Allergic to Burmese Python Saliva? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:03 AM   #1
jeedmunds
Allergic to Burmese Python Saliva?

Hey guys!

I've been owning snakes of many species for about 10 years and therefore have also been bitten by quite a few as well. I've recently been bitten by a juvenile Burmese Python about a week ago and the site is still raised and has been itching as well. Can there be an allergy to Burmese Python saliva? (I've been bitten by balls, retics, white lipped pythons, but no reaction like this.)

TIA

Name:  12793.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  206.0 KB

Name:  12789.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  184.1 KB

Old 08-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
Herpin Man
I am unaware of allergies to snake saliva, particularly species specific. It seems unlikely to me, but who knows. More likely is that there is bacteria from the snakes mouth causing the reaction. Many snakes have anticoagulants in their saliva which might cause a reaction. It could also be that there are teeth which broke off in your skin, causing a reaction.

Old 08-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
Tim Cole
I had a friend bitten by a burm in the early 70's and he also appeared to have an allergic reaction and was hospitalized for it.

Old 08-26-2020, 04:05 PM   #4
Gd_constrictors
Could of popped a vein or something I was bit by a juvie burm on my finger and caused it to swell and sting also have been bit by one of my big boas in the exact spot which caused swelling and stinging (itching)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bite, bites, burmese, python, snake bite