Bad Guy Ken Foose - Exotic Pets - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #11
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeguBuzz View Post
The first line in his second paragraph of that last post seems to tell us otherwise Lucille.
I really wanted him to respond and tell me that without giving the seller a chance to make it right, and saying he was OK with the animals, and saying that he neither quarantined nor looked closely at these snakes yet it putting the fault of mites on Ken.
Really, I'm not sure other sellers will want to deal with this buyer. One should always go to the seller first for and explanation or an opportunity to make something right.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #12
tcp2
This is a good example of why it is often a thankless job to sell live animals. Ken is a good guy and has been doing this forever. This does not even remotely qualify as a bad guy thread.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #13
Deborah Stewart
As a general rule regardless of who the seller might be, I believe the least you can do when unhappy about a transaction is to contact the seller and see if things can get worked out, prior to using the BOI and posting a bad guy thread without giving the seller a chance.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:08 PM   #14
piedpipper
As I said in my first post the mites were simply a speculation. Forget I ever said anything about mites I suppose I was venting a little bit after the discovery and didn't realize what kind of an impact this would have. I can't think of any other explanations as to how they originated but I do not want to blame Ken without knowing for sure. I am sorry that I started out sounding that way. Mites aside however, the animals were misrepresented. Like, I said I suppose it was not a huge issue and I just wanted to make it known. I didn't realize how big of a deal it was to make a "bad guy" thread. Had I known I probably wouldn't have posted in the first place.

@Lucille, I realize I should have talked to Ken immediately after receiving the animals if I had wanted something done about the situations. BUT as I said I was OK with the animals, its just that it wasn't what I was expecting.

I'm sorry if this thread negatively affected Ken. I did not intend that I just wanted to share my experience and tell other buyers of his DMRB's (since the same ad is still up on KS) that they will likely receive animals similar to mine.

And I did realize there were other heading options (either question or info) of which neither qualified for what my post was about. I do believe my talk of mites was going overboard and I should not have mentioned that part at all. Again, this post has gone a little out of hand from what I originally intended.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #15
piedpipper
And I do believe you are right Deborah. I should have voiced my surprise when first receiving the animals. We all make mistakes and I will be sure to do that next time. I hadn't planned on posting until my mite problem arose which I suppose caused me to want to "vent" a bit. I think we are all prone to that and as I said I did not intend to throw accusations around. I apologize for anyone that may have been harmed by this.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #16
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I really wanted him to respond and tell me that without giving the seller a chance to make it right, and saying he was OK with the animals, and saying that he neither quarantined nor looked closely at these snakes yet it putting the fault of mites on Ken.

Really, I'm not sure other sellers will want to deal with this buyer. One should always go to the seller first for and explanation or an opportunity to make something right.

I agree.

The OP didn't even give the seller a chance to explain or make him happy.

There are four choices:
Good Guy
Bad Guy
Inquiry
Info

You could have chosen info, instead you chose bad guy.

The only bad guy I see is you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #17
leftycrane
Thats a little harsh. The OP doesnt seem to be a bad guy, just new and a little confused as to procedures. Way too soon to call him a bad guy IMO

Old 05-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #18
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedpipper View Post
And I do believe you are right Deborah. I should have voiced my surprise when first receiving the animals. We all make mistakes and I will be sure to do that next time. I hadn't planned on posting until my mite problem arose which I suppose caused me to want to "vent" a bit. I think we are all prone to that and as I said I did not intend to throw accusations around. I apologize for anyone that may have been harmed by this.

Whatever your intention, you did make accusations; all without contacting the seller. That alone would make me avoid doing business with you.

Apologizing is a good start, that reflects well on you. If I was you, I'd contact Ken, maybe send an apology by email.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #19
Lucille
Quote:

I do like the animals I got and will be taking excellent care of them. I'm just disappointed at the dishonesty in this transaction.
Excellent care means quarantining your new stock. And to use the word dishonesty after you speculated about mites (two weeks later after you had not quarantined) and decided Ken should be at fault, is dishonest in itself.
I would not sell anything to you, you do not know how to behave.

Quote:
I did not intend to throw accusations around.
You did throw accusations around and here, you are responsible for your words.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #20
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftycrane View Post
Thats a little harsh. The OP doesnt seem to be a bad guy, just new and a little confused as to procedures. Way too soon to call him a bad guy IMO

I disagree.

This was a clear info thread, because he wanted to share information, yet he chose bad guy.

He speculated about where the mites came from, even tho he didn't practice ANY quarantine.

He did NOT contact the seller AT ALL before posting here.

IMO, he is the bad guy here. Greenhorn or not, there are certain "rules" when conducting business.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!