ESU Digital thermometers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
PythonWallace
ESU Digital thermometers

Does anyone know how accurate these digital thermometers with the black probe are?

Old 11-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #2
number1steakfan
They are ok I bought one but the big problem is that it takes at least 2 hours to get a accurate temp.The temp keeps going up and up and then it stops then goes up by the time it levels off your little buddy knock it off the basking spot your better off stepping up to something like a laser thermeters like tempgun its only a few dollars more.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
MGReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonWallace
Does anyone know how accurate these digital thermometers with the black probe are?

They are fairly accurate but compaired to a raytek they are kind of lacking..

Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 AM   #4
markface
i checked one against my next door neighbors weather stations thermometer over a week long period and it was always within 1.7 degrees . not perfect , but not too far off i guess . i use them for a general reference , but i also use a raytek to get a more exact reading .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!