Bad Guy Ken Foose - Exotic Pets - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #21
piedpipper
I did see the "info" thread but I though this was to "request" info on a certain seller. If I had known I could choose that I would have chose that. If it is possible for mods to switch this to an info thread I would much appreciate it.

I am new here and as I said I had no idea how serious it was to make a bad guy thread. I simply though this area was to post reviews on transactions and such. I only had a couple of complaints I wished to voice and I didn't realize the repercussions. As I said before we all make mistakes, this being one of mine. Calling me a bad guy and repeatedly saying you would not sell to me is a bit harsh considering I completely didn't understand the seriousness of this (I didn't even know how well regarded Ken is in the reptile community). I should have looked posts up on Ken first to see what others thought before posting this. As I said before I think I was venting a bit and I apologize for it.

@leftycrane - Thank you for understanding my perspective on this.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:50 PM   #22
Ken Foose
This is the first time I have heard of any problem. I took photos of these snkes a day or so before I shipped them and sent them to you, as requested. i only had one pair left, so there was no bait and switch. I would never do that anyway. There's no need to misrepresent anything. And we were feeding them large fuzzy mice here. Perhaps not hoppers, and I recommend pinkys to let them adjust to a new home. I'm sorry you don't like them. I figured you'd be thrilled. Guess not. I would have, and still will take them back and give you a full refund. Someone else will buy them. No worries. All you had to do was inform me of any problem on your end. Could have had this taken care of in a jiffy with no hassle. Take care, Ken

Old 05-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #23
Snake-Queen
Gregory, did you read the rules before you posted? I would say not, if you had, you would know that nothing on BOI can be edited. The BG label is there forever.

I don't think it's fair that you accused Ken of being dishonest, without giving him a chance to make it right. THAT is the reason I will not do business with you, I will not chance a ding on my reputation without being able to make it right first.

First impressions are lasting in this business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #24
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Foose View Post
This is the first time I have heard of any problem. I took photos of these snkes a day or so before I shipped them and sent them to you, as requested. i only had one pair left, so there was no bait and switch. I would never do that anyway. There's no need to misrepresent anything. And we were feeding them large fuzzy mice here. Perhaps not hoppers, and I recommend pinkys to let them adjust to a new home. I'm sorry you don't like them. I figured you'd be thrilled. Guess not. I would have, and still will take them back and give you a full refund. Someone else will buy them. No worries. All you had to do was inform me of any problem on your end. Could have had this taken care of in a jiffy with no hassle. Take care, Ken
Ken, that is very honorable of you.

OP If you're so "unhappy" or "displeased" then Ken is willing to accommodate your buyers remorse; I mean displeasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedpipper View Post
I did see the "info" thread but I though this was to "request" info on a certain seller. If I had known I could choose that I would have chose that. If it is possible for mods to switch this to an info thread I would much appreciate it.
You should have read all stickies prior to posting in the forum. That's why they are there. Nothing is edited in the BOI (unless extenuating circumstances deemed necessary by the mods/admin; and this is not one of them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedpipper View Post
I am new here and as I said I had no idea how serious it was to make a bad guy thread. I simply though this area was to post reviews on transactions and such. I only had a couple of complaints I wished to voice and I didn't realize the repercussions. As I said before we all make mistakes, this being one of mine. Calling me a bad guy and repeatedly saying you would not sell to me is a bit harsh considering I completely didn't understand the seriousness of this (I didn't even know how well regarded Ken is in the reptile community). I should have looked posts up on Ken first to see what others thought before posting this. As I said before I think I was venting a bit and I apologize for it.

@leftycrane - Thank you for understanding my perspective on this.
If you had complaints, then you should have tried to take them up with Ken BEFORE starting your thread. That's the PROPER thing to do. But since you didn't, you could have made this an "Info" thread. "Inquiry" is to request information on a seller/buyer. Had you read the required reading before posting (As it states in that sticky) you would have known that.

You accused him of having mites in his animals that he sent you, yet you didn't quarantine. So you cannot accurately accuse someone of something if you don't know for certain that they caused it; especially after admitting that you didn't quarantine correctly.

Quote:
I acknowledge that this is my fault for not checking the boas and quarantining them to begin with but I do not believe it is acceptable for ANY breeder to sell animals with mites
So if you acknowledge that you didn't do procedures correctly, then you cannot accuse Ken that the mites came from him.

You aren't a bad guy; you're just naive, jump the gun prematurely and very obviously don't read. But not a bad guy. Though you do happen to be someone that I wouldn't do business with just due to the fact that you make accusations about things BEFORE discussing things with the seller. I wouldn't know how you would do on another transaction, nor would I want to be the guinea pig to find out. Best of luck to you.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #25
piedpipper
No I did not read the rules and I realize that is completely my fault.

Ken thank you very much for clarifying I really appreciate it. I am fine with these animals and I do enjoy having them. I also would like to apologize to you because I genuinely thought you did not send me the pictures. In looking at the email you sent me I did not see any pictures so I thought you were referring to the pictures in the ad. I realized that this is because I was viewing the email on my phone and the pictures did not show up. In viewing the email on my computer I saw the pictures you sent me for the first time today. I never realized that emailed pictures do not show up on phones and as I am unfortunately prone to using my phone for just about everything, I though you hadn't sent me any pictures. The pictures were indeed the exact animals you sent me.

This was a complete misunderstanding and I am very sorry that I thought you had misrepresented the animals. I just hope anyone who reads this gets to end and realizes that I was in the wrong rather than you. My fault for not viewing my emails more carefully on my computer rather than my phone.

I know I am accountable for what I said here but I can honestly say I believe I have learned my lesson in being more careful checking emails and looking up information. I hope no one will hold this against me in the future.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #26
Robert Walker
Great job to Ken for offering to help even when he was in the "right". Great job to Greg for owning up to things and saying sorry once he realized he was in the "wrong".

Old 05-25-2016, 03:25 PM   #27
AllisonLeigh
A nice gesture (IMO) would be to create a good guy thread based on how accommodating Ken has been. Bad guy threads are out there forever, but if a good guy thread is created by the same user who create the bad guy thread maybe his future customers will connect the dots? Just my opinion, in seeing how Ken handled himself in this thread I would happily be a customer of his in the future! Kudos!

Good luck to both parties, but a little bit of advice to the OP: Never "vent" on the internet... whether you think it's permanent or not, it is. A short sighted comment can cause a lot of grief. Vent to friends, vent to family, vent to your snakes... venting online can burn bridges you could really use down the road, whether you realize it or not.

Good luck to you both! Enjoy those beautiful little noodles

Old 05-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #28
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonLeigh View Post
A nice gesture (IMO) would be to create a good guy thread based on how accommodating Ken has been.
Great suggestion Allison

Old 05-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
We would prefer if people use existing threads. There are multiple ones about Ken already.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:12 PM   #30
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
We would prefer if people use existing threads. There are multiple ones about Ken already.
That seems a bit silly. Everybody who has an issue starts a new thread (best not to confuse multiple transactions when dealing with a concern)- seems any large volume dealer such as Ken, would very quickly have a very bad "search result" even if 200 people gave him good reviews. if they are all in one thread, and several issues that inevitably occur over a long period of time doing a large volume of sales. Then we have a page of bad results and one good thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!