Bad Guy Tommy T Radix, not cool - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:54 PM   #51
tlmoon
It looks to me like the OP got emotional about sending 4 more snakes, and proceeded based on being emotionally upset rather than trying to work things out. She seemed to get quite upset when all of the 6 sent were males - I'm not clear why: feeling bad that Tommy only got males, or that she sent all the males away? When Tommy then mentions the other 4, she kind of flips out about sending more of "her little snakes" away and then posts a bad guy thread.

I don't see that Tommy did anything wrong. I can understand if Nancy started to regret the arrangement, or felt stressed out about shipping the snakes. But to make a bad guy post bashing the guy seems rather unfair, to say the least. Especially without making an attempt to come to another agreement. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but this doesn't seem like very rational behavior...if the OP would post further to clear things up that would probably help.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:26 AM   #52
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
It looks to me like the OP got emotional about sending 4 more snakes, and proceeded based on being emotionally upset rather than trying to work things out. She seemed to get quite upset when all of the 6 sent were males - I'm not clear why: feeling bad that Tommy only got males, or that she sent all the males away? When Tommy then mentions the other 4, she kind of flips out about sending more of "her little snakes" away and then posts a bad guy thread.

I don't see that Tommy did anything wrong. I can understand if Nancy started to regret the arrangement, or felt stressed out about shipping the snakes. But to make a bad guy post bashing the guy seems rather unfair, to say the least. Especially without making an attempt to come to another agreement. Maybe I'm just missing something here, but this doesn't seem like very rational behavior...if the OP would post further to clear things up that would probably help.
i fully understand how emotional your first litter is. my first litter is still in my collection. all 21 of them so i didnt expect her to send that many but when she said she would i put together a group of babies i had based on the lil info that was provided. she likes concinnus and wanted something special. so i picked a few abberant looking ones from each litter. (i had 5 litters in 2 days) all valued over $150 each. plus was going to let her pick from the next litter but since the trade went from 10 to 6 i was just going to trade concinnus but never got that far. she went off grid lol i see alot of bad guy threads and its usually the "bad guy" who is missing and the op who posts the proof. i feel i have done nothing wrong and proved that by posting the proof for her in hopes i would be able to get a response and get this over with. i dont care if its 6 months from now and i get a email saying she replied. ahe will get what is owed but she has to contact me in order for that to happen. snakes come and go but a good rep in the hobby is a must. i have built a pretty good reputation being straight forward with people and giving as much info as i can on my animals and giving deals to those who are less fortunate. i run 2 contests a year with whatever the newest morph is in my collection at the time. the next one will be for a worlds first morph and i do it so there is always a winner.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #53
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMYTRADIX View Post
i dont get mad ever but this has me a lil irrriatated. i never heard of anyone send stuff first on a trade then say they are done and bam theyre gone....lol
Your attitude about the situation is awesome and quite rare for somebody who has been wronged in this way. Sure she hasn't really hurt you because most people see this but anyone who doesn't bother to read the entire thread may base thier judgement on the title which is the one thing that sucks about the boi. Like I said it really bothers me when some of the honest breeders who have in some way contributed to a problem that results in a boi post even if they did make an effort to right thier wrong take the boi posts as something that gives them the right to say they no longer owe the person who posted it, because it's the same thing scammers do. They make a deal, screw the other person over and use the person calling thier scam as an excuse to act angry and back out aND say they will no longer make good on the deal even though they never intended to. That and "he's threatened legal action so I can't talk about the matter anymore unless through my attorney" knowing the threat of legal action is likely a last ditch bluff and would be too costly. If I ever need garter snakes you'll be the first person I buy from lol.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #54
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
Your attitude about the situation is awesome and quite rare for somebody who has been wronged in this way. Sure she hasn't really hurt you because most people see this but anyone who doesn't bother to read the entire thread may base thier judgement on the title which is the one thing that sucks about the boi. Like I said it really bothers me when some of the honest breeders who have in some way contributed to a problem that results in a boi post even if they did make an effort to right thier wrong take the boi posts as something that gives them the right to say they no longer owe the person who posted it, because it's the same thing scammers do. They make a deal, screw the other person over and use the person calling thier scam as an excuse to act angry and back out aND say they will no longer make good on the deal even though they never intended to. That and "he's threatened legal action so I can't talk about the matter anymore unless through my attorney" knowing the threat of legal action is likely a last ditch bluff and would be too costly. If I ever need garter snakes you'll be the first person I buy from lol.
thanks.
like i said, she has snakes coming to her. i have 78 babies right now and a lot more on the way. even though i got all males and dont need males i was never upset about it. so i dont understand why she was so upset. i didnt complain and didnt demand more just asked her about the other 4 cause she said 4 more were supposed to come and the chances of those all being male are zero. in my last message i made her an offer on 2 things. the first was to send her equal amount (not value) of concinnus. i was going to do snake for snake since im the ones who needs the deal the most and the concinnus market price is $125-$175 and $45-$95 for pugets. there are a few yellows and a few blues. the blues are worth more to me than the market price and ill sell them for more and told her that. i told her that. the second offer was to send her my adult male breeder on a loan next year because she was planning on breeding a cali red side to a puget which would produce hybrids. (i didnt realize that i didnt mention that to her lol) i offered she pay shipping there and i pay shipping back and we split the litter even steven. you could have said not to any offer then a new offer would be made availible since she had no clue what she wanted and i didnt have much to go on.only knew what i have to offer.

it dosent bother me that this is up here. if people want to buy something from me and are too lazy to read through this they were probably too lazy to do proper research on the husbandry of the garter they want and thats not where i want my snakes to be. i put countless hours into eduacating people and just talking about garters as you can see i didnt avoid her or any of her questions and answered them the best i could. if she wasnt happy with our communications the next person she buys from is in a world of trouble lol most people wont spend hours explaining every single detail there is from birth to breeding and send individual pics of 78 garters lol i recently typed up a 5 page care sheet to send out with every purchase to avoid most questions. sorta like a manual for garters haha anyway ill keep check back for her reply. not sure why she dosent want what is owed since she posted this for attention. im actually glad she did this now i can get some clarity on what the hell she wants. lol

Old 07-18-2016, 10:36 AM   #55
Qwerty3159
I purchased a snake from Tommy in December of last year. He was not arrogant, was very pleasant, and seemed happy to deal with me and did not seem "greed motivated." He could have easily taken advantage of my newbie status, but this is not the kind of person I believe Tommy to be and he did no such thing. It would have been really easy for him to do so, too. But he didn't.
I don't see where any of the accusations about him being unpleasant stem from, as from what I can see the OP was the one up in arms.
The OP did state that it was a very busy time for her. Perhaps she let stress from other parts of life get the best of her in this situation, but I don't think that justifies immediately calling Mr. Hamilton greedy and unpleasant.

Long story short, I am a very satisfied customer of Tommy T. Radix and if I wanted one of his for-sale animals, I would certainly make another purchase from him without hesitation. I suppose its always nice to prove what you've said, so I attached a screenshot from the day I received the snake and posted about it on a garter snake forum and a picture of the snake from recently.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:22 AM   #56
AaronBayer
my $0.02...

I cant tell whether or not Tommy is owed 4 more snakes... kind of a grey area in my opinion, but it should be obvious to anyone that not only has he done nothing wrong, but he has provided nothing but great customer service and been very kind/patient with Nancy... I would have lost my mind dealing with all of that off-topic nonsense.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:43 AM   #57
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty3159 View Post
I purchased a snake from Tommy in December of last year. He was not arrogant, was very pleasant, and seemed happy to deal with me and did not seem "greed motivated." He could have easily taken advantage of my newbie status, but this is not the kind of person I believe Tommy to be and he did no such thing. It would have been really easy for him to do so, too. But he didn't.
I don't see where any of the accusations about him being unpleasant stem from, as from what I can see the OP was the one up in arms.
The OP did state that it was a very busy time for her. Perhaps she let stress from other parts of life get the best of her in this situation, but I don't think that justifies immediately calling Mr. Hamilton greedy and unpleasant.

Long story short, I am a very satisfied customer of Tommy T. Radix and if I wanted one of his for-sale animals, I would certainly make another purchase from him without hesitation. I suppose its always nice to prove what you've said, so I attached a screenshot from the day I received the snake and posted about it on a garter snake forum and a picture of the snake from recently.
thanks for the update. she is looking very healthy and her red has really came in nicely.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #58
TOMMYTRADIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronBayer View Post
my $0.02...

I cant tell whether or not Tommy is owed 4 more snakes... kind of a grey area in my opinion, but it should be obvious to anyone that not only has he done nothing wrong, but he has provided nothing but great customer service and been very kind/patient with Nancy... I would have lost my mind dealing with all of that off-topic nonsense.

im owed nothing. it would have been nice to get a female though. it was a loose agreement and she agreed to more than she was emotionally ready to give up. i simply asked about the other 4 and she lost it. she is owed 6 concinnus as i understand it. im in the same boat as everyone else and have no clue where i went wrong to upset her to that extent.

not many things bother me to the point where i would be any less patient or nice to anyone. unpleasant people are easily killed with kindness. they want things to escalate into an argument. dont give them that option.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:16 PM   #59
RyanT
She sounds like an inept hick living in her own little bubble (by choice). Very typical of her neck o' the Pennsylvania woods. You (Tom) were much more patient than I would have been, I have no tolerance for imbeciles.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:25 PM   #60
senusenu
I snooped at her post history for giggles and saw several posts of her crying about being a "pet only" buyer and asking sellers to lower their prices. Just because you don't intend to breed (which could be a fib as a ploy for cheaper stock) doesn't change the value of the animal to the seller.

I read through the whole message postings and that woman would absolutely exhaust me with her rambling and neediness.

I don't think Tommy is a bad guy here, he seems extremely even-tempered about the entire ordeal and wants to still uphold his end of the bargain. That's a lot more than many sellers would offer after having a bad guy posted about them.

Honestly, I'm simply baffled about what it is that set her off. Perhaps she decided she'd rather have the cash cow of baby snakes? I don't get it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!