on 3 years. He isn't stunted and is probably heavily fed compared to what most keepers feed. If you are lucky enough to find them, they aren't cheap.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #40
hupababy_83
John Farr your hero keeping is disgusting, disturbing and deplorable! So what if your tanks are clean, its how you CARE about your animals! You do not put a snake in the freezer for mites! That's like killing a dog for fleas, or a child for lice! Sad to say your name is added to my book. I would never do any business with you. I would really like to know why you think it's ok to kill a snake, a NEONATE, for being nippy!? If your not willing to get bit then DONT IWN SNAKES! They are babies, it's instinct to protect themselves! Heaven forbid you own a kitten or a cat! I'd hate to see what you do when it shows it's fangs!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!