Neopalotin Western Diamondback!!?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #1
savitarthesurfinggod
Neopalotin Western Diamondback!!??

Okay so i was cruising around facebook and found the New Braunfells Animal World and Snake Farm page and on their facebook they have a Western Diamond back rattlesnake that was found around Abilene in someones back yard at least that is what they claim it is. I was there in December of 2010 and this one was posted from August of 2011 so i have never actually seen it only this picture today. How is this possible because i really would like to know it looks neopalotin with blue eyeshadow lol i don't understand how this is possible in the wild it has no diamond pattern just a stripe is this some kind of albino morph?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Keith Northrop
Cool......

I can tell from the stripe Its similar to the patternless trait....Black eyes....I
would almost bet Patternless gene involved......

Old 03-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
hhmoore
Interesting.
Not to discount the relationship to the patternless trait, as the dorsal pattern is pretty patternless, but what I'm seeing looks like a form of white siding (think white sided bulls, white sided brooks, white sided black rats). Whatever it is, I like it.

As far as the name "Neopolitan"....think about the ice cream packaged under that name - vanilla, chocolate and strawberry - it's a match, lol.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
savitarthesurfinggod
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Interesting.
Not to discount the relationship to the patternless trait, as the dorsal pattern is pretty patternless, but what I'm seeing looks like a form of white siding (think white sided bulls, white sided brooks, white sided black rats). Whatever it is, I like it.

As far as the name "Neopolitan"....think about the ice cream packaged under that name - vanilla, chocolate and strawberry - it's a match, lol.
You are correct i have been told as of last week that it's the only known specimen of a White Sided Atrox and that the pink will turn bleach white as it gets older. As for the Neopalitan i was actually just calling it that for lack of anything else to call it, because i thought it looked like ice cream my sister is convinced that it has blue eye shadow to lol.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
hadenglock
OMG i love the name for this snake!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!