Economy Racks from AP - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:55 PM   #21
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
They have flex watt. I had mine built with it. They installed and wired it for me.
I just e-mailed them about it, they come with cable from what they told me. I wonder why I was told that yet you own one with flexwatt. Was it different as far as pricing than whats advertised?

Old 10-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
SPJ
My rack was the first and only one they made with flexwatt wired and installed. I thought he had already started offering it. My mistake. They are not offering the flexwatt yet.

Old 10-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #23
Xavier
mind letting us know how much that cost you, you pleased with it?

Old 10-28-2006, 11:06 PM   #24
SPJ
It was $400 and then $75 for shipping. Same as the price listed on the site.
I am very happy with it so far. Heats great and hold humidity really well. I had to add extra holes to the tubs because it holds humidity so well.
They pack these things to survive anything during shipping. Mine came in 5 boxes. All of the holes lined up perfectly and it came with dozens of extra screws. No chance of not having the right amount of screws when you start putting it together. It is also VERY heavy. A lot heavier than I had thought it would be.
I plan on switching out my other racks with these in the future.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:58 AM   #25
PaulSage
They can/will make racks for heat tape if you ask. All 14 of mine were built to accomodate 4" heat tape that I installed myself. The heat tape wasn't included with the racks, although they did discount each rack $25 I think. The way that they router (?) the shelves for the heat tape is really quite impressive. Being six feet tall, they are rather heavy, but not so much that I can't move them around by myself. I hope AP keeps making them for at least as long as I own herps, because I honestly can't picture a more perfect rack for my projects.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #26
SPJ
Someone else has heat tape. Cool. I talked to Mark. Mine was not the first with heat tape just the first one that they installed it on before shipping it.
The heat tape works great.
They installed mine when I asked since I was afraid it wouldn't fit together as planned if I did it myself.
I think giving up the $25 discount to have them do the wiring and installation was well worth it.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #27
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSage
They can/will make racks for heat tape if you ask. All 14 of mine were built to accomodate 4" heat tape that I installed myself. The heat tape wasn't included with the racks, although they did discount each rack $25 I think. The way that they router (?) the shelves for the heat tape is really quite impressive. Being six feet tall, they are rather heavy, but not so much that I can't move them around by myself. I hope AP keeps making them for at least as long as I own herps, because I honestly can't picture a more perfect rack for my projects.

So thats what all that 4" flexwatt was for..lol.. You must have alot of racks my good man

Dennis: I don't think I saw it in the thread but is your room heated higher than normal? I am going to make an order with AP soon was trying to decide on the open or closed racks.. For 70 bucks I am liking the open ones.lol All my rack are AP and I have tried others but sold them to replace with AP's, best I have seen...

Old 11-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #28
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGReptiles
So thats what all that 4" flexwatt was for..lol.. You must have alot of racks my good man
Yessir. And thanks again for special ordering it for me so quickly!

Old 11-07-2006, 05:41 AM   #29
hhmoore
I'm thinking about asking them for a custom job in the economy series - the more open rack style is just what I need for this application, but the box size I want is one nobody uses (well, nobody makes racks for, anyway). I'll let you know how it turns out, if I go that route

Old 11-07-2006, 06:48 AM   #30
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGReptiles
Dennis: I don't think I saw it in the thread but is your room heated higher than normal? I am going to make an order with AP soon was trying to decide on the open or closed racks.. For 70 bucks I am liking the open ones.lol All my rack are AP and I have tried others but sold them to replace with AP's, best I have seen...
I actually have this rack in the front room of my house. I am for now keeping my BP's away from my Boas. But, the room is at the same temp as the rest of my house, 78f.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!