Delta no longer shipping venomous!! NO APRIL FOOLS - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #1
amabilis
Stop! Delta no longer shipping venomous!! NO APRIL FOOLS

I saw a post that Delta is no longer shipping venomous snakes. I called my local counter and yes it is true. They are no longer accepting venomous because of employee liability. This could effectively shut down the entire venomous industry. Please respond as this could easily affect the non-ven industry soon. Please post any info. I wish this was a joke, but, IT IS NOT. Call your Delta counter.

Old 04-01-2004, 11:22 PM   #2
Double "D" Reptiles
Please let this be a joke....

If not, then this is a terrible situation for the industry. Everyone needs to know what other possible options may be available. If nothing else, all of you venomous folks should get together and see if you can agree on one major carrier, if one is available, and as soon as you can get together and provide them with loads of business, see if they'll agree to attempt cornering the market for all snakes sent by air freight. Convince others who ship with Delta that this is a sign of things to come and show that one carrier is willing to work with them.

Just my thoughts, but better to jump on it immediately than to wait and have absolutely no direction later.

David (who's looking at getting into venomous in the next 5 years after more experience.)

Old 04-02-2004, 10:14 AM   #3
amabilis
The Whole Poop

Got the whole deal on the Delta jokers. The regional manager got a bug somewhere unmentionable and banned all reptle shipments in this whole district (south west area NM, TX,AZ,CO). The BIG office is taking care of this "overzealousness" of their district manager as he WAY exceded his authority. This is not the only district affected so call your local counter, so these yahoos will get the message. This has a big impact on my business and NW might not be an option as the people are not in touch with their own policies. I am also located in a bad spot for airlines and Delta ,so far, is my only option.
Remember folks this is how things start, without us knowing one person exceded his authority and could have started an avalanche of knee-jerk responses. Please call your local counters and make sure this putz didn't affect you.

David Furphy
AKN Venom & Exotics
Alamogordo NM

Old 04-26-2004, 12:17 AM   #4
COBRAMAN
They still ship venomous for us, but inspect each box first.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!