Bad Guy Longer Look Inside Reptiles by Mack, from PETA - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:21 PM   #41
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Wyatt View Post
I would think only devil worshipers would support an organization such as PETA.
Hey now, don't lump a bunch of harmless devil worshipers in with PETA, even devil worshipers have a higher level of standards than that.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:44 AM   #42
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
Hey now, don't lump a bunch of harmless devil worshipers in with PETA, even devil worshipers have a higher level of standards than that.
LOL. Got to give you kudos for that one

Old 06-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #43
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
LOL. Got to give you kudos for that one
That was a good one.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #44
swahn
Always remember that the BOI has favorites--LLL, etc. They will always back their favorites regardless of the atrocities committed. Reptiles by Mack is a mill and a sickening importer, but they'll be defended here relentlessly.

Underground, Backwater, Reptile City, they're all devils here. It's all a joke. LLL could ship a snake corpse and they'd get defended here--perhaps blaming the USPS. The sick and dead animals at RBM must be PETAs fault, right?

Old 07-18-2016, 07:24 AM   #45
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by swahn View Post
Always remember that the BOI has favorites--LLL, etc. They will always back their favorites regardless of the atrocities committed. Reptiles by Mack is a mill and a sickening importer, but they'll be defended here relentlessly.

Underground, Backwater, Reptile City, they're all devils here. It's all a joke. LLL could ship a snake corpse and they'd get defended here--perhaps blaming the USPS. The sick and dead animals at RBM must be PETAs fault, right?
Did you even bother to read any of the threads on this subject?

No one here has defended Reptiles by Mack outright, but many people are skeptical because of PETA in the past using shady tactics to accomplish their end goal.

Almost every post in the thread where it was really discussed, found here, has stated that if obviously Reptiles by Mack has some flavor of problem - the degree of those problems has yet to be determined. Allow me to quote just one post for you.

Quote:
I actually agree. Even if we're to assume that some of that video was out of context - e.g., PETA possibly choosing to focus on newly-arrived animals that were severely injured and essentially doomed well before RBM ever had possession of them - there's still some disturbing stuff in that video that just doesn't seem so easily explained away by simple context. Unless there was a whole lot of scene-staging and outright fabrications by PETA - which seems like it may be a good time for a defamation lawsuit from someone who has both the means, and the confidence in their ability to defend their practices in a courtroom - it's looking pretty bad for RBM.

While I'd always made it a point to limit my own collection to a dozen or so, I can still understand how circumstances could easily lead to a big operation having numerous cages not being nearly as clean as they should be. I just think that what's shown in the video seems to pretty clearly display extended neglect that goes above and beyond what I think you'd ever be likely to see in the collection of a business that actually saw their stock as anything more than inanimate dollar sign$.

Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations about the quality of life that should be reasonably expected for the animals of a large-scale wholesale operation; I still think that whoever is actually responsible for much of any of what was shown in that video, is someone who shouldn't be involved in any aspect of the live-animal trade. If the video's truly as grossly misrepresented as their statement seems to be implying, I think it may not be an easy task to prove to the court of public opinion that even an appreciable percentage of that video is really that misrepresented and out of context.
It's clear you have a problem with LLL Reptiles - maybe you should take that issue to a thread about them. This one discusses Reptiles by Mack and is one of many on this subject - none of which have had blind defense of Reptiles by Mack.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #46
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by swahn View Post
Always remember that the BOI has favorites--LLL, etc.

Backwater
Oh, look who is back, how cute. Misspelled name on a brand new account.

So did you forget how to spell "Shawn" or did you mix up and use a surname for a first name on this account...oops. Seasoned veteran of the BOI with a new account, I think not.

Your 5 posts still o-o-o-o-ze like the same childish rants of Dr. Seuss's character "Sam I am".

"That Sam-I-am
That Sam-I-am!
I do not like
that Sam-I-am"

Old 07-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #47
cool cat
Peta scum bag !!!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #48
Fatalis
I take anything PETA says with less than a grain of salt, as they are animal murderers and scummy liars, but as an associate of a pet store where Reptiles By Mack are our sole reptile supplier they have shown how poorly they treat their animals. Last winter we had at least 3 ball pythons, and a few bearded dragons and leopard geckos die during shipping because they sent them out in terrible weather and freezing temperatures that should have never been acceptable. Their packing job was also deplorable and lacked proper heat packs and were always freezing cold when they arrived. We received a pied ball python that had a degenerative disease and had to be euthanized as there was nothing the vet could do to save him. In our most recent shipment we received a normal ball python who is extremely skinny and dehydrated, and is suspected to have internal parasites. I have personally ordered from Reptiles By Mack and received a beautiful, healthy ember leopard gecko through their Reptique program, but I can safely say I will never deal with Reptiles By Mack again after what I have seen and I count myself as lucky that the leopard gecko I received is still doing great to this day. I would advise people to not deal with Reptiles By Mack.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #49
Sue Henson
I had a fairly good experience with Reptile By Mack. I purchased a Banana Ball from them when they had them on sale for $150 (Some time in the late winter). I don't live that far away, so I opted to pick the snake up. I did not get a tour of the facility (with my two young children in tow. It wasn't even an option.) but it seemed clean and well set-up from what I saw. The sales rep that helped me saw to my needs as best she could, pulling a smaller snake for me. She had him ready to go before my arrival and the transaction was quick and easy.
The only thing I wasn't wild about was the boxing fees they tack on. I didn't really need an insulated shipping box for the 25 minute drive home we made, but it wasn't worth arguing about.
The snake is thriving thus far. He eats well, had a great weight on him when we got him, was mite and problem free. He came with a hatch certificate which even cited his preferred prey. It was a good experience for my kids and they continue to enjoy the snake.
I think most places that deal with large volumes of reptiles will have its share of good and bad experiences, hopefully far more good than bad. By no means do they set out to sell consumers ill or problematic animals. No one is infallible.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #50
The Magic maker
Quick Question

Repite by Mack do you guys separate animals that you sell wholesale vs animals that you sell to the general public?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!