Anyone delt with Rian @undergroundreptiles.com? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
PristinePythons
Thumbs up Thought I'd add

I'll back Ryan, Greg, Don, Or Pete anyday!!! I live close by and have spent well over a thousand dollars with them and still continue to go back. Why you ask?! Never had a bad experience. Very knowledgeable people. I've purchased everything from timor monitors to green tree pythons back to timor pythons. The geckos they are selling are 110% top notch! I would reccomend them to anyone!

John Light
Pristine Pythons

Old 07-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #12
VenomJ
Question

If you like to get raped on prices, than Underground is that place! Super high priced, but for what?

Old 02-05-2005, 02:54 PM   #13
Blink
Quote:
Originally Posted by PristinePythons
I'll back Ryan, Greg, Don, Or Pete anyday!!! I live close by and have spent well over a thousand dollars with them and still continue to go back. Why you ask?! Never had a bad experience. Very knowledgeable people. I've purchased everything from timor monitors to green tree pythons back to timor pythons. The geckos they are selling are 110% top notch! I would reccomend them to anyone!

John Light
Pristine Pythons

I actually live in West Palm Beach, and also have visited their shop in Boca.
Excellent customer service their, Really nice guys in my opinon.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #14
Palm Beach Exot
Talking Super Service

I have been dealing with Underground (Greg and Ryan) for several years and have spent well over $3000.00 on animals and equipment. their advice is always on the money. I will continue to do business with them. I have no problems recommending them to anyone, and I have.
Todd Seadorf
Palm Beach Exotics

Old 02-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #15
jlexotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard2FindHerps
I just wanted to say that Rian is a business man before an animal lover. The dollar is what he wants not the well being of the animal. He runs a huge shop full of all kinds of neat animals but I still wouldnt buy from him. I know first hand how he takes money from innocent people. See my post on the thread about the uros. If you want to sum up Rian just look at my first two lines.

Thanks,
michael tragash
I'm sorry but I'm so sick of this crap you post Michael!!! First off in order to run a pet store you need to bring in what is called money or you will go out of business. Yes businesses do care about money. I know Rian personally and he's a very nice guy. I must say, If you don't love what your doing you won't be successful 98.9% (lol don't quote me on this) of the time! He's has helped me with plenty of animals and I would highly recommend doing business with him. I have been going to and working with Underground Reptiles for Years! I have had countless animals I've purchased through them and I've NEVER had a problem with a single one. Infact I even stop by every once in awhile just to hang out and chat awhile. Great bunch of guys that work there. I personally will back Underground 100%. Oh...thought I'd let you in on a little secret, retail stores have what is called overhead they have to pay. Overhead is rent, electricity, and so on. Thus at a Retail location you are going to pay more for your animals. You also have the benefit of help first hand if need be. I think I've got my point across now, thank you!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #16
Simba
john

John L you are right on.. and if you open a place let me know. I too am in west palm, and visit with ryan, dan, and greg all the time, at least once a week if not more, i have never bought anything from anywhere else but from underground. The do have the best customer services and quality of animals, and to say that ryan only cares about money is a load of ^&*$. Some guy is just hating on him. I know first hand that they all love their animals.
my .02
Greg(not the underground guy nor greg h.lol)

Old 02-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #17
jlexotics
I don't intend to open a retail store. It's alot of work and I don't want to deal with the overhead. At this point in my life I don't have the time available to do such a thing. If I ever had the time, I'll get a wearhouse or something to that effect, a much cheaper way to do business! Not only that but I'd still be able to provide killer prices. I'm trying to keep this a hobby as I when you get into the business aspect you have to make money or you go under. As a hobby animals breed thats great you get a couple of dollars on the side. A business is SO much different!

Old 02-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #18
cyberfrog
I bought a Joshua Tree Rosy Boa from them a few years ago, she was great. Never had a problem with her in the 2 years or so that I had her.

Old 02-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #19
Hard2FindHerps
In the BUSINESS of trading reptiles it is important to remember that we all originated from the same place; that is that we were all originally hobbyists. That being said, as hobbyists we displayed an inordinate amount of CARE and REGARD for our animals well being.

Somewhere during this hobbyist stage we realize the potential profitability of and thusly begin to investigate this new found opportunity. While investigating we make a decision which defines the rest of our careers in the industry.

A three part spectrum develops:
1) Extrme Left: Business: This segment defines those individuals who have forgotten about the level of CARE and REGARD for the animals well being that they upheld as hobbyists. Their focus is on $$$ and that alone. This has some drastic implications that may lead the eventual overall BAN of reptiles. Im talking about selling people animals that they cant take care of which leads to the unnecessary release of non native species and potential harm to both the animal and the handler. A more pressing concern though is that of how the animal is represented to the customer. You will often times find that these individuals do not accurately represent their animals such as my experience with a nippy carpet python and the other person's experience with the Uro which eventually passed away.

2) Middle: These individuals have made the decision to uphold the level of CARE and REGARD they are accustomed to which thusly benefits the keepers, the industry, and the hobby as a whole safe. These individuals have been able to ethically make a profit from their hobbies. THESE INDIVIDUALS DO NOT SACRIFICE ANYTHING!!! They have instead decided to provide the highest level of service to the customer and the highest level of regard to the animal.

3) Far Right: These individuals are pure hobbyists. ON THE TOP OF THEIR MINDS IS THE GENERAL WELL BEING OF THE ANIMAL AND EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE, THE SPECIES AS A WHOLE. They will make personal sacrifices for their animals and would even be willing to sell any offspring they produced well below the market standard.

Rian Gittman hardly fits the description of the ethical reptile dealer we all envision. He preys on people who have a distinct disadvantage in that they come to him with a real lack of knowledge and assume he is an expert. This creates a situation where the customer believes every word that he says and therefore follows his instructions. This is what happened to me. I was not told anything about the fact that my snake could be nippy and how I should handle it if this situation arises. He was unwilling to take my snake back after I had it for a few days and decided that I could not deal with its behavior. He left me in a situation where the outcome could have been an inexperienced keeper with a mean snake and this only leads to trouble for the entire community.
Moreover, I saw an article on the internet somewhere in which Mr. Gittman discussed how he collects water snakes and ribbon snakes right out of the wild. He does this and then sells the animals in his shop. We know that the world will be unliveable if we continue to rape the land of its resources and yet people are STILL DOING IT!!!

As for you Mr. Light, Bluteguz@aol.com, pristine pythons, arboreals, or JLexotics: You dont even have the first clue about how to operate a business. Youve been talking for the past few years about getting a WAREHOUSE, this is the correct spelling, YET YOUVE GOT NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT BECAUSE YOU CANT COMMIT TO ANYTHING. As is evident by your multitude of aliases, you have yet to pick an ID and STICK WITH IT!!! Its obvious that you are continually trying to reinvent yourself in these forums because of mistakes you have made in the past, however minor they may have been. BOTTOM LINE IS: YOU WANT A FLAWLESS REPUTATION AND YOU JUST CANT GET IT!!!

For any inquiries contact hard2findherps@hotmail.com

Michael Tragash

Old 02-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #20
Wilomn
OK Mike, while we all like mysteries this is not one to just casually let go.

Splain it man!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!