Inquiry BRYAN BOSWELL- FRONT ROYAL VIRGINIA?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
krhodes
BRYAN BOSWELL- FRONT ROYAL VIRGINIA??

anyone here had any dealings with him? I have had 3 deals to go through flawlessly however the last is anything but that. Sent $850 worth of hognose snakes out in trade. Was promised a mo the next day. Was contacted a time later asking if I could do a partial trade. The agreed trade was a male proven breeder albino, an unsexed cbb albino and $300 cash. Next week turned to eight weeks. no calls, texts, emails returned. Had begun to hear others were also in the same boat. I sent one last email stating I would put an inquiry about him and he sent a message back stating he would be shipping the snakes the following week. He did say that business was bad and that he was too embarrassed to admit it and thats why he didnt return any emails,etc. now two weeks later still nothing.

anyone else care to share experiences good or bad. anyone know what is going on with him?

Kevin Rhodes

Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
stunt_rider22
Bryan Boswell

I'm having the same problem with Bryan Boswell, I sent him some animals in trade for his 50% pos Het Lavender Hogs about 3 months ago. During this time I developed a friendship with Bryan, or so I thought, and sent him some animals for him to sell at a reptile show he was attending. When Bryan return shipped my animals only some of them were in the box. One of the het Toffee males I sent him came back with a severe back problem from being smashed in a deli and he switched his albino male with one of my Ext Red Albinos without consulting me. I also sent him 2.0 Anaconda hogs 66% het Albino and $1000.00 for a conda 66% het Toffee that he was getting from Ted williams. Also, come to find out, Bryan has been lying to me regarding the genetic composition of his animals. The "50%" Het Lavs he traded me were only 25% het and he knew this before trading me. Once I found this out I asked him to return ship the rest of my animals/money and told him since he knew the history of his animals genetics and traded me anyway I do not feel comfortable doing business with him anymore. At this point Bryan is now extremely hard to get in contact with. After threatening to resort to legal actions Bryan finely shipped some of my animals back. He excluded the $1000.00 and the other conda 66% Het Albino. Bryan now says that he wants me to return ship all of his animals before he'll send the rest of my animals. Bryan definitely burned a bridge with me and he's not trustworthy. Now I'm stuck with 21 reptiles that may or may not be what Bryan claims. This has been a hard lesson learned, and I wouldnt suggest doing business with Bryan Boswell.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:51 AM   #3
albyalby1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt_rider22 View Post
I'm having the same problem with Bryan Boswell, I sent him some animals in trade for his 50% pos Het Lavender Hogs about 3 months ago. During this time I developed a friendship with Bryan, or so I thought, and sent him some animals for him to sell at a reptile show he was attending. When Bryan return shipped my animals only some of them were in the box. One of the het Toffee males I sent him came back with a severe back problem from being smashed in a deli and he switched his albino male with one of my Ext Red Albinos without consulting me. I also sent him 2.0 Anaconda hogs 66% het Albino and $1000.00 for a conda 66% het Toffee that he was getting from Ted williams. Also, come to find out, Bryan has been lying to me regarding the genetic composition of his animals. The "50%" Het Lavs he traded me were only 25% het and he knew this before trading me. Once I found this out I asked him to return ship the rest of my animals/money and told him since he knew the history of his animals genetics and traded me anyway I do not feel comfortable doing business with him anymore. At this point Bryan is now extremely hard to get in contact with. After threatening to resort to legal actions Bryan finely shipped some of my animals back. He excluded the $1000.00 and the other conda 66% Het Albino. Bryan now says that he wants me to return ship all of his animals before he'll send the rest of my animals. Bryan definitely burned a bridge with me and he's not trustworthy. Now I'm stuck with 21 reptiles that may or may not be what Bryan claims. This has been a hard lesson learned, and I wouldnt suggest doing business with Bryan Boswell.

Did you have any luck getting the reduced pattern conda back from him?

This Deff sucks for the both of you and i have no done anything with him so i cant shed any light on this. It really getting hard to trust people in this hobby. I have been burnt a few times. Google does wonders for searching people before dealing with them. In the least you can get a address and go get your stuff back if there not to far away. Best of luck to the both of you

Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
josephschmidt
Here is my story about this Boswell character.
I met this man in the beginning of the breeding season this year and he seemed like a pretty cool dude. Since day one I could tell that there just was something fishy about him.
I made a trade with this dude that consisted of the following deal- I was to trade him 2.1 100% het toffee belly western hognose and a few animals from my tiger line. In turn Bryan was to send me $400 cash and what was supposed to be 1.1. Pos het lavender westerns that he claims to have purchased from Kevin Rhodes in a large group.
He offers me this trade mind you-
Now the 1.1 50% het lavenders are at market value at somewhere in the 12-1500 range and I feel Bryan is doing to much for me so i include some freebees because I want the deal to be feel fair.
I receive my snakes and he receives his all seems hunky doorie till I start to work another deal with a friend jon and the trade just so happens to include the possible het lavs. So me and my friend start to chop it up about who and what the snakes are and came from. the deal goes through seemingly fine.
Until the man (my close friend) starts to do some research on the pos lavs and simply calls Kevin Rhodes to have words about the credibility of genetics.
See Bryan told me that he couldn't remember if the pos lav where from a het x het pairing sibling to a lavender or from a 100% het male to a pos het who proved normal.
Long story short. Kevin tells jon where these animalsactually came from which was from a possible het male bred to a normal from his green hypo line and not even a pos het x pos het breeding.
Now from an investment or breeding stand point these snakes are just simply possible POSSIBLE hets and for me having a big collection and producing so many morphs. Pos Pos hets simply have no place here. I don't have time or space to raise "normals".
Jon contacts this man (Bryan) and has a convo with him about what these actually are. While this is happening Bryan and I have a fairly good size deal going on a bunch of big giant adult females I was going to sell him for a smokin deal. Jon has this convo with him on Thursday-- Friday he is supposed to send me the money for the snake and I am to ship the following Monday to him. Well Monday came,, No check in the mail or email over the weekend but on Tuesday he writes me a short mail saying. "something came up I can't take the group sorry" and I haven't heard from him since.
Jon told him very clearly that he burnt me and because of that mine and jons numbers dramatically changed. it was all out in the open then he moved on the the next guy he could Hustle which just so happened to be one of my very closest friends. Wesley.
I lost a good chunk of dough because of this clown and his swindling ways.
Some day I will be fortunate enough to bump into MR punk crook Boswell or
Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to just pay him a little visit at his house.
What a slime bag.

My personal message for you Bryan is this--
you defiantly did not make a very safe or wise decision for yourself. I personal promise you,,,, We will meet face to face.
Your a liar a swindler and a straight up chump. See you sooner than later pal-

Old 10-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
D's Leopard geckos
Pictures and email, texts, or any kind of proof?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Leopard geckos View Post
Pictures and email, texts, or any kind of proof?
And how exactly are you related to Bryan? 'Cuz it's obvious you are.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
stunt_rider22
So you need some proof darren? Well this is the first email that Bryan ever sent to me stating he has 50% hets to trade. If he lied about this in the first email I don't see any reason for me to trust him about anything else.

Wes

What I have is; some 50% Poss Het Lavender w/amazing patterns, 66% Double Het Snow, 100% Het Red Albino. Give me a call.
540-671-9410

Thanks
Bryan

BTW how are you related to bryan and where is he?

Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
josephschmidt
He is Likley at his house thinking this will all just go away.
I checked yesterday and a flight is only $440 from my spot. That's less than half of what you burnt me on..
Speak up Bryan or be expecting a very angry mean and not to be effed with man knocking on your door.
You need to make right on this situation or at least make your point.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
DABOZ
TRADE GONE BAD

Back in July. Wesley Allange (stunt rider22) and I started working out a trade for Hognose snakes. This stemed from a add he had. The first trade was his 0.1 Adilt Het Toffee, 1.1 Adult het Anery and a hatchling Het Toffee. I in turn sent him 2.1 sub young poss het Lavender(EACH TIME I EMAILED WHAT I WAS SENDIND, IT WAS STATED POSS HET LAVENDER), 0.2 Adult Normals, 1.1 Poss double Het Snow and 1.1 Het Albino. He was told who produced the poss het lavenders and how. I am now more understanding in the percentages for figuring out 50% and 100%. Then I was not. After the trading was done and we did a few more. He heard the poss het lavenders were poss het and not 50% like he thought. He came back to me and wanted to undo all of the trades we had done. I said that was fine. I did not want him to feel cheated. At this time I have sent him back all but one (66% poss albino/ Anaconda). We also have one we went in together on.
> He Has sent nothing back to me. I wanted the last shipment sent back to me and then I would send the 66% poss het anaconda.
> H wants everything first.
> At this time he has of my Snakes;
> 1st shipment;
> 2.1 poss het lavender
> 0.2 Adult normals
> 1.1 Poss DHS
> 1.1 100% het albino
> and the second shipment;
> 1.0 adult 50% het lavender
> 0.2 hatchling 100% het Hypo
> 1.0 100% DHS
> 1.0 Blonde 100% het albino
> 0.2 100% het albino
> 1.0 Banded Normal
> 1.0 albino poss het anery
> 0.1 100% het albino/reduced marks like a conda
> 0.1 adult red line 100% het albino
> 0.1 adult normal
> 1.0 normal with small strip on tail
> 0.1 hatching red line 100% het albino
> 1.0 albino
> He has left me no choice but to come to you.
> I feel I would be left with nothing, if I send him the other.
> Thanks
> Bryan Boswell
>

Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
DABOZ
The first email, that was sent to wes. Stated some of what I had. I did have a pair of 50% poss het lavenders from Kevin Rhodes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!