The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #81
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
The BOI is going to be sorely missed when it's gone IMO

Old 01-28-2019, 07:21 PM   #82
Magical Geckos
Horrible Idea.
this will just turn more people to facebook

Old 01-28-2019, 07:38 PM   #83
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiibloodwolf View Post
I don't quite see the point in limiting at least view to the BOI threads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Geckos View Post
Horrible Idea.
Curious, in a polite way... it takes time, effort & money to keep things afloat here. Are either of you willing to become contributing members if it meant the BOI stayed open? If not, then you can better understand the pickle.

$ = services
less $ = reduced services <----2/2/19
no $ = no services

This is just math in many ways.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:56 PM   #84
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Geckos View Post
Horrible Idea.
this will just turn more people to facebook
Seems to me it was happening anyway. Their choices have resulted in my choices. That seems fair, doesn't it?

I see that you used to be a Contributor member from 2015 to 2016. Mind telling me why you felt this site was no longer worth it to you to continue supporting financially? Not being accusational, just curious about your perspective, since obviously a lot of other people feel the same way and I would appreciate some insight as to what went wrong that led us to where we are today.

Old 01-28-2019, 08:20 PM   #85
Lucille
I like the sponsor medallion. Clean, spiffy, tasteful.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:44 AM   #86
DLenaRuth999s
Go Team BOI !!

I, too, like the medallion. But I also believe in paying for something of value. This site, and the good people on it have potentially saved my butt many times. I’ve learned a great deal from reading about other people’s problems... to make an unboxing video, recognize red flags, what questions to ask a buyer or seller... and what constitutes good manners in this community. The yearly cost of supporting the BOI is certainly more valuable than two trips to Texas Road House before 6pm. And I can’t put a price on the patience I know it takes to be so helpful.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:07 PM   #87
UpscaleAddictions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Curious, in a polite way... it takes time, effort & money to keep things afloat here. Are either of you willing to become contributing members if it meant the BOI stayed open? If not, then you can better understand the pickle.

$ = services
less $ = reduced services <----2/2/19
no $ = no services

This is just math in many ways.
No I totally get it and if I was on the site more I would, and as my breeding goes and I further get into some of the rarer species that is what I will do. But it all starts somewhere. However I do fully see your point, then it just becomes a matter of is there enough supporters of the site currently to make the switch worth it to the quote mentioned above *Not just BOI but lets say, the full site*.
I just don't have the money to contribute to something I don't quite use often enough. I know its a small amount but for me that money could be directed elsewhere. However even not being on here ever day, I consider this a very valuable research. When I am looking to make a purchase or if I am looking for something that is very specific sometimes I do go through periods where I'm on here multiple times a day, every day. But its just free foot traffic and you're right in saying that it doesn't really help those who work their butts off to make this site what it is.

There's always trial and error with everything though, I know I'm not a paid member yet so my opinion is of the smaller importance (understandably so), I just thought I would share.

Old 01-29-2019, 12:58 PM   #88
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiibloodwolf View Post
I know its a small amount but for me that money could be directed elsewhere.
Sure, we each decide what we value more.
P.S. Your opinion is more than welcome, please don't let my matter of fact comments sway you away from sharing.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:06 PM   #89
WebSlave
Heck, I want to hear other peoples' opinions too. That includes the negatives of why people have left this site, and why they decided to discontinue paid memberships and sponsorships. Maybe I'll learn and know what to do right in my next life.

I will say one thing here that really gripes my butt. I have to manually set up the forum sponsorships, and also audit them periodically to see when they have expired. It's a pain in the butt, really. So anyway, when I see one that has expired, I will usually send the member a courtesy private message to ask if they have noticed that it has expired and their intentions concerning renewal. Of course, if I see that the member hasn't been here for a very long time, I just assume they are gone, and I take down the sponsorship link, and that is that.

Anyway, a good number of them will not even give me the courtesy of a response. Heck, are people pissed because I am charging $50 per year for those sponsorships? I thought the price is a bargain, compared to others I have seen. Then I've even had some that would respond, telling me they will renew "later today" or in a few days, or in a week, and then when I run the next audit, no, they haven't renewed. So I send them another reminder. Honestly a sponsorship might run months after it has expired, as I really don't do the audits all that often. But in cases like the later, I really feel like I am being taken advantage of when their sponsorship has run for MONTHS after having expired and they can't even extend me a simple courtesy reply.

So yeah, sometimes I do cop an attitude when people snub me. I tend to get over them quickly, but I guess an edge does build up cumulatively after a while. I'm just not sure what I did to them to deserve being treated like that, to be perfectly honest.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #90
Dane_zoo
So now if someone has a complaint that they were ripped off or sold a sick animal they have to pay to tell others?

The same if they had a great experience purchasing from someone and wants to tell others?

Did I read that right?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!