Bad Guy Longer Look Inside Reptiles by Mack, from PETA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
ColinH
Longer Look Inside Reptiles by Mack, from PETA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5dbWFeziqo

Skeptical about PETA’s findings at Reptiles by Mack? Have a look at this additional video. The general public’s short attention span requires us to keep videos short, but for you all who know reptiles, here are additional scenes from RBM’s facilities. Please also know that between our observers’ periods of employment, we wrote directly to Mr. Mack with a list of our concerns, but our second observer saw that animals continued to suffer at the company.

Thank you,
Colin Henstock, PETA

Old 05-26-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Colin,

I'm about 8 minutes into the video about to step out for lunch, but wanted to ask. What is your ultimate desired goal, hoped for outcome by sharing the videos of RBM? - thanks

Old 05-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Some of it is the same footage from the first video.
Two of the prior threads in the BOI that discussed this:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=567002
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=539163

Old 05-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #4
Robert Walker
So Colin... you were on this thread when I posted my question. No response?

Without a response, it would be like me posting a PETA video and then bailing. From the linked video:

PETA Spokesperson, "a huge amount of our budget goes to the heart and soul of our work which are our undercover investigations". The video says the PETA budget was 36 million in 2013. So, how much are PETA members paid to become "observers" and go dig up things in their undercover investigations? What happens if they don't find anything during their "observing", how much do they make then?

The video talks about PETA in VA. How many animals did PETA euthanize in VA in 2013? What percentage is that of the animals they took in?

I'm not RBM or PETA supporter, I'm just a neutral anti-BS supporter. If you are going to drop videos here about others, it is only fair to have the favor returned so we have a "fair and balanced" perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vDTl06pZk
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #5
ColinH
That doesn’t sound very neutral! This video was posted to give people who posed questions about PETA’s investigation the opportunity to see additional footage. Some of it has been posted previously, some of it hasn’t. For more information, see the feature here:http://investigations.peta.org/repti...ffer-petsmart/

Old 05-26-2016, 05:46 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
What is your ultimate desired goal, hoped for outcome by sharing the videos of RBM? - thanks
Not neutral? Does it kind of feel like a one sided hidden camera video?

So you replied, however, no answer still to the question above? To what end are you creating/making/posting/distributing videos of RBM? What are you trying to accomplish?

Old 05-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #7
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinH View Post
That doesn’t sound very neutral!
Damn, hurts when the euthanasia shot's coming from the other end, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinH View Post
This video was posted to give people who posed questions about PETA’s investigation the opportunity to see additional footage. Some of it has been posted previously, some of it hasn’t. For more information, see the feature here:http://investigations.peta.org/repti...ffer-petsmart/
If you're involved with PETA, then I take everything you say, type and vocalize as I would if I had a ton of sand put into my bowl of soup; with total disgust. (Though I might give the dirt in my soup a higher accreditation... )

PETA has proven themselves to be liars, cheats and manipulators, and nothing you or anyone else says will sway my opinion. The fact that a PETA rep is posting here and then proceeds to tell people to look at another useless video montage of theirs still doesn't matter to me. Because this is all I get from your organization...

Quote:
Not neutral? Does it kind of feel like a one sided hidden camera video?
Kind of feels like they can dish it, but not take it.

Quote:
So you replied, however, no answer still to the question above? To what end are you creating/making/posting/distributing videos of RBM? What are you trying to accomplish?
To stir the pot would be my guess. Just wonder if he knows he walked into the lions den on this end. lol

Old 05-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #8
MidSouthMorphs
I feel the same about Peta, nothing ethical about euthanizing almost 84% of the animals surrendered to them. Seems to be worse than RBM when crunching the number.

Old 05-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #9
snowgyre
Colin, you also have a lot of gall coming to a website of reptile breeders when this is listed right at the bottom of the page you have linked in your post.

A video can be edited. Animals can be planted, employees can be led into giving answers that suit your agenda. Heck, your planted "employee" could've staged the whole thing. PETA is not a valid source of information. I will wait to see what the court decides before I believe anything you say.
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2016, 07:52 PM   #10
Lucille
Colin
I do not for one second believe that you have come here to be helpful to our community. Go peddle your PETA agenda elsewhere.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!