plastic cage, flexx watt, go together?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
LISETTE1
plastic cage, flexx watt, go together??

I have 2 cages made of pretty durable plastic. I think they may be older Vision cages. I am setting them up and want to use the most simple of heat sources for under the belly heat. Can I use flex watt, under the tank or in the tank and if So how do I attach it?

Can I use a Zoo Med UTH on the plastic cage?

Please reply and thanks for your time and opinions.

Mike

Old 11-28-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
KrisGarner
I use 11" flexwatt under my plastic cages. It is attached with foil tape around the edges. I have my thermostat probe inside of the cage taped down in the center of the heated area. I use the t-stat to control the heat tape, but check the temps on top of the paper with a IR temp gun.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
liquidleaf
I'd go with Flexwatt if I were you, simply for the fact that you can move and replace it easily. I used to use the stick-on type UTH heaters (still have a few) - they are a pain to unpeel and replace if something goes wrong with them.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
MGReptiles
Flexwatt and foil tape are ging to be your best bets.. Super easy to use and cheap.. Do ya have some pics of the cage, I am sure myself of one of the guys or gals here woudl be abel to identify them for you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!