Bad Guy Matt Tipton/Bryan Lucas/Bryan T=BEWARE! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Matt Tipton/Bryan Lucas/Bryan T=BEWARE!

I thought it would be a good idea to make a cumulative post in regards to a certain community scumbag who goes by many names....his real name is Matt Tipton, but goes by lots of aliases (user name here on Fauna is "Bryan T").

Matt is a known and confirmed thief of intellectual property (he mainly steals pictures from other hobbyists/breeders and posts them around the net claiming to own the animals). I caught him red-handed doing this myself a while back....He posted a picture of a Leucistic Ball Python on the old version of the Kentucky Reptile Expo Forum (said forum is now gone, as are all the posts regarding this occurrence, but many people witnessed this event and could verify this if needed).....As it turns out, the picture of the Leucy Ball belonged to a breeder from the United Kingdom.

Matt, aside from being a pathological liar (he has lied about his occupation, level of income, property ownership and collection of animals in order to "impress" people I suppose?) is also a convicted felon (weapons-related charges) who has committed criminal harassment and terroristic threatening to myself and other hobbyists/breeders who will not do business with him due to his behavior. One instance sticks out in my mind where he threatened the family of one breeder who would not sell him a Boa morph. I am not positive of this person's name, but I believe they are a member of Fauna and could perhaps reiterate the details?

There is a thread here on Fauna where Matt's behavior is documented in regards to his interactions with Tom Burke....he has a penchant for nagging/bothering/pestering breeders to death and then trying to drag their name through the mud once they have had enough of him.

This is exactly the kind of person we DON'T need in the reptile community. I am ashamed to share the same state with this character (he lives in Frankfort, KY). Do not sell to, buy from or do business in any fashion with Matt Tipton!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
xanaxez
Ive been noting that in post for a few days now. i have been collecting alot of threads on him from other forums to show what kind of lying,thieving scum this guy really is.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
DavidBeard
I wish I had taken screen shots of the threads where he was exposed for stealing the pics.....sadly most of the threads that involved him were deleted after too long.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
laterob
He's started a lot of inquiry BOI threads recently, which seems innocent enough. But why start an inquiry into Jon's Jungle after already contributing to someone else's inquiry about the same vendor? Seems odd, if not shady. Perhaps he's trying to change his image?

Seems like he starts bad guy threads prematurely, also. I don't see how someone who sells an animal to you that you brag about can be a bad guy, or how customer service can be bad enough for a bad guy thread, yet you still purchase the animal.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
DavidBeard
Hes not trying to change his image (why do that under a fake name?)....hes just too stupid to realize that people see through his charade. Hes been caught a handful of times stealing pics....once he even forgot to remove the breeder's watermark symbol! How many times before he learns that he isn't smooth or pulling the wool over anyone's eyes? lol

Old 06-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
mvite
Oh no you dittnt.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
DavidBeard
I'm waiting for him to come into this thread and demand that it be taken down (or else!) and for him to post pictures of him standing in front of his plastic Avalanche truck that "cost 32k" and his "lakefront property" that he "owns".....LOL.

He called me on the phone a few months ago telling me to meet him in the Waffle House parking lot in Frankfort.....judging from his pics I guess he wanted to have a Hashbrown Throw-Down! Haha!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #8
mvite
Whoa--He stopped viewing the thread without a reply.

I think you guys better post your proof---threads and such.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
DavidBeard
Like I said above, most of the threads where I was directly involved with him and his IP theft are no longer around due to the forum being deleted.

Here is the thread I mentioned where Matt goes after Tom Burke, and Burke confirms my assertions regarding his use of aliases and certain behavior:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ighlight=Burke

Heres a nice quote from that thread, posted by Matt Crabe:

Quote:
More importantly, I hate to see someone with a good reputation for years get dragged through the mud by someone who is quite infamous in the boa community for wasting people's time and causing trouble.

Matt Tipton, aka Bryon Tipton, Bryan Lucas, Mark Wainscott, Mary Ann Boids, etc., has quite a reputation for having multiple personalities and wasting people's time. He has gone as far as threatening a major boa breeders family with physical violence. That is completely unacceptable.
Heres another insightful post from that thread, made by Ryan Homsey:

Quote:
I happen to have a substancial background with the "tiptons" and their harrassment. There is one primary entity, Matt Tipton, that is likely most likely culprit. Whether there are other entities that are actually posting/harrassing breeders is unknown. With some online searching you'll find that they have a clear-cut criminal background.

Tiptons 'schtick' is to contact a breeder and engage in conversation for as long as possible, all under the guise of it being a potential sale. He usually will request multiple updated photos of animals. In general he will just do whatever he can to get a breeder to "jump through hoops" in an effort to fulfill his inquiries. He usually will agree to a deal after lengthy negotiations. After a while he will all out cease contact. Sometimes after a while he will shoot an email back stating he got an animal elsewhere or something of that nature. Usually within a month or two after that he will get a new email address and start a new alias and continue the cycle. Fortunately, he's not the smartest apple in the bunch and is easy to spot due to poor grammar and a contual rambling about how awesome he is because he makes massive amounts of money and has a "payed for brand new truck!".

I have addresses, photos, phone numbers, etc for Tipton. On another board, after he got hostile and threatening, he was baited into scanning a copy of his tax registration for his super-cool car. As was previously stated, he has threatened a well known boa breeder and his family at one point. Having this nut-case's personal information could be useful if such threats continue.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I guess he wanted to have a Hashbrown Throw-Down! Haha!
LOL! Now that is funny.

I've been witness to his picture thieving and relentless bragging on the old KY forum too, if that counts for anything. At first it was amusing, but it got old quick.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!