Bad Guy Gastro 3003 (PLEASE BUYERS BEWARE) !!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
TortsRUs-ADAM
Gastro 3003 (PLEASE BUYERS BEWARE) !!!

On 5/17/16 I sent the payment of $927 to Robert Brunner for a 7" Aldabra tortoise he claimed he had for sale. Later that day I was told by him that the tortoise had been sold, he was going to review his PayPal account the following morning and send me my refund. On 5/18/16 he sent me an email stating that he was charged with his sons school tuition and he could no longer refund me my full purchase amount because it was no longer in his PayPal account. Later that day he refunded me $475 from my original $927 purchase. I opened a PayPal claim that day, so I'm now awaiting to get my refund on the ending balance of my purchase.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 05-24-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
Small correction. The username is Gastro3003.

Adam, you should send him a link to this thread, too, just so he can engage publicly. You might have already done so for all I know. Just mentioning it.

Also, posting communications would be a good idea just to get them out of the way. I am sure they will be requested.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #3
Snake-Queen
Could you post all communications? I'm slightly confused as why he would sell it to you, then tell you it was sold.

Have you notified him of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #4
TortsRUs-ADAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Could you post all communications? I'm slightly confused as why he would sell it to you, then tell you it was sold.

Have you notified him of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent the funds in hopes of the tortoise still being available on 5/17/16. Approximately 1hr after I sent the funds he sent me an email stating the tortoise had been sold locally 2 minutes prior to me sending the funds. I than requested him to send me my full refund.

The following day on 5/18/16 he claimed he didn't have all of money due to a charge on his account from his sons school tuition.

I will be uploading images of our communication that was done via email.

Thanks,
Adam

Old 05-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #5
Marie84
Ugh...Seriously? He spent your money IMMEDIATELY before even telling you the animal was sold? :/ Totally negligent.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:44 PM   #6
Cyclosaura
Upon seeing his second ad for a second Aldabra for sale to the first person to PayPal him the money I saw many red flags. Never really thought it to be real but decided since I can pay with my money protected I will give it a shot. So I sent the payment of 925 via credit card on PayPal. Anyone that uses PayPal or speaks with them knows when you pay like this the money is removed from the buyers account and held by PayPal until the product is sent. The seller will have access to the funds once the product is received and in good condition. I was immediately refunded the money and told to send "as a gift". Again, anyone that knows PayPal knows that this is the only way you can lose your money. Sending as a gift provides no buyer protection and the person can just run off with your money.

After speaking to PayPal they mentioned that he had opened up his PayPal account that day, which was funny to me because he said he sold an Aldabra a few days earlier via PayPal. The only picture he could provide was an old grainy one and said he would ship it in 10 days, to make sure it was healthy, again making no sense.

The only thing that made me really curious was to see he has been a member here since 2014. I will keep what I think of the situation to myself, just chose to share the facts from what had happened. I hope no one sent him those funds that he so desperately needed "as a gift"

Old 05-24-2016, 12:51 PM   #7
TortsRUs-ADAM
Do u want aldabra or I will relist

If you drop the paypal I can send u ur money in a week ..

Now I can use paypal at all

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/18/2016 3:17 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Aldabra

No I don't won't anything from you, all I won't is my money back.

I've been asking you for my refund since yesterday (literally 1 hr after I sent you the funds).

I'm giving you 1 hr to send me my full refund. I know a ton of people in the tortoise reptile industry, so please do the right thing and send me my full refund now!

Thanks,
Adam

On May 18, 2016, at 12:02 PM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

Please do not do that

I have perfect t feedback

A direct deposit came out my account today

I will have the rest in a few days unless u want the aldabra

Bob

Date: 5/18/2016 2:40 PM (GMT-05:00)

I will be contacting PayPal and writing some reviews on fauna! I don't want part of my refund I WANT MY ENTIRE REFUND by the end of the day!

Thanks,
Adam

On May 18, 2016, at 11:34 AM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

I just sent you back about $500. That's all I have in my account now. My account will be replenished next week. I would not accept the deposit less than $300. Honestly we used to sell them for 2000 and peace and we used to take and 800 or $900 deposit on all of them. I'm sorry you feel that a $300 deposit is too much for a $3,000 + tortoise! We are not talking about a red foot here

Date: 5/18/2016 2:16 PM (GMT-05:00)

I'm not willing to leave any deposit other than $100. If you can't do this send me my refund. I shouldn't have to be asking for my refund.

I'm not going to be negotiating with you. It's plan and simple if you can't do $100 deposit than there's nothing else to say.

Thanks,
Adam

On May 18, 2016, at 11:06 AM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

And that's usually not what we do .....
But you seem like a nice guy

BEAUTIFUL Facebook page

Nice Collection!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 5/18/2016 1:26 PM (GMT-05:00)

No thanks. I would like my refund. In the near future if you have and aldabras for sale and they are ready to ship out as soon as I pay than we have a deal if we come to an agreement on price. As of now I would like to refunded!

Thanks,
Adam

On May 18, 2016, at 10:12 AM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

It is

I can send u back 25 dollars for ur hassle but we need the rest to hold him

We have literally Hundreds buy from us...we make our money in volume

That aldabra with anyone else would be easily 2700 plus

Should be 4 weeks

If you are not interested NP

Bob

Date: 5/18/2016 12:47 PM (GMT-05:00)

Ok sounds great I'll take it if it's over 6.25" and closer to 7" for $859 shipped.

Send me my refund and I'll send you a small deposit and when the animal is ready to ship I'll send the ending balance.

Thanks,
Adam

On May 18, 2016, at 9:37 AM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

Ok
He said it's just shy of 5" now and in 4-6 weeks it should be just shy or just about 7"

..that's a SINGLE inch less than the one sold yesterday

Perfect scutes ...even nicer shapethan one sold yesterday ..perfect specimen

He said it is ur for 859 shipped .. He will ship using SYR...which will cost him well over 100
Bucks but is the right way to do it

Bob

Date: 5/18/2016 12:00 PM (GMT-05:00)

Not interested in paying the same price for a smaller tortoise.

Thanks,
Adam

On May 18, 2016, at 8:43 AM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'll ask my brother

Probably on fauna 800...900 ship included

It's up to you. The other one sold in literally 3 minutes. If you would like it would be yours.

He doesn't like to sit on FS ads...he has 4 adults on an acre of land with a " heat shed"

It will grow the inch in 4-6 weeks....

He power feeds them

The reason he doesn't want to ship it now is because he had one experience where he shipped one this size and it did not arrive alive according to the buyer and it was a big hassle.

Bob

Date: 5/18/2016 10:41 AM (GMT-05:00)

I highly doubt the tortoise will grow 1" in the next 5-6 weeks. I'm really not looking for anything smaller than the one you just sold.

Just curious as to how much you would be asking for a 4.5" Aldabra? If it's worth it I would highly consider it.

Please refund me!

Thanks,
Adam

On May 17, 2016, at 7:52 PM, robertbrunnermd <robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com> wrote:

Adam

Just FYI
He has one that is 3.5 inches that will be ready to ship in 5-6 weeks ( he won't ship less than 4.5 inches ) ..Also perfect

If u would like it before it hits fauna let me know

Good night

Date: 5/17/2016 7:55 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: robertbrunnermd@yahoo.com
Subject: Aldabra

Is the tortoise still for sale? I can send the funds now. Please send me a pic!

Thanks,
Adam

Old 05-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
He said it's just shy of 5" now and in 4-6 weeks it should be just shy or just about 7"
Sure, sure.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
Snake-Queen
Adam, there appears to be an email missing, unless the communication where he states the tortoise had sold, is in a different format.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:10 PM   #10
TortsRUs-ADAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Adam, there appears to be an email missing, unless the communication where he states the tortoise had sold, is in a different format.

There is still several emails missing, I erased someone stuff on my phone because my memory on my phone was full. I'm on my computer now trying to transfer emails back onto my phone. Once I have retrieved all communication I will post it up shortly.

Thanks,
Adam

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!