Is this a scam???? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
customoverload
Is this a scam????

im wanting to buy a fennec fox off a guy in georgia. He said send the money western union and we will ship the fox. I have been talking to him for a week and have his phone number. He seems pretty legit. He said he doesnt have an id so do the password thing, but when i said i would that he would have to have an id he replied that his cousin has an id and would do it. I told him i would only transfer half and when i received the fox i would do the rest, and he could call my bank because I have been there more then five years and also at my house for 3 years. I said he has been scamed befor but that he will put faith in this one more time since i was willing to give him all that information.

WHAT DO YALL THINK??????

Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
TattooLost
sounds like a scam. i'd definitely get more personal info before I sent ANY money. at least that way if he rips you off for half the money, you can go after him via his local police department and/or the FBI's internet crimes division. I'd ask for a lot more info and a pic of him holding the kit for sale, with like him holding a peace sign or something, so you know he actually HAS the kit, and you have a picture of his face.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Shadera
In this day and age of credit cards and paypal, it a pretty sure bet that if someone is wanting to sell you a high dollar item and wants to be paid via western union and won't take anything else it's a scam. I'd continue my search for someone who at least leaves you an avenue to dispute it if something goes wrong.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Be CAREFUL with paypal. If he transfers the money to hsi bank, and then witdraws it, and there is nothing in there, there is absolutely LITTLE you can do.

Dont send it western Union. I would ask to see MANY pictures of the kit first, with a dated newspaper/piece of paper, and as well as his face. Get ALL the information you can!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
John E Dove
There was a Fennec Fox scammer exposed here once and Western Union is the scammers choice of payments because you can't track them down once they get the money under a phony name.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=120732
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=121054

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Be CAREFUL with paypal. If he transfers the money to hsi bank, and then witdraws it, and there is nothing in there, there is absolutely LITTLE you can do.
Yeah, but at least if you use a credit card through paypal, you can still file a dispute with your card company. A screwing via western union leaves you with no way to go after your money.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
hhmoore
I'd be careful...as mentioned, the mammal section has had a lot of scammer activity in the not so distant past.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
customoverload
yea ill just ask for a pic thanks

Old 01-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
customoverload
this is the thread

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=125632

Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #10
texasnewbie
Personally I would buy closer to home so you can pick up in person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!