Google Checkout - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
LadyOhh
Google Checkout

Some of you may not have known, but I have been searching for other ways to receive payments other than Paypal.

Google Checkout was and is a great other option, but sadly, a few years ago, my account was shut down as they did not allow animal sales thru the service.

This morning, I received this e-mail.

Hello Heather,

In our continuing effort to make Google Checkout more useful to merchants
and buyers, we review our content policies on a regular basis.

I am pleased to advise you that we have revised our policy restricting the
sale of animals through Google Checkout. Google Checkout no longer
prohibits the sale of animals that are not endangered or whose sale is not
regulated by law. As a result, you are now eligible to use Google Checkout
to process transactions for animals as permitted by the revised policy.

Please respond to this email and let us know if you would like your Google
Checkout merchant account reinstated.

Please visit
http://checkout.google.com/support/s...y?answer=75724 for
more information on our revised policy.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

The Google Checkout Team

I will be using them more often, and I think more people should too. Seems more simple and straightforward, and they do not charge as much to use the service.

Just wanted to share the good news!

Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Jerry_c_62
Good to know Heather, thanks.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
That is good to know! And it's nice to have more options; PayPal seems to be a monopoly. I know there are other checkout systems you can use besides, but face it, just about EVERYONE is familiar with PayPal.
Hopefully, one day I will NEED to have people use any kind of internet payment form!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
dragonlvr64
I paid for a crested gecko a couple of months ago using google checkout and it went very smoothly. I was initially charged a $1.00 fee along with the money I sent, the $1.00 fee was then deducted. Most people might not even know the fee was deducted. I use online banking so I saw it come up immediately. I would use it possibly when I sell.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
Willow
Just found this thread. I know it's old but I recently set up a Google Merchant account and it seems to have a few more options then Paypal did which is pretty cool. I'm still discovering everything it offers but I'm happy so far.
Plus I like the fact it will automatically transfer my money from my Merchant account into my bank 2 days after the transaction (after my 60 day probation period of course) that will keep me from letting money just sit in the account lol.

I'm glad to hear I should be able to conduct my animal sales smoothly with it =)

Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
Diego Velarde
Fee?

Do they only charge $1 per transaction or is it also 3% like PayPal?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
Metachrosis
With Googles recently public "World Take Over"news I would feel safer with career pigeons

Old 03-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
HerpVenue
Oh my gosh. Thank you for resurecting this thread. I will go search them out.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
Willow
Diego it is a percentage like Paypal....like 2.9% or something haha.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!