WARNING Exotic Reptiles Prem Advani potential bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-29-2003, 12:34 AM   #1
AnalogKid
Unhappy WARNING Exotic Reptiles Prem Advani potential bad guy

Hello everyone! I was about to buy a male Eastern box turtle from this Exotic Reptiles Prem Advani guy, and I am glad I did my research first. I had seen that another person on this board reported him as a bad guy last Dec 2002. This was concerning a shipment of DOA snappers that appeared to not be resolved. I took this as a warning, but I figured that maybe he was better now about shipping and care. I sent emails asking about the turtle, pics are on Kingsnake.com of the turtles, very nice looking specimens. I did get a reply saying they were still avaliable and how much. So I sent emails asking about health guarantees and such, no replies, but I thought maybe I did not give enough time, so I called his number in the ads. He said his turtles were healthy and he would give health guarantees in writing in email. I then called back later to tell him I would use paypal, and that I might be interested in a spiny softshell too, but he said those were in a warehouse in California, not at his place? He said he would send pics of turtles in email , and give health guarantees in writing. He said the turtles were kept outside, and he "thought" he had a couple like I wanted out there. (this may be how he did find out about the sick female below, he actually went outside to check on his turtles...) But then, later on tonight, I get no replies, but I see on the Kingsnake Website that he has posted "Help, Sick Eastern Box Turtle Female!!", and the post states that "anyone that can help please take her." And then he has another post stating his website is up for sale, hes getting out of the turtle business, and then he has another posting offering red ear slider babies!!! Any turtle keeper knows that RI is catchy, and if that female had contact with the other turtles, then all could have it and not show signs until stressed or later on, if he could not treat one turtle, he could not treat any. A vet needs to be called immediately, for they usually will not live more then a week when they start showing obvious signs of RI. They need a series of treatments. At the very least, the only good thing about this is that he was asking for help for the turtle, but he does need to take reposibility. So, the previous post about Prem Advani helped me to investigate further, so I am posting for everyone to know what is going on, and to use caution. I love my turtles and torts, and RI is scary, I do not want to see anyone getting a sick turtle, only to infect their healthy stock. It makes me sad and angry to see people that anyone, let alone people that actually sell animals not take responsibility for ones that are sick, wanting others to "bail them out" at the cost of the poor creatures lives. Sad indeed..............Thanks for reading this, I know it is long but I had to report this...........

Old 09-30-2003, 03:46 PM   #2
craig268
Re: Prem Aveni

This guy appears to be a hustler. He seems to know very little about turtles and cares even less.

He's probably in it for a quick buck. I've heard many complaints about this guy on other boards as well including import violations regarding Canadian Law.

He often posts on Turtle Times using several names.

Best thing is to run from this guy quickly.

Craig Baker

Old 09-30-2003, 03:52 PM   #3
craig268
Correction: Prem Advani not Aveni

My mistake on the name spelling.

He oftens posts as Boxie Boy on Turtletimes.com and is based out of the Bronx in New York City.

Website is http://www.exoticreptile.com

He states "THIS WEB SITE IS FOR SALE! LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY! WE WILL HELP YOU TO GET STARTED! CALL (914) 843 5331 OR E-MAIL US EXOTICREPTILES2003@YAHOO.COM TO FIND OUT MORE"

Dude is clearly looking to make a buck.

Old 09-30-2003, 10:45 PM   #4
herpetological
Actually we just posted last month about him. Still no replys or refunds. Not Surprised!!!!!!!!Tell him to ship the boxie to us.....at least we can treat and quarantine it!!!! Man this pi...es me off!!! Sorry Ray G. HBR www.herpbreedingresearch.com

Old 09-30-2003, 11:38 PM   #5
AnalogKid
I realize now that it was only last month not year that this happened with the snappers (duh, it was hot!!!Not Dec. for sure!!!!), I am new posting and I got confused by looking at the wrong date!! I should have known he would not have learned!! I forgot to add, I did ask him about the snappers, told him I read it on the BOI. (this was over the phone) He replied that was not him and that he knew nothing about it and that he did not ship dead animals. He says he always uses plenty of insulation and packing material, the "whole 9 yards" he said. And overnight shipping and money back guarantees. (funny how he would never put any of this in writing even though I asked...) He stated that it must be someone else. But his name is on the shipping box...he lies so much I think he believes himself after awhile!! Those poor lil guys!!! He wrote back to me once too, after I told him about what I saw, and he stated that the box turtles were already sold out anyway. Sold in a day!! Yeah, right! It is too bad that turtles had to die or get sick in order to figure this guy out, but I guess thats how it goes on the net, we cant see this guy or the conditions his animals live in, but at least we can post here to warn others. (Thank you, Person in charge of this board, and thank you everyone!!)

Old 10-02-2003, 01:15 AM   #6
COBRAMAN
Man, I wish this " Exotic Reptiles Prem Advani guy" would change his name. It is way too close to ours (Exotic Reptiles Jungle). I had a call today from someone who thought this post was about us.
Sorry to hear of that kind of business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!