Info on record / Debbie Prince - Page 59 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #581
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince View Post
OK, here’s my latest update.

It is now Wednesday, May 20, 2009 – ONE MONTH from when I first posted pictures of the MO’s I’ve purchased for Toni. I’ve still not heard one word from Toni. She has my phone number, my email address – and still, nothing.

She was specific on this forum in asking me to not contact her privately, and to post everything here on this forum, which I have done. I’ve offered her a replacement, which was what SHE initially requested – she stated she no longer wanted that. I’ve offered a refund, which she requested and accepted the offer of (and I’ve taken and posted photos to show said MO’s), and I’ve heard nothing. She has never contacted ME to state that she no longer wants said refund (if that is the case.) She is aware of the MO’s, as she has posted about them in other forums. Posting a deadline seems appropriate after an ENTIRE MONTH has gone by, Toni is aware of the offered refund, posts about it on other forums, and continues to not contact me. In this day and age, I just have to think that SOME communication SOMEHOW could have taken place in the span of this last month, if she wanted resolution. How long am I supposed to wait for closure? How much more thrashing do I take?

I’m certainly human, and realize that I could have done some things differently initially *smackself*. I can only apologize for letting my emotions and my circumstances at the time dictate my judgment. I’ve tried my best since to be accommodating to Toni’s requests, as well as trying to stay respectful. At some point, I just think I get to have the opportunity to get back on the horse and ride on, you know?
Debbie,

You've done what you could. At this point, put the whole thing behind you.
If you, in the future, receive something in WRITING from Toni, read it and go from there.

If it were me, I would not respond or deal with Tosha or anyone else but Toni. Tosha has been egging this situation on at every opportunity. It is Toni's deal to purse, and for all we know, she has simply chosen to drop the entire matter.

You can't deal with someone who won't deal with a situation. Go and live your life, this may be one of those horrible 'learning opportunities' which gives each of us insights on how to better deal with future situations.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #582
timebider
Debbie, if I were you, I would seek out my own legal counsel regarding this situation and follow whatever advice is given. Maybe a certified letter from an attorney will get Toni's attention. At the very least, I'd send her copies of the M.O.s with an offer letter via certified mail so I could prove to a court, if need be, that she did receive it. Respecting her request that you not contact her directly could make your life more difficult if she sues. And you probably have legal rights you're not exercising. I wonder if she'd be so adamant about hiding the snake's condition from an attorney.

Consulting an attorney, to my mind, is the best (maybe even only) way to a) get peace of mind that this is really over and b) protect yourself from being blindsided by Toni at some point down the road. Don't know about you, but I don't have $1500 to leave sitting around in uncashed money orders just in case she does decide to return the animal for a refund tomorrow, next month or next year.

I have tried to imagine myself in your position and all I can say is I'm really sorry for how much it must suck. But I think at this point, it needs to be all about CYA for you so you CAN move on with confidence that it's over.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #583
BalloonzForU
Debbie, Thank you for the update.

I'd have to agree with Lynn on protecting yourself.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #584
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
IF Toni is hospitalized, let her get better and deal with it all herself. You yourself said, a few posts ago, that she supposedly could not 'deal with' this now.
Actually Toni HAS been in the hospital... I have talked to her personally on the phone. I will however not go into details about her medical condition... it is not my place.

Its been a bit since I have last talked to her.... so Im not sure of her currenty status.... we were supposed to go out herping (were both in AR) and that had to be canceled because of the Dr. visits... then the hospitalization.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #585
Lucille
Kevin,

I know I speak for many when I say that I hope she recovers soon and can leave the hospital and resume her regular life. Then, she and Debbie can work things out.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #586
johnmartino
Any updates? Was the snake ever put down and the brain necropsied? Results?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!