albino retic help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #1
retic88
Question albino retic help

Hello, i just picked up my first retic last night. im a burm guy and never owned a retic before. its a male purple albino retic. my question is on genetics. im looking for a female and i was wondering what the out come will be.

albino purple male to albino female

albino purple male to lavender female

also i might be getting a albino tiger retic. so what would the outcome be on that one?

albino purple male to albino tiger female

Old 08-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Little Money
I am glad you asked this, because I was wondering the same thing. I have a albino purple male and looking to find a mate for the future also.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
reticguy76
the fact that it is purple, lavender or white doesnt mean much. you can potentially breed a white phase to a white phase and get all purples, all lavenders, or all whites, or any combination of the 3. this phase is known as the clark strain albino gene, and any breeding of any of the 3 phases can produce any combination of the 3. now that being said, there is a theory that if one of the parents is a true purple, then there is a higher probability of producing purples and a higher quantity of them. however, i have seen people breed two purples together and only get whites and lavenders. i have also seen people breed really light lavenders and whites and get 5 or 6 purples. overall its in the odds of the breeding, but for basic purposes, any of the combination of phases bred to another phase will give the potential for all three phases, only two of the 3 or even one of the phase. however, i have really yet to see only whites produced or only lavenders or only purples. its usually mostly whites and lavenders and maybe a couple purples

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!