Bad Guy Longer Look Inside Reptiles by Mack, from PETA - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:11 PM   #21
Atrox1214
I think that PETA is a terrible organization and definitely hate them as much as anyone here. However, doesn't it trouble anyone else that RBM has never really denied any of the accusations? Even when the initial video came out, they didn't try to say that the video was fabricated or anything, they simply said that the condition of the animal was "not consistent with their standards" and gave a list of the way problems "should" be handled. There were definitely a lot of animals in really bad condition, and just because PETA is run by scumbags doesn't necessarily mean what is seen in the video isn't true.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #22
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
I just would like to say I deeply regret posting the original video a while back here on fauna. All that it did was ad attention. I was just so blown away at the moment. Since then I have educated myself a bit on PETA. I've never seen an animal organization so against animals before. There lies, cover ups, deception and spins are just disgusting.
I've been thinking about this since I initially posted and like I said I deeply regret doing it.
I would think only devil worshipers would support an organization such as PETA.
Atleast these few threads are here on fauna to open up people's eyes. That would be the one thing good that has come out of this situation.
Don't beat yourself up, the first video made the rounds really fast on Facebook and in other forums. If you hadn't posted it here then someone would have - and as you pointed out, it was debunked and the true horror stories about PETA got told.

At any rate a Google search on "PETA VDACS Reports" will tell the story for anyone who cares to look at the stats on PETA's high kill shelter.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #23
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrox1214 View Post
However, doesn't it trouble anyone else that RBM has never really denied any of the accusations? Even when the initial video came out, they didn't try to say that the video was fabricated or anything, they simply said that the condition of the animal was "not consistent with their standards" and gave a list of the way problems "should" be handled.
I was also bothered by the response RBM made.

[color="Blue"]Reminder to all - name calling is NOT allowed, regardless of how we may or may not feel about PETA and their efforts to ban keeping of any animals and their fight against the reptile industry specifically.COLOR]

Old 05-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #24
Atrox1214
Apologies for the name calling, guess I got too caught up trying to show I'm not on PETA's side, haha. Is there a way to edit that out of my post?

Old 05-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #25
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Lucille,
I agree 110%!

PeopleEatingTastyAnimals

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
IMO....
Marcus said it best!

"People for theEthicalTermination ofAnimals"

Ethical is unquestionably, VERY questionable....

Termination, no question about it!!

PETA should be abolished, they are nothing more than MURDERERS of defenseless critters!

Lynn Peterson
big Time Reptiles

Old 05-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #26
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
IMO....
Marcus said it best!

"People for theEthicalTermination ofAnimals"

Ethical is unquestionably, VERY questionable....

Termination, no question about it!!

PETA should be abolished, they are nothing more than MURDERERS of defenseless critters!

Lynn Peterson
big Time Reptiles
I agree with "Ethical" being very questionable.
Perhaps People for the Egregious Termination of Animals would work better ... or something along those lines.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:15 AM   #27
MesoCorney
Regardless of the unreliability of PETA, how are we continuously ignoring the deplorable conditions of these imports? We preach about being a good example of a reptile keeper while ignoring one on the biggest stains on the hobby.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:05 AM   #28
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
Regardless of the unreliability of PETA, how are we continuously ignoring the deplorable conditions of these imports? We preach about being a good example of a reptile keeper while ignoring one on the biggest stains on the hobby.
I am certain that there is room for improvement.
However, the questions are, just how much improvement is actually needed vs. how much has PETA "over dramatized"? How much did PETA "cherry pick", to show, vs. what is the general norm in/of/around the entire facility? How many of those animals, that were shown, recently arrived at the facility vs. having been there for any length of time? Plus, several other questions.
For the real truth, the "messenger/s" *has* to be something/someone other than PETA &/or their ilk.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:35 AM   #29
snowgyre
PETA is untrustworthy, end of story. There is no denying that some of those animals were in bad condition, but some are perfectly explainable with no abuse involved (e.g. feeder green/brown anoles arriving dead but being laid out as if they died at the facility instead of during shipping). As Deb mentioned, it's about the messenger, and PETA has cried wolf far too many times for me to trust a word coming out of their mouths.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #30
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
I am certain that there is room for improvement.
However, the questions are, just how much improvement is actually needed vs. how much has PETA "over dramatized"? How much did PETA "cherry pick", to show, vs. what is the general norm in/of/around the entire facility? How many of those animals, that were shown, recently arrived at the facility vs. having been there for any length of time? Plus, several other questions.
For the real truth, the "messenger/s" *has* to be something/someone other than PETA &/or their ilk.
Good point, creative editing can take a perfectly benign situation and make it look as if the subject is an animal abuser who should be locked away for life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!